Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 07:24 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,208,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Should Trump be considered one of the least "qualified" to have won the presidency? Not sure how you can answer this a no, and if you do, please name a lesser qualified president going into their 1st term.

Did every president elect walk into the White House smoothly transitioning everything? I would have to say no.

Did every president elect before have such media scrutiny on them? I would say no.

Does anyone here have a real crystal ball that can tell us all exactly what the Trump presidency will look like? If you answer yes, at least take off that funky white jacket with the arms tied around your back.
Did any president have a pending lawsuit for swindling and scamming hopeful America entrepreneurs on the horizon before his inauguration?

Did any candidate before throw his hat into the ring so that he could garner TWO BILLION dollars of free publicity to further capitalize on his brand and speaking of brand...Did any other president manufacture his line of goods in China while pandering to American workers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 07:30 AM

9,613 posts, read 7,020,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Why not read the article?

I'm not "mad" that "my candidate" lost. I'm not 4 years old: I don't get "mad" when I lose. Some people I've voted for (even including a Republican) have won, some have lost. My entire identity is not melded into a party or some political messiah. What I am is horrified that the person elected to the Office of the Presidency is so profoundly unqualified. And that horror comes precisely out of my support for my country. That said, when Obama won, not too many of you were willing to take the "buck up, for the good of America," etc., advice, were you?
I read it. It's mostly conjecture written by a leftist. Aside from Vice Presidents who run for office, I doubt most candidates know all the day to day mundane details of being president. Especially from someone who's never run for public office.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:31 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,156,296 times
Quote:
This is just sad, folks.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...ion-presidency

"His level of ignorance is so profound that President Obama is reportedly planning to spend an unusual amount of time with Trump, more than President Bush spent with him, to try to prepare Trump for the next four years."

Even the people on his team have no idea how government works. From the WSJ:

"Nor did Trump realize he had to hire a staff. The Wall Street Journal wrote that Trump aides “were … as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.”

It's like watching an old "Keystone Cops" movie. A bunch of idiots, not one of whom have any experience in government, or are even educated about government, running around the White House like kindergarteners.
Trump is the president elect. If he ends up being a good president or a bad one, or decides to run away in the middle of his term is just conjecture at this point.
These posts are not gonna change the election results.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:32 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,208,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
He won't even finish this term. He'll either resign or be impeached.
He'll have enough time to do damage and make certain that he further enriches his brand and bank accounts. There are already so many conflicts of interest surfacing within his family businesses and this farce of a presidency. He is also going to further an Alt-right agenda by doling out power to some really ****ed-up characters and players. His team is scrambling to settle that lawsuit before he takes oath (as if an oath means anything to the birther swindler) and not at all surprising that this might be another reason he pursued the presidency. What a fraud!

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-16-2016 at 08:44 AM..

Old 11-16-2016, 07:36 AM

12,685 posts, read 6,777,590 times
LOL, can we let the man actually take office and begin his term as POTUS before we judge his presidency a failure?

I didn't vote for either of those idiots and I'm proud to say it. Both were terrible choices. I think either of them would have made a decent sized mess of things. But I'm willing to let Trump prove me and everyone wrong.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:41 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,917,273 times
But Trump is gatering some allies to help him out ....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...errorism-syria

Old 11-16-2016, 07:43 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,468,116 times
I was going to buy a new car in 2017 but I just found out the manufacturing plant just fired the CEO all of the VP's plus the entire work force of 4,000.

Do you think they will be able to make me a car as good as the one I had for the last 8 years?

Old 11-16-2016, 07:45 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,495,863 times
Quote:
This is just sad, folks.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...ion-presidency

"His level of ignorance is so profound that President Obama is reportedly planning to spend an unusual amount of time with Trump, more than President Bush spent with him, to try to prepare Trump for the next four years."

Even the people on his team have no idea how government works. From the WSJ:

"Nor did Trump realize he had to hire a staff. The Wall Street Journal wrote that Trump aides “were … as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.”

It's like watching an old "Keystone Cops" movie. A bunch of idiots, not one of whom have any experience in government, or are even educated about government, running around the White House like kindergarteners.
If you believe this, I have a bridge to sell you.

Pence was a congressman and a governor. The new chief of staff knows everyone in the Republican party.

This is simply not credible reporting. Of course they know they have staff to replace. Don't be ridiculous.

Maybe Trump himself was not aware of how many, but so what. He wont be dealing with most of them. Certainly he himself is not sitting around overseeing the hiring of 4000 people. That would be really stupid and a waste of his time.

That's not how the process works.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:46 AM

6,857 posts, read 3,443,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
He won't even finish this term. He'll either resign or be impeached.
Thank you, Madame Lazonga. Is that sage prediction from your crystal ball or your Ouija board?

Old 11-16-2016, 07:49 AM

7,272 posts, read 5,327,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Did any president have a pending lawsuit for swindling and scamming hopeful America entrepreneurs on the horizon before his inauguration?

Did any candidate before throw his hat into the ring so that he could garner TWO BILLION dollars of free publicity to further capitalize on his brand and speaking of brand...Did any other president manufacture his line of goods in China while pandering to American workers?
I can't help it if Trump was America's choice, even in knowing what baggage he is bringing to the White House. I voted Hillary, but nothing I can do now but see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections