Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 09:42 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
Your map displays areas of land, not population distribution.
Some of those states have very small populations.
Which is exactly why the electoral college is used.. So the small populated areas have weight to them.. Did you guys not learn this stuff in 4th grade?

Old 11-16-2016, 09:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I'd take a lobbyist any day in the week versus the neo-Nazi Alt-Right freak Stephen Bannon. At least I can trust the motivations of a lobbyist - good reliable capitalistic greed.
I think its fantastic how you are able to repeat todays talking point, and not even be afraid of how stupid it sounds to the average american voter..

maybe thats why Dems lost.. please keep it up..

Old 11-16-2016, 09:50 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I think its fantastic how you are able to repeat todays talking point, and not even be afraid of how stupid it sounds to the average american voter..

maybe thats why Dems lost.. please keep it up..
I've noticed that that poster along with many others thumping the same rhetoric are remaining far, far away from this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...tual-case.html

Old 11-16-2016, 10:07 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
I feel the hatred in your post OrganicSmallHome. You were the one on election night talking so much about how you hated Trump. You lost. That is all that matters. You keep beating up Trump but don't worry, he is going to do just fine without your opinion.

Give it a rest.

Trump 2020!

Old 11-16-2016, 11:24 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm sorry but Trump leaving reporters "scrambling", because he changed his mind and decided to leave Trump Towers, doesnt really meet the standard you're trying to claim.

Sounds like a bunch of reporters have their panties in a wad because in wanting a private moment to enjoy a meal with his family without reporters, they missed an opportunity to take more jabs at him.

One might also point out that Trump is not the president yet. He's entitled to private moments without reporters as he chooses.
Also, there were many many times that the Obama excluded the media from events he had- perhaps because he wanted some privacy, but also because he didn't want the prying eyes of the media and the public (not scrutiny, not for their Hero) overseeing his activities.

Bet you were ok with that.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:32 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Oh, he has a team. Trump and his son-in-law are the team. Of course his SIL, whose sole qualification is he married the boss's daughter, has absolutely no experience in American government but then neither does Trump.

Sleep tight, America. Two rank amateurs are in charge.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:34 AM

23 posts, read 20,436 times
It's the Republicans. It's not like Trump's going it alone...

Old 11-16-2016, 11:39 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I feel the hatred in your post OrganicSmallHome. You were the one on election night talking so much about how you hated Trump. You lost. That is all that matters. You keep beating up Trump but don't worry, he is going to do just fine without your opinion.

Give it a rest.

Trump 2020!
Right on the mark.

OrganicSmallHome is one of those people who might very possibly do something regrettable. Sad to say it, but the obsessive manner in which he/she creates thread after thread, all so futile to many observers , Pro and Anti Trump fans alike. The links , as if links from the now discredited NYT, Washington Post and even ABC, CBS etc. show nothing was learned from this election.

It is one thing to level hate and pure hatred it really is on an opponent. To then lose , yet still continue on the same path , with no rest , is something that same person will have to address in time.

The emotions of defeat will have to faced sooner rather than later. You know that story of the Japanese soldier in the jungles of SE Asia, who believes the War is still on , years after the Japanese defeat comes to mind with the OP.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:41 AM

2,202 posts, read 4,328,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's falling apart already. The man is the biggest disaster in US history and he hasn't even taken office yet. I'm so disgusted with all the ignorant, bigoted Trump supporters who unleashed this monster on the world.
Note: Fiyero said he was "...disgusted with all the ignorant, bigoted Trump supporters...". He didn't say he was disgusted with the other types of Trump supporters. I know how Trump supporters tend to lump themselves into the same basket with each other no matter how much one tries to single out just the undesirable ones.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:00 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James1202 View Post
Note: Fiyero said he was "...disgusted with all the ignorant, bigoted Trump supporters...". He didn't say he was disgusted with the other types of Trump supporters. I know how Trump supporters tend to lump themselves into the same basket with each other no matter how much one tries to single out just the undesirable ones.

All really does mean all. The correct syntax might have been "some of the ignorant, bigoted Trump supporters".

Ignorance and bigotry is what now defines the poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections