Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 12:39 AM

800 posts, read 511,132 times

Advertisements

Lots of good responses here. Another thing that comes to mind for me is that her campaign was very arrogant, and I think she felt entitled to win the presidency, and expected it. She pretty much skipped campaigning in the rust belt, thinking that it was "in the bag" and that it was the "blue wall", that they already loved her there, etc. She found out wrong!

Even though she had many errors and flaws, another thing that turned me away from the liberal side more than previous elections was the attitude of an increasingly larger part of their electorate. The last few years of the Obama administration I think witnessed the far left growing more extreme and looney, with all the BLM, SJW, hardcore feminists, etc. The eagerness to NOT be even loosely associated with these people was as much a factor in the election for me as the candidate herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 02:47 AM

33,387 posts, read 35,006,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I mean, there were so many to choose from:

Her decades of scandal/lies/corruption?

Her taking alot of time off the campaign trail to rest?

Her fragile health and lying about it?

Wikileaks showing even more examples of curruption?

Primary cheating regarding Bernie?

Unlikeability/ shrill voice

Picking Tim Kaine as VP?

What do you think?
the blunder that cost her the election- her deciding to run for president.

Old 06-16-2017, 04:29 AM

31,335 posts, read 14,444,411 times
Hillary's biggest mistake - and one that could not be overcome - was being Hillary Clinton.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:20 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,982,149 times
Quote:
Oh please, I have known of this womans supreme corruption LONG before I even heard of Trump. so we can shut down that lie straight away...
Please document, with reliable sources. Thanks.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:19 AM

5,308 posts, read 6,268,710 times
Quote:
I always thought it was odd that people think Putin, looking at the 2 candidates and deciding which one would be easier to control (since that appears to be why they supposedly "Hacked" the election)

1. Donald Trump- A self made billionaire, patriotic, "America first" type. Highly unlikely to be bought off, not a globalist, has very intelligent children who advise him, smart business man.

2. Hillary Clinton- extremely unethical, friends/associates with known ultra corrupt backgrounds, has proven she can be bought. An extreme globalist.

If Putin wanted a puppet in the WH that he can control..Who do you think he would pick?

Trump was not self made. And we was not as successful of a business man as he likes to portray. He is definitely as globablist as Clinton in some respects- heck the Chinese mysteriously started granting him long applied for trademarks as soon as he made it into office.

And by pulling back on US foreign policy he is creating a vacuum the Chinese and Russians are now looking to exploit.

The premise that either Trump or Clinton was awful doesn't negate the reality that both were. In the end I think Clinton hurt herself more than he built himself up. Both had lackluster final vote totals in terms of percentages. I doubt it takes ten years for many to wonder why either even garnered that much support.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:00 PM

12,528 posts, read 8,305,763 times
Thinking that it was "the end of history" and her party had a generational lock on the electoral college while the other side held Congress showing its wider spread of geopolitical support. All those extra votes out of New York City, San Francisco and Los Angeles were as meaningless as the cash raised there to send out meaningless political mailers

Old 06-16-2017, 01:20 PM

12,264 posts, read 6,519,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Give me some examples of this corruption.
Didn`t she rob 4,000 people of their hard earned money at Hillary University? Wait, my mistake, I think that was another candidate.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:36 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,419,867 times
I would say these are the biggest blunders:

1. Believing the U.S. had fewer stupid and/or racist people than reality. The Dems thought there weren't enough idiots and bigots to put Trump over the top, but they were sadly mistaken.

2. Not fighting fire with fire. Trump was lying daily, threatening violence, claiming Hillary should be jailed, etc., and it was all deranged nonsense. Hillary should have fought back on equal terms, calling him a sexual predator, thief, tax dodger, failed businessman, grifer, virulent racist, traitor to America, etc. And unlike the Trump accusations, everything Hillary would have said would have been true.

3. Discounting the threat of Russian interference and Russia's alliance with Trump. The Hillary campaign should have struck much harder given that a hostile foreign entity was in cahoots with Trump in rigging the election. She was a wimp; never calling it like it is. She should have hammered "Traitorous Donald Trump" every minute.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:38 PM

5,463 posts, read 3,093,770 times
Quote:
I mean, there were so many to choose from:

Her decades of scandal/lies/corruption?

Her taking alot of time off the campaign trail to rest?

Her fragile health and lying about it?

Wikileaks showing even more examples of curruption?

Primary cheating regarding Bernie?

Unlikeability/ shrill voice

Picking Tim Kaine as VP?

What do you think?
The sheer arrogance which permeates every aspect of her character.
Trump goes out of his to be distasteful but she is disgusting.

Old 06-16-2017, 03:30 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,677,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Didn`t she rob 4,000 people of their hard earned money at Hillary University? Wait, my mistake, I think that was another candidate.
Nope--you were right. The Clintons are also accused of fraud with a university:

The Clinton University Scandal? | Power Line

Quote:
Laureate Education paid Bill Clinton an obscene $16.5 million between 2010 and 2014 to serve as an honorary chancellor for Laureate International Universities. While Bill Clinton worked as the group’s pitchman, the State Department funneled $55 million to Laureate when Hillary Clinton was secretary of state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections