Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 11:44 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,566,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
my own homework? Im not the one accusing him of destroying lives, if you are going to make that statememt, give me a life he destroyed. just one. the comment was 'many lives' im asking for one, since there are so many of them, coming up with one shouldn't be a problem.
Please see links provided above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 11:44 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,282,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
This is just sad, folks.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...ion-presidency

"His level of ignorance is so profound that President Obama is reportedly planning to spend an unusual amount of time with Trump, more than President Bush spent with him, to try to prepare Trump for the next four years."

Even the people on his team have no idea how government works. From the WSJ:

"Nor did Trump realize he had to hire a staff. The Wall Street Journal wrote that Trump aides “were … as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.”

It's like watching an old "Keystone Cops" movie. A bunch of idiots, not one of whom have any experience in government, or are even educated about government, running around the White House like kindergarteners.

You will surely cry as Trump assumes the mantle of commander of chief with a senate and congress to back him.

The people dictated , as have great movements in the past , a time to refresh to reenergize the stale inept air of the establishment had finally come. A bold move forward by a brave and pioneering people to rid the nation of the cancer of corruption and glaring inequity.

What do you fear more OP, the power of change or your own reluctance to say goodbye to a system where you were no more than a faithful and brainwashed lackey.

Be brave OP, be brave. You know what happens when you do the same thing over and over.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:45 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,745,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Obama has deported more illegals than any other president. So stop spreading lies. Look it up
i never said anything about him deporting people, what am i lying about?

Old 11-15-2016, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
You will surely cry as Trump assumes the mantle of commander of chief with a senate and congress to back him.

The people dictated , as have great movements in the past , a time to refresh to reenergize the stale inept air of the establishment had finally come. A bold move forward by a brave and pioneering people to rid the nation of the cancer of corruption and glaring inequity.

What do you fear more OP, the power of change or your own reluctance to say goodbye to a system where you were no more than a faithful and brainwashed lackey.

Be brave OP, be brave. You know what happens when you do the same thing over and over.
"Great movements"? "Refresh . . . the stale inept air of the establishment"?

Trump is "the establishment." Always has been. Even now, he's spending most of his time with Wall Streeters and billionaires. Wake up.

As for my own relationship to "the establishment": I've been fighting it for a very long time--longer, probably, than you've been alive. And I can promise you that "the cancer of corruption" will be entering the White House in January 2017.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:52 PM

Quote:
How about all the people whose money he stole for that phony "Trump University"? Or the people he hired and then refused to pay? And then sent his lawyers to threaten if they even suggested that they would take him to court?d

USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn

Or how about this one: Donald Trump: Why US Law Makes It Easy to Stiff Contractors.

Or this one: Report: Trump has refused to pay hundreds of workers | TheHill

But, of course, it won't matter what "evidence" I supply. You'll just dismiss the source, as usual, because it doesn't line up with what you prefer to believe.
There's a lot of proof that people have been paid to make up lies about Trump, plenty of it has been proven, plenty of these people who originally lied retracted their stories, people are being paid now to stage protests, people were paid to start violence at trump rallies, so when you post stuff like this, i don't know if i can believe any of it to be true. The' stiffing contractors' thing is minor, these are not people who's lives are 'destroyed' and trump isnt the only person in real estate who has had to deal with contractors, its a lot of he said she said, i'm sure all of it was settled, if trump didnt pay what he owed, the contractor would take him to small claims court and it would all be settled, its not a life destroying situation that you alleged.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:56 PM

Quote:
There's a lot of proof that people have been paid to make up lies about Trump, plenty of it has been proven, plenty of these people who originally lied retracted their stories, people are being paid now to stage protests, people were paid to start violence at trump rallies, so when you post stuff like this, i don't know if i can believe any of it to be true. The' stiffing contractors' thing is minor, these are not people who's lives are 'destroyed' and trump isnt the only person in real estate who has had to deal with contractors, its a lot of he said she said, i'm sure all of it was settled, if trump didnt pay what he owed, the contractor would take him to small claims court and it would all be settled, its not a life destroying situation that you alleged.
See what I mean? And you haven't had time to read those links.

Jesus Christ himself could descend from the heavens and tell you the same thing and be called a liar.

Do you not see that there is something very, very strange when one sees a political candidate as some sort of savior? When one cannot brook any criticism of him whatsoever? That's cult-like behavior. How in the world do you ever expect to hold Trump's feet to the fire--as Jefferson demanded of the "true patriot"--if you are unwilling to even hear criticism of him--much less engage, on your own, in even constructive criticism of him?

P.S. Many of those people just walked away and took the loss; Trump's lawyers can be very intimidating--as when they threatened one guy that they would keep him in court so many years, he would have nothing. He couldn't afford it. What else could he do?

Old 11-15-2016, 11:59 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,474,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Obama has deported more illegals than any other president. So stop spreading lies. Look it up
Sigh.

Here:
High deportation figures are misleading - LA Times

Is probably among the best coverage. I have looked into the definitions changing, the underlying numbers, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the change puts him about comparable to the highest deportation rate, but his predecessor manages to beat him. He MAY have the highest deportation rate, but I would agree that he is at least the second highest.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:02 AM

34,289 posts, read 19,474,558 times
Quote:
You are apparently unaware that small claims only works for very tiny amounts. IE I think my local limit is 5K. And that all of this is well documented. You are actually embarrassing yourself here.

Here, since you can't seem to get a good defensive narrative up let me help you.

"Donald Trump is a businessman doing what was in the best interest of his company, just as he will for the us" is a FAR better bit of nonsense then this complete denial of reality. This is embarrassing.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sigh.

Here:
High deportation figures are misleading - LA Times

Is probably among the best coverage. I have looked into the definitions changing, the underlying numbers, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the change puts him about comparable to the highest deportation rate, but his predecessor manages to beat him. He MAY have the highest deportation rate, but I would agree that he is at least the second highest.
From what I gathered in that article, the only difference is a question of what kind of illegal immigrant gets deported. And numbers can get shifted in all kinds of ways if that's the tack taken for arriving at a tally. But if I'm wrong about that, I'm wrong.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:07 AM

Quote:
See what I mean? And you haven't had time to read those links.

Jesus Christ himself could descend from the heavens and tell you the same thing and be called a liar.

Do you not see that there is something very, very strange when one sees a political candidate as some sort of savior? When one cannot brook any criticism of him whatsoever? That's cult-like behavior. How in the world do you ever expect to hold Trump's feet to the fire--as Jefferson demanded of the "true patriot"--if you are unwilling to even hear criticism of him--much less engage, on your own, in even constructive criticism of him?

P.S. Many of those people just walked away and took the loss; Trump's lawyers can be very intimidating--as when they threatened one guy that they would keep him in court so many years, he would have nothing. He couldn't afford it. What else could he do?
Wolf has been cried many times, there are a lot of false stories out there, you seem to be pretty convinced that you can differentiate a false story from a true one, i'm not that good, i can't differentiate the lies from the truths, if they are crying wolf and making things up that are later debunked, i'm just going to assume its all lies, how can you differentiate truth from fiction? You do realize there have been made up stories about trump that the person making up the story later admitted they made it up, right?

i'm trying to pick a presidential candidate and not be some kind of moral authority on how people should speak or act, im not judging him on how he's acting as a stand alone factor, im looking at the bigger picture, no, he's not a savior or a perfect human, but i'm not judging him on that, i'm comparing him to HER, and that's a much different standard than comparing him to mother teresa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections