Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 10:12 AM

3,407 posts, read 3,454,462 times

Advertisements

That basket of deplorables was much bigger than she realized
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 11:08 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Hillary lost the election when she said that she wanted to put the 38,000 coal industry workers in PA out of a job.

It was a reminder to every working American that Hillary only holds contempt for them.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:11 AM

8,699 posts, read 11,096,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
She won in terms of content. Her answers were more specific, detailed, and informed. She was far more articulate, and most media folk, for reasons I'm sure you can understand, prize that. After all, it's how they make a living themselves (or at least, how they are supposed to.)
She has almost no content & no details. She blabs & blabs. Hillary is more polished & articulate...that I will give her credit.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:19 AM

6,619 posts, read 5,019,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
I have to agree that Mr. TappperJohn's observation is closest to the mark, but I'm also reminded of the comment about Eugene Hickok and Perry Smith, the two killers in Truman Capote's In Cold Blood, that individually, neither one could commit the crime, but together, they were capable of it.

The naivete' of the SJW juveniles, the "don't give a &^%$ " attitude of the permanent welfare crowd, and the hard-to-hide contempt shown by Obama and the Clintons all played a part.

Barry-O's WonderPets to the contrary, it would appear that teamwork backfired in this case.
Who switched their votes because of the deplorable comment? Nope not buying it.
The simplest explanation is usually the right one, in this case she was the wrong candidate, our system needed an injection of populism, she was the antithesis of that.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:21 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,478,202 times
Default Attention white woman voters....sounds like it's your fault now that hil lost by your "internalized misogyny"

Clinton camp blames white female 'internalized misogyny' for loss - The American MirrorThe American Mirror

"Clinton campaign communications director @jess_mc on election loss: “Internalized misogyny is a real thing” #inners https://t.co/8RV74T0UIh
— All In w/Chris Hayes (@allinwithchris) November 15, 2016"
Just when you think the blame game can't get any more crazy!

And what a way to win friends/influence voters in future elections.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:55 PM

7,597 posts, read 4,172,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
She won in terms of content. Her answers were more specific, detailed, and informed. She was far more articulate, and most media folk, for reasons I'm sure you can understand, prize that. After all, it's how they make a living themselves (or at least, how they are supposed to.)

She lost in terms of touching the raw emotions of her base and the undecided. Remember hearing the phrase "enthusiasm gap?"

Does that sound about right to you?
I think we are in agreement. I did say she sounded more presidential. However, she failed to target specific people like Trump did. It became clear to me how people could vote for him and how her campaign could be in trouble. So when the media was in agreement that she won the debate, I did not agree because I considered who Trump may be targeting.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:04 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,478,202 times
So no woman, especially hil supporters, are offended by this?

Old 11-15-2016, 07:10 PM

45,469 posts, read 60,692,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Who switched their votes because of the deplorable comment? Nope not buying it.
The simplest explanation is usually the right one, in this case she was the wrong candidate, our system needed an injection of populism, she was the antithesis of that.
I don't think it was so much anyone switching their vote but maybe having people vote, in some cases, who might not.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:12 PM

34,078 posts, read 17,134,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
"Basket of deplorables" sunk her.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:24 PM

325 posts, read 372,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Clinton camp blames white female 'internalized misogyny' for loss - The American MirrorThe American Mirror

"Clinton campaign communications director @jess_mc on election loss: “Internalized misogyny is a real thing” #inners https://t.co/8RV74T0UIh
— All In w/Chris Hayes (@allinwithchris) November 15, 2016"
Just when you think the blame game can't get any more crazy!

And what a way to win friends/influence voters in future elections.
Oh for the love of Pete. How about thinking women don't want her to be the first woman president? Maybe someone that doesn't cheat, lie, and manipulate their way to the top? I vote with my brain, not my vagina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections