Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 02:15 PM

17,377 posts, read 14,618,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
I'm not sure how Obama possibly could have reached out to Trump
months ago ? I have seen an interview where Obama stated that
one of the things he really appreciated was the help the Bush team gave him
and that Obama has given instructions for his team to pay
it forward to Trump.
I believe him .

If Obama truly wanted to pay it forward as Bush did - Obama would've contacted Trump's team several months before the election.

Did that happen?

I bet not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 02:15 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,446,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I recommend that you find better sources than the Huffington Post. Afterall, they have been wrong about Trump's chances for the last 1.5 years. This speaks for itself.
HuffPost is terrible. They gave Trump a 2% chance of winning the election.
No wonder HuffPost fans were so SAD when Trump won!

I look at HuffPost once in a while but it's so ridiculous that it's hard to read.

Not much fact, lot's of 'feelings' or 'opinions'

Old 11-17-2016, 02:17 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

I look at HuffPost once in a while but it's so ridiculous that it's hard to read.

I'm amazed there are some who still post links to their nonsense as source for their arguments.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:20 PM

17,377 posts, read 14,618,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
It has? Can you share some of that documentation, please?

Thanks!

Top Obama Aide Recalls Tensions of 2008 Presidential Transition - Management - GovExec.com

This particularly stands out:

Quote:
The 2008 transition, Kumar said, “was the best in anyone’s memory, in part because 9/11 made everyone recognize that a transition is fragile time.” Its hallmark was that President George W. Bush worked with both Democratic candidate Barack Obama and Republican candidate John McCain beginning as early as the summer. Occasionally, “there were some harsh words from the Obama campaign about Bush, but people knew that was just part of the campaign,” Kumar said.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:22 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,175,054 times
Quote:
I wasn't aware that presidents authorized spending or extended the national debt. When did that begin? January 21, 2009?
He signed 235 executive orders but when it comes to the budget he has no saying? Maybe he had too much Pootsa and lost his mind.. Either way he was a Soros puppet like Hilliary..

Old 11-17-2016, 02:22 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,446,238 times
It's funny they keep saying Trump's America.
But Prince Obama is still President . It's almost as if they don't realize. I guess it's because Trump just looks and act very Presidential.
Many are plain ignorant and probably think Trump became President already and Obama is out. This really wouldn't surprise me.

A Gem from today. MY SKIN COLOR IS A DISEASEEEEE . Typical Hysterical HuffPost stuff.

"[Trump] gives people, especially the American patriarchy, a soap box to look down upon and attack marginalized communities."
LOL. American Patriarchy?? Seriously?..

My Skin Color Is A 'F**king Disease' In Trump's America | The Huffington Post

Old 11-17-2016, 02:31 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I recommend that you find better sources than the Huffington Post.
I noticed you didn't attempt to reject the other two sources, the Daily Caller and Joe the Pumber.

Is dishonesty a habit with you?

BTW, being wrong about Trump's chances does not negate the credibility of anyone.

Remember when tRump was calling the election rigged? Sounds like he was wrong about his own chances.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:32 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,240 times
Quote:
It's funny they keep saying Trump's America.
It is? I keep hearing that tRump won because he represents the 'real' America.

tRump's America. I like it.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:38 PM

8,679 posts, read 11,071,987 times
Quote:

Huffpost is a comic book.

On Nov 9, their page was titled... "American's Suicide"...then "America's Mourning". They are a big joke.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:41 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Quote:
I noticed you didn't attempt to reject the other two sources,
It only takes one to prove the nonsense. Given your track record concerning Trump's chances of being President, I was being very generous in making any response.

But no matter. The sitting Vice President of the USA has said they will be leaving the WH in good hands. i.e. It's just another anti-Trump topic that has been proven 100% wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections