Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2016, 04:34 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times

Advertisements

I think that was meant facetiously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
So are you saying she actually knows nothing about what a president does? Because that was the distinct impression I had when reading her drivel.
Exactly. We have a lot of people saying things about the Trump transition who have no clue what they are talking about. They have no clue how long it took other Presidents to put together their administrations (I have read that Trump is well ahead of where Obama was at this same point in time).

These people are simply naysayers who are running interference and smear campaigns because they don't like the fact that their candidate lost. It's just another form of 'sour grapes.' They should be ignored.

Many of these people are the same ones who told us that Hillary was going to win, and that "the wheels were coming off" the "Trump Train," when in fact the "Hillary Hearse" was on it's way to the graveyard.

Looking at Libby's other pieces, we can see that she is a solid Hillary supporter.

Old 11-17-2016, 04:52 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times
Ah, the armchair quarterbacks and backseat drivers are erupting from the hinterland.

But, how many readers can accurately define the republican form of government, promised in Art.4, Sec. 4, USCON?
Or its source? (No, it's not a "constitutional republic"- it existed BEFORE the constitution)

Not 1 in 100,000 Americans can do it.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:40 AM

13,280 posts, read 7,316,697 times
What are the qualifications to be president? I keep hearing that Trump is un-qualified does that mean someone who has spent their entire life in politics maybe a lobbyist prior to running for office? People that make this "un-qualified" Statement all the time need to take a detailed look into the past of your typical Washington politician look at how they became millionaires by going to Washington.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:20 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
What are the qualifications to be president? I keep hearing that Trump is un-qualified does that mean someone who has spent their entire life in politics maybe a lobbyist prior to running for office? People that make this "un-qualified" Statement all the time need to take a detailed look into the past of your typical Washington politician look at how they became millionaires by going to Washington.
Being able to form one intelligent sentence that is
longer than three words strung together?
Not having a potty mouth?
Not being vindictive?
His vindictiveness is what scares me more than anything but all of
his persona concerns me.
Not being a bully? Hard to deny he isn't.

For me he is just a tacky sleazeball of a man but obviously other people,
although not the majority of americans, see him as a shining star.
He is the leader of the wal-mart movement .

Old 11-17-2016, 07:24 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Being able to form one intelligent sentence that is
longer than three words strung together?
Not having a potty mouth?
Not being vindictive?
His vindictiveness is what scares me more than anything but all of
his persona concerns me.
Not being a bully? Hard to deny he isn't.

For me he is just a tacky sleazeball of a man but obviously other people,
although not the majority of americans, see him as a shining star.
He is the leader of the wal-mart movemen
t .
Doesn't matter what your "majority" thinks....

Old 11-17-2016, 07:36 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
You're posting like a child and nobody cares if you're horrified, if you're so horrified, move out of america, nobody is stopping you and nobody will miss you. I'm an open minded equal opportunity supporter of the candidate that is better, i don't automatically support a party regardless of the incompetence of the candidate, you're posting all this junk about Trump being 'unqualified' when your candidate is the worst candidate who has ever run for POTUS, she wasn't even close to being qualified, she's been in politics for decades and has done nothing but cause death, destruction and chaos, she's an airhead who put america at risk by her stupidity, doesn't know what a classified document is, she's running around like a little schoolgirl with america's safety at her fingertips without a care in the world and you're telling me Trump is unqualified? She's done nothing, makes nothing, creates nothing and stands for nothing.

deflection- 101 - as an American I worry of the next administration just like you did 8 yrs ago- the coin has flipped- and still the same concerns - just form the other party- so deflecting to hilly does not address the concerns of 1/2 of America- We have a right- and do not need to go anywhere, this is our land.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:52 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Doesn't matter what your "majority" thinks....
got it !

Old 11-17-2016, 08:02 AM

Here are some facts for the naysayers to ponder:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxa2mDfVIAIlrjX.jpg

Old 11-17-2016, 08:04 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,298,699 times
I love all these posts from the same crew that managed to believe that Dick Cheney actually ran The White House and then managed to blame every inconvenience on earth on Bush!

Now they manage to believe they belong to some majority, even though most people voted for someone other than Hillary.
There were (so far) 131.6 million votes cast and she got 62.8 million. 47.7%. She only did well in 2 states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections