Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 05:10 AM

9,483 posts, read 14,451,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
... only 107,000 votes out of millions ...
Those are all individual human beings who live in local communities, work with their own hands.

People living in districts vote for representatives every two years.

People living in States vote for senators every two or four years.

The electorate of the States votes the president every four years.

SOVEREIGNTY works like that in the United States of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 07:54 AM

35,306 posts, read 31,685,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
"Basket of deplorables" sunk her.
This. I don't even think the email scandal did that much damage. People are used to the hum-drum of various political scandals.

The basket of deplorables was a personal insult - a verbal fingerpoint at YOU.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:43 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,678,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
This. I don't even think the email scandal did that much damage. People are used to the hum-drum of various political scandals.

The basket of deplorables was a personal insult - a verbal fingerpoint at YOU.
I agree. I would say, despite having the entire MSM shilling for her, personally insulting the voters was what did her in. As far as i know, that is the first time in history that a Presidential candidate violated the number 1 rule of campaigning. You NEVER attack the military, the police, or the citizens..she did all 3

Old 06-14-2017, 04:41 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,561,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Her decades of scandal/lies/corruption?
Trump brainwashing a lot of people into believing this line of thought, there was none of this type of vilification of the woman before the election campaign it was only Trumps branding of the woman to be a corrupt criminal that needs to be locked up that sunk her chances of becoming President.
I've yet to hear anything but baseless allegations to this criminal corruption.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:01 AM

15,153 posts, read 11,678,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Trump brainwashing a lot of people into believing this line of thought, there was none of this type of vilification of the woman before the election campaign it was only Trumps branding of the woman to be a corrupt criminal that needs to be locked up that sunk her chances of becoming President.
Oh please, I have known of this womans supreme corruption LONG before I even heard of Trump. so we can shut down that lie straight away...

Old 06-14-2017, 11:14 AM

5,308 posts, read 6,268,710 times
As exciting as the other answers might be- the fact is she ran a ****ty campaign. She has always run ****ty campaigns. And she never seems capable of keying in on two or three topics and driving them home. I am reading the book Shattered now. Her campaign manager seems inept, many of her errors and missed opportunities received her own blessing. She also has a tendency to want her preferred friends instead of more capable people in certain positions and to use aides as gatekeepers.

I'll also point out that her and Bill openly endorsed too many Dem candidates who spent the 2014 elections poor mouthing Obama. Grimes Lundgren (sp) in Kentucky comes to mind immediately. When you run on someone else's accomplishments its not wise to have your own team diminishing them.

Then there is the matter of dragging her feet on the flipper server, not kicking Huma Abedin and her weirdo husband to the curb, being dense enough to give paid speeches with confidentiality clauses immediately before the campaign and not showing up to important base states- or rural areas in general. I group all those under the crappy campaign umbrella as well.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:20 AM

26,238 posts, read 22,402,522 times
What ultimately sunk Hillary was the "total" package. The two biggest hits were forcing out Sanders and the statement on "basket of deplorables". She amplified her hatred by adding those to her resume.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:08 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
oh, come on: so many things led to her defeat and it wasn't just Trump and brainwashing as you call it. This could be said I suppose of any candidate running for public office. Hillary had so many negatives she probably couldn't even be elected to the NY senate another time, but maybe she could. No, there is absolutely no concrete evidence she broke any laws, but there have been so many questions over the years even her strongest supporters have to wonder; where there is smoke, there normally is fire. Add to that she is a lousy campaigner and her referring to people being deplorable didn't help.You put that altogether and you listen to how many people were ready for an outsider, regardless of who that person was and you have a recipe for victory.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:12 PM

12,264 posts, read 6,519,683 times
Quote:
I agree. I would say, despite having the entire MSM shilling for her, personally insulting the voters was what did her in. As far as i know, that is the first time in history that a Presidential candidate violated the number 1 rule of campaigning. You NEVER attack the military, the police, or the citizens..she did all 3
Trump didn`t attack the military? Perhaps Hillary`s greatest blunder was not using racial and religious hatred to get elected. How`s that wall coming along btw? Is Mexico`s check in the mail yet? How can you not feel foolish is what I`m wondering.

Old 06-14-2017, 03:24 PM

35,308 posts, read 52,561,810 times
Quote:
Oh please, I have known of this womans supreme corruption LONG before I even heard of Trump. so we can shut down that lie straight away...
Give me some examples of this corruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections