Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 12:34 PM

8,763 posts, read 11,173,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
This is just sad, folks.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...ion-presidency

"His level of ignorance is so profound that President Obama is reportedly planning to spend an unusual amount of time with Trump, more than President Bush spent with him, to try to prepare Trump for the next four years."

Even the people on his team have no idea how government works. From the WSJ:

"Nor did Trump realize he had to hire a staff. The Wall Street Journal wrote that Trump aides “were … as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.”

It's like watching an old "Keystone Cops" movie. A bunch of idiots, not one of whom have any experience in government, or are even educated about government, running around the White House like kindergarteners.

this is really petty & silly. Any way to put a negative reputation on this post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 12:43 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,749,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
This is just sad, folks.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...ion-presidency

"His level of ignorance is so profound that President Obama is reportedly planning to spend an unusual amount of time with Trump, more than President Bush spent with him, to try to prepare Trump for the next four years."

Even the people on his team have no idea how government works. From the WSJ:

"Nor did Trump realize he had to hire a staff. The Wall Street Journal wrote that Trump aides “were … as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.”

It's like watching an old "Keystone Cops" movie. A bunch of idiots, not one of whom have any experience in government, or are even educated about government, running around the White House like kindergarteners.

Trump Has No Idea of What a President Actually Does

Keep in mind that the OP does. Media has informed him via the WSJ and a movie on keystone cops.

Old 11-17-2016, 12:51 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,417,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Really?

So the Obama administration reached out to Trump's team months ago?

I'm sure if that would've happened we would've heard about that. Over and over and over and over.
I'm not sure how Obama possibly could have reached out to Trump
months ago ? I have seen an interview where Obama stated that
one of the things he really appreciated was the help the Bush team gave him
and that Obama has given instructions for his team to pay
it forward to Trump.
I believe him .

Old 11-17-2016, 01:00 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,915,552 times
This is any different from Obama who violated the Constitution on a near daily basis?

Old 11-17-2016, 01:44 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,592,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump Has No Idea of What a President Actually Does

Keep in mind that the OP does. Media has informed him via the WSJ and a movie on keystone cops.
Trump is an idiot. Any idiot can become a billionaire.

Any idiot can win an election against a career politician that was the First Lady, Senator of New York, Secretary of State and had everything in her favor from the media to the President of the United States.

He has no idea what he's doing . But somehow he just keeps winning. I guess he's just lucky..

Old 11-17-2016, 01:50 PM

32,225 posts, read 34,987,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Trump is an idiot. Any idiot can become a billionaire.
There is no evidence he's a billionaire. Kim Kardashian has a better business record than Donald Trump.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:50 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,474,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
I'm not sure how Obama possibly could have reached out to Trump
months ago ? I have seen an interview where Obama stated that
one of the things he really appreciated was the help the Bush team gave him
and that Obama has given instructions for his team to pay
it forward to Trump.
I believe him .
I do as well. Trump has also praised his efforts. Obama is doing more then required because Bush gave him a good example of what good stewardship of the position looks like, and Obama knows that's the kind of person he wants to be.

Yes yes, I know all the nonsense that the right says. It's mostly so much nonsense. Obama derangement syndrome is now becoming trump derangement syndrome. I don't tolerate either really well.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:52 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,456,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
It's been heavily documented for years that Bush bent over backwards to ensure the transition of power went without a hitch.
It has? Can you share some of that documentation, please?

Thanks!

Old 11-17-2016, 01:53 PM

79 posts, read 105,003 times
And Obama did? You people want to try to make mountains out of ant hills based on nothing at all. No one who was not a VP or extensively around the presidency knows what is involved. You act like its some kind of disqualifying factor. If one had to be have experience of being president to run no one could run. You jackwagons out there need to get it clear, You have president Trump for at least 4 years starting jan 20th. Get done crying and man up

Old 11-17-2016, 01:54 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,456,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Obama is doing more then required because Bush gave him a good example of what good stewardship of the position looks like, and Obama knows that's the kind of person he wants to be.
Did he tell you that personally, or is there another source for that assertion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections