Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 12:53 AM

34,289 posts, read 19,470,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
my own homework? Im not the one accusing him of destroying lives, if you are going to make that statememt, give me a life he destroyed. just one. the comment was 'many lives' im asking for one, since there are so many of them, coming up with one shouldn't be a problem.
This is sad. I mean really. People have provided lots of them, then you just deny their existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
From what I gathered in that article, the only difference is a question of what kind of illegal immigrant gets deported. And numbers can get shifted in all kinds of ways if that's the tack taken for arriving at a tally. But if I'm wrong about that, I'm wrong.
From the link:
Quote:
Until recent years, mostpeople caught illegally crossing the southern border were simply bused back into Mexico in what officials called "voluntary returns," but which critics derisively termed "catch and release." Those removals, which during the 1990s reached more 1 million a year, were not counted in Immigration and Customs Enforcement's deportation statistics
Even with that, it is pretty clear Obama is in either first or second place for deportations. But its unwise to say he is #1 in it. Its close, but from there the noise in the data makes it hard to define since we are no longer comparing the same data.

This one was a painful argument I had with someone here that I lost. I don't even remember who it was. Mircea maybe?

Old 11-16-2016, 01:00 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,497,853 times
Quote:
This is just sad, folks.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...ion-presidency

"His level of ignorance is so profound that President Obama is reportedly planning to spend an unusual amount of time with Trump, more than President Bush spent with him, to try to prepare Trump for the next four years."

Even the people on his team have no idea how government works. From the WSJ:

"Nor did Trump realize he had to hire a staff. The Wall Street Journal wrote that Trump aides “were … as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.”

It's like watching an old "Keystone Cops" movie. A bunch of idiots, not one of whom have any experience in government, or are even educated about government, running around the White House like kindergarteners.
I doubt that there are many who actually know what a president does however,

those of you disparaging Mr. Trump before he even takes office have no idea what he is capable of doing.
You are having a tantrum and stamping your feet yelling as loud as you can ........assumptions......

Old 11-16-2016, 01:11 AM

16,827 posts, read 8,807,628 times
Quote:
This is just sad, folks.

"His level of ignorance is so profound that President Obama is reportedly planning to spend an unusual amount of time with Trump, more than President Bush spent with him, to try to prepare Trump for the next four years."

Even the people on his team have no idea how government works. From the WSJ:

"Nor did Trump realize he had to hire a staff. The Wall Street Journal wrote that Trump aides “were … as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.”

It's like watching an old "Keystone Cops" movie. A bunch of idiots, not one of whom have any experience in government, or are even educated about government, running around the White House like kindergarteners.
I am sure you and other leftist partisans would like to believe those stories as a means to try and undermine Trump before he even gets started. So any report, which you cannot possibly know to be true, but that fits your bias, will be latched on to.

Here is a news flash for you.
Prior to Obama being a freshman senator (which is nothing like being a president), his biggest claim to fame was being a "community organizer". He had never even been a manager of a business, much less a CEO or governor. Thus he has ZERO experience as an executive and was clueless. Needless to say Trump has started and run a successful empire in the construction world, thus has had tons of executive experience.
He also seems much more suited to be a leader than Obama ever did, but time will tell.

So liberals should not be hypocrites like they have been when they voted for Obama over McCain & Romney, both of whom had more experience. Then this time around they were saying they wanted to vote for the person who had the most experience.
You cannot have it both ways, as people are not as stupid or forgetful as you might hope.

`

Old 11-16-2016, 01:13 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,656,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
I was going to stop posting for tonight but you're posts are so factually incorrect, I had to enlighten you. Obama, as always, has cooked the books on deportations. He counts multiple deportations of the same illegal as seperate deportations, thus giving the appearance of many deportations. This had never been done with previous administrations. Obama the innovator/liar.

Try again.
Quote:
Do you have evidence that Obama has "cooked the books"? You actually have to be able to back up your claims. I mean, if you're so interested in "facts." Otherwise, you're just throwing spaghetti against the wall and hoping it will stick.
Quote:
Until recent years, mostpeople caught illegally crossing the southern border were simply bused back into Mexico in what officials called "voluntary returns," but which critics derisively termed "catch and release." Those removals, which during the 1990s reached more 1 million a year, were not counted in Immigration and Customs Enforcement's deportation statistics.

There, greywar already gave you the link from where my facts came from.
Enjoy your spaghetti.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:19 AM

33,555 posts, read 12,786,051 times
deleted - once my post posted, I noticed the posts directly above ^^^^^ mine = the exact same point as my post

Old 11-16-2016, 01:33 AM

33,555 posts, read 12,786,051 times
Quote:
And I can promise you that "the cancer of corruption" will be entering the White House in January 2017.
.....and I feel certain that that will be eating away at you a bit each day every day that he is in office.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
.....and I feel certain that that will be eating away at you a bit each day every day that he is in office.
I voted against.....and even *I* feel this way. I had hoped that at lease maybe he would TRY and not look corrupt as heck.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Quote:
There, greywar already gave you the link from where my facts came from.
Enjoy your spaghetti.
Would it have killed you to have? It would have resolved this with a LOT less effort by you.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:38 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,549,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
You're 'doubling down' on all the incorrect stuff you've posted before, instead of typing out incorrect and incoherent rambling, why not just say the better man won and i'm going to support him because as a true american i want to put america first. the election is over and you're posting as if you're trying to convince people to vote for hillary, unfortunately, you have to accept the result, why not make the best of it? So, you're mad that your candidate lost, we can't always get what we want in life, sometimes life is unfair, but why not buck up and for the good of america, support your country?
Like the right did for 8 years of Obama? Trump is the type of guy you either love him or hate him those that hate him will continue to do so for his entire term in office.

PS America is spelled with a capital A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections