Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 07:46 AM

17,961 posts, read 14,972,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The transition team has been working since shortly after the nomination.

True.

Here's what I really would like to know - but I would be surprised if a reporter today would dig and find out:

How helpful has Obama's WH been to Trump's transition team?

GWB reached out to both campaigns well before the ELECTION to make sure that no matter who became the next president, the transition of power would go smoothly.

I would speculate that Obama's WH did nothing of the sort and will continue to do the bare minimum.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:55 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,494,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
True.

Here's what I really would like to know - but I would be surprised if a reporter today would dig and find out:

GWB reached out to both campaigns well before the ELECTION to make sure that no matter who became the next president, the transition of power would go smoothly.

I would speculate that Obama's WH did nothing of the sort and will continue to do the bare minimum.

I agree and we already have evidence of that.

Supposedly a letter from Pence was needed and not received to due some clerical mixup.

Obama WH response to that is report to the press rather than call the Trump team up and let them know it hasn't arrived.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:49 AM

25,867 posts, read 20,804,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
[/b]

I agree and we already have evidence of that.

Supposedly a letter from Pence was needed and not received to due some clerical mixup.

Obama WH response to that is report to the press rather than call the Trump team up and let them know it hasn't arrived.
And "speculate" is all you are doing.

It wasn't the Obama administration that shook up the Trump transition team.
Things were already underway with Christie - everything was signed, etc.

Yeah, they've got their acts together.
Not.

Trump Transition Shake-Up Part of 'Stalinesque Purge' of Christie Loyalists - NBC News

Pentagon left in the dark by Trump transition team - Washington Times

Old 11-16-2016, 09:00 AM

17,961 posts, read 14,972,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And "speculate" is all you are doing.

It wasn't the Obama administration that shook up the Trump transition team.
Things were already underway with Christie - everything was signed, etc.

Yeah, they've got their acts together.
Not.

Trump Transition Shake-Up Part of 'Stalinesque Purge' of Christie Loyalists - NBC News

Pentagon left in the dark by Trump transition team - Washington Times
If Obama's WH had reached out to give any kind of guidance I'm sure we would've heard about it - in fact, Obama probably would've received another Nobel Peace Prize for it.

Obama's transition team was extended a hand early on by the Bush White House - can the same be said for this transition of power?

Old 11-16-2016, 09:13 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,018,459 times
Here is a real gem for those who want to throw around the "reality TV" memes about Trump:

Top Obama Aide Recalls Tensions of 2008 Presidential Transition - Management - GovExec.com

Quote:
...the Obama White House planners, after Election Day 2012, found themselves mulling whether protocol required them to seek the resignations of Obama’s entire Cabinet. Then they realized, according to then-Cabinet Secretary Chris Lu, that they had all gleaned that “best practice” from an episode of TV’s “The West Wing.”

Old 11-16-2016, 09:26 AM

2,543 posts, read 3,755,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The transition is in total disarray. Just like the campaign. See a pattern?
You mean the pattern where the 'disarrayed campaign' actually won the election? Indeed, I see that.

The report about Trump's transition team's supposed chaos and cluelessness came from MSM media, no surprise there. What surprises me is how the Anti-Trump group still believes the same fools who predicted Clinton's victory that never came through. What a bunch of sore losers!

Old 11-16-2016, 09:28 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,814,473 times
Who even listens to the MSM anymore? Trump proved them 100% wrong time after time.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:29 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,393,776 times
Why don't you people just admit you lost and go home. Tired of your B.S. Trump is doing fine.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:40 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,322,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Winning an election are running the government are two entirely different things. With the ignorant electorate, we've prove we can elect any moron
We've seen that for at least 8 years now.. Glad you agree finally..

Old 11-16-2016, 09:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,322,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
There are lots of American living on boats. My brother lives in the Pacific ocean, off Hawaii. He votes in the precinct where the marina is located. He has no address since he does not live at the marina.

Does not matter where people live. Where are their votes counted?
Does your brother hold more voting power than, say I do?

no.. he doesnt, your response is meaningless..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections