Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 08:55 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,080,311 times

Advertisements

I honestly credit the debates. Of course the left and the media fawned over Hillary while helping her cheat the entire time but the American people saw through that ****. When Trump said she would be locked up if he were in charge of laws he gained more support than any pollster would admit to.

The people who elected Donald Trump knew that he destroyed Hillary in the debates, it wasn't even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 09:09 PM

13,566 posts, read 7,527,489 times
Relying on demographics as an indicator who they would vote for. She ran a terrible campaign I think her campaign manager will never get hired again. The way she handled the FBI statement, " She was Extremely Careless" that was a major issue with many people a well respected FBI director calling a candidate for president, "Extremely careless" she just kept saying I was not charged with any criminal charges.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:03 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,669,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Relying on demographics as an indicator who they would vote for. She ran a terrible campaign I think her campaign manager will never get hired again. The way she handled the FBI statement, " She was Extremely Careless" that was a major issue with many people a well respected FBI director calling a candidate for president, "Extremely careless" she just kept saying I was not charged with any criminal charges.
Im still stunned that, for the first time in election history, a candidate openly attacked the voters with petulant name calling.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:26 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,738,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Im still stunned that, for the first time in election history, a candidate openly attacked the voters with petulant name calling.
I agree, that wasn't good, she offended people who were on the fence, that hurt her.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:28 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,738,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I think the reason she was stupid to use the deplorables comment was that on the one hand she was acting as if there was no middle ground, she acted as if there were hillary supporters or trump supporters and no in between, she needed to act as if there were still a lot of people who were not sure and she didnt do that.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:52 AM

23,369 posts, read 29,254,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
most of them are all related. Being a liar is the common denominator
Come now! In any election it's the best liar that always wins, all through history! The voters wouldn't have it any other way, as man is ice to truth, fire to falsehoods.

I believe her biggest blunder was not attacking Obamacare, promising to destroy it and start all over with a whole new health care plan!

But, she was afraid to, as she wanted Obama's support!

Choosing Bernie as her Veep choice would have helped as well!

Old 11-16-2016, 01:10 AM

670 posts, read 1,109,206 times
I feel the lack of a clear message really hurt her. There was nothing really to relate to. Based on the radio ad's I heard at work at least one every :30 minutes all day, every day here on the local Vegas classic rock station her ad's were either going for the woman vote or, much more commonly bashing Trump HARD. She ran a very negative campaign which I believe really hurt her. Couple that with the email debacle, the Clinton Foundation issues, Bill's past transgressions with women, Bill's sorted past scandals, and the fact that she just really doesn't come off as a likable person it was a perfect storm against her. As mentioned in previous posts her campaign manager didn't do her any favors.

The flip side was her political experience, her deep ties and connections in Washington, and the fact that early in his campaign Trump said some very dumb things (although his approval rating seemed to climb every time so....). He did polish up quite a bit at the end. The biggest change I noticed was between debates 1 and 2. His first debate he was constantly interrupting and seemed a bit flustered, a bit more on the defensive. The 2nd debate he was much calmer, more focused and didn't seem to let her get under his skin nearly as much. This seemed like a big turning point to me.

Trump's "Make America Great Again" was a clear message and it seemed to resonate with a lot of people. He had clear ideas on how he wanted to "Make America Great Again". With Clinton it wasn't what she wanted to do for America it was "hey, look how bad he is - I'm not him! vote for me". I also think she thought she had it won the whole time which really hurt her as well.

Personally I didn't think Trump had a chance in hell. I was very surprised on election night.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:18 AM

670 posts, read 1,109,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I believe her biggest blunder was not attacking Obamacare, promising to destroy it and start all over with a whole new health care plan!

But, she was afraid to, as she wanted Obama's support!
She was in a real pickle with Obama. Back in '08 when she began running against him early on they had some nasty exchanges. Both Bill and Hillary were very critical of Obama and vice versa. Then suddenly they were supporting him and couldn't say enough good things about him. To me that just reeked of "politics as usual" and I was absolutely convinced that she was told "Look - he's going to run this term and you will support him. Once his term(s) are up we promise it will be your turn". Whether this was true or not she needed his support so, she couldn't really be critical of anything that he's done. That was a tough position for her to be in.

Old 11-16-2016, 02:04 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,934,514 times
The fact is, Liberals cannot conceptualize any reality that exists outside the parameters of race and/or gender. Any event, any comment, any action that happens in the world must have an overriding racial component that explains it.

So, when it comes to a lost election, it can't be because they had a bad candidate, it can't be because they had bad policies, so the reason they lost HAD to be because America is just so racist and sexist. If you tell them it has nothing to do with that, they are genuinely lost, because they have no understanding of a world where race / gender isn't front and center on every issue.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:46 AM

15,128 posts, read 12,306,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The fact is, Liberals cannot conceptualize any reality that exists outside the parameters of race and/or gender. Any event, any comment, any action that happens in the world must have an overriding racial component that explains it.

So, when it comes to a lost election, it can't be because they had a bad candidate, it can't be because they had bad policies, so the reason they lost HAD to be because America is just so racist and sexist. If you tell them it has nothing to do with that, they are genuinely lost, because they have no understanding of a world where race / gender isn't front and center on every issue.
Goes along with their inability to accept personal responsibility for their actions, or the consequences of their actions. It's always someone else's fault when things don't go their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections