Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 03:19 PM

138 posts, read 114,762 times

Advertisements

Expecting women to vote for her just because she is a woman.
While she had the advantage, this margin was much smaller then expecting. Proving that us women have a brain and vote on policy/issues/not wanting a complusive liar in office, and not just on gender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 03:22 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
I think Hillary was a flawed candidate, for many reasons, not the least of which is that she is not very exciting.

I think she has also been damaged by decades of criticism by her enemies. Whether or not it was all deserved is not something I am going to delve into. I don't claim to know all the facts. I do have to wonder, though, if Trump would fare much better after as many years of close scrutiny.

If Trump had been vetted for 20-some years, Hillary might well still have lost, but I strongly suspect she would have lost to someone else.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:41 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha830 View Post
Expecting women to vote for her just because she is a woman.
While she had the advantage, this margin was much smaller then expecting. Proving that us women have a brain and vote on policy/issues/not wanting a complusive liar in office, and not just on gender.
Yeah that too. That fiasco with Madeline Albright saying women who don't help other women have a special place in hell was extremely off putting. Especially, to women who have pulled other bright capable women up behind them for decades.

The reality is that the most important thing for women's equality is economic opportunity. If you don't have that, you can have all the respect in the world and still starve or live in poverty.

I have always said women will have achieved equality when there are as many stupid and incompetent women in charge of things as white men. Pretty sure we are there.

I would prefer the first female president be competent and not corrupt. And, while her business with Bill is hers, I cant support someone who told us the lie that her husbands infidelity was a vast right wing conspiracy when she knew better. I could never justify to my granddaughter voting for someone like Hillary just to elect a woman.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:22 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Failing to pander to the White Working Class in the Rust Belt like Trump did.

It's why Trump carried PA and WI.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:13 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Hillary's biggest mistake by far was ignoring the upper Midwest. Michigan. Wisconsin. Ohio.
She just couldn't be bothered and assumed they would vote D no matter what.

Wrong.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:25 PM

1,548 posts, read 912,527 times
If she had come out of practically nowhere, and the country hadn't known her for 30+ years, she would've been blown away early on. Her familiarity is the only thing that got her as far as she did. She was awful! Terrible candidate.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:27 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,070,521 times
Being a liar and corrupt would be at the top of the list.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:45 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times
Hiring Podesta as her campaign chairman ... once his emails were exposed, she was toast.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:45 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
If she had come out of practically nowhere, and the country hadn't known her for 30+ years, she would've been blown away early on. Her familiarity is the only thing that got her as far as she did. She was awful! Terrible candidate.
Are you suggesting that celebrity status and universal name recognition didn't help Trump?

Old 11-15-2016, 03:08 AM

13,686 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I mean, there were so many to choose from:

Her decades of scandal/lies/corruption?

Her taking alot of time off the campaign trail to rest?

Her fragile health and lying about it?

Wikileaks showing even more examples of curruption?

Primary cheating regarding Bernie?

Unlikeability/ shrill voice

Picking Tim Kaine as VP?

What do you think?

In a word: Arrogance.

She knew she would be running yet never took the time to sweep away the dirt within her foundation. HC had an almost unlimited war chest and the MSM in her back pocket but because of the foundation controversy she could never shake the "Crooked Hillary" tag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections