Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 01:45 AM

9,169 posts, read 5,843,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ahh...not so much. Its about the same as the prior president actually. They changed their accounting methods, so while it looks like that is the case, if you investigate deeply enough you find out its not. Theres been a lot more self deportation I suspect. After all Mexico got universal healthcare.
Yeah, like the unemployment rate, the numbers are phony.
They count interdictions at the boarder as deportations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 02:01 AM

714 posts, read 586,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
This is just sad, folks.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...ion-presidency

"His level of ignorance is so profound that President Obama is reportedly planning to spend an unusual amount of time with Trump, more than President Bush spent with him, to try to prepare Trump for the next four years."

Even the people on his team have no idea how government works. From the WSJ:

"Nor did Trump realize he had to hire a staff. The Wall Street Journal wrote that Trump aides “were … as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.”

It's like watching an old "Keystone Cops" movie. A bunch of idiots, not one of whom have any experience in government, or are even educated about government, running around the White House like kindergarteners.
President Obama had far less experience going into the presidency than Donald Trump has going into his gig. It's a learning curve for anyone walking into the position. The media, as always, is picking up on every little thing and making a huge deal out of it.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:11 AM

451 posts, read 237,355 times
Quote:
This is just sad, folks.

"His level of ignorance is so profound that President Obama is reportedly planning to spend an unusual amount of time with Trump, more than President Bush spent with him, to try to prepare Trump for the next four years."

"Nor did Trump realize he had to hire a staff. The Wall Street Journal wrote that Trump aides “were … as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.”

It's like watching an old "Keystone Cops" movie. A bunch of idiots, not one of whom have any experience in government, or are even educated about government, running around the White House like kindergarteners.

Well he could always ask that outstanding President we had not long ago. Right?
Attached Thumbnails
Trump Has No Idea of What a President Actually Does-monica.jpg  

Old 11-16-2016, 06:19 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,763,326 times
Quote:
Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than any President in the history of the country. And he's far from being a "hack." Good grief.
Turning people away at the border is not a valid "deportation". Only illegals that actually get into the country and are apprehended by law enforcement count. Barack's "catch and release" is a joke.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:32 AM

8,325 posts, read 3,972,490 times
Quote:
Why not read the article?

I'm not "mad" that "my candidate" lost. I'm not 4 years old: I don't get "mad" when I lose. Some people I've voted for (even including a Republican) have won, some have lost. My entire identity is not melded into a party or some political messiah. What I am is horrified that the person elected to the Office of the Presidency is so profoundly unqualified. And that horror comes precisely out of my support for my country. That said, when Obama won, not too many of you were willing to take the "buck up, for the good of America," etc., advice, were you?
You said it. Bear in mind though, that the few dozen posters here on C-D that take these silly positions don't represent all the Trump voters. It doesn't matter what they think in the end, because now that they elected this guy they have ZERO control over where their lunatic will take the country. He's clueless and the team he is assembling is in a state of anarchy already.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:03 AM

39,950 posts, read 26,676,618 times
Quote:
Trump Has No Idea of What a President Actually Does

Guess what? Neither does Obama. After 8 years he leads the country in divisiveness and whining, not leadership.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:12 AM

7,272 posts, read 5,320,289 times
Should Trump be considered one of the least "qualified" to have won the presidency? Not sure how you can answer this a no, and if you do, please name a lesser qualified president going into their 1st term.

Did every president elect walk into the White House smoothly transitioning everything? I would have to say no.

Did every president elect before have such media scrutiny on them? I would say no.

Does anyone here have a real crystal ball that can tell us all exactly what the Trump presidency will look like? If you answer yes, at least take off that funky white jacket with the arms tied around your back.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:21 AM

13,578 posts, read 7,540,458 times
Quote:
This is just sad, folks.

That's because Trump is has not spent his entire life becoming a millionaire by working as a politician.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:22 AM

26,177 posts, read 22,361,181 times
Quote:
This is just sad, folks.

Well, he darn well knows that "pay to play" is not the way to go, and that is a start. Trump will have people guiding him through the proper way to get things done and unlike his competition that got her butt kicked to the curb once and for all, Trump will actually follow the proper procedures and not endanger our country!

Old 11-16-2016, 07:23 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,486,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Stop OP! Stop already. Trump won and he'll hopefully be around for eight years! Get used to it or move to Jupiter with Cher.
He won't even finish this term. He'll either resign or be impeached.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections