Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 08:07 AM

25,792 posts, read 17,560,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
The majority of Trump's supporters were old white men.........White men in American have lost their jobs and power in society..........
Can't have it both ways. Either White men are in charge or they have lost their power. Pick one if you are going to brand White men.

Better to put the branding iron away, I think.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:08 AM

10,299 posts, read 6,400,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
And that's the cue to stop reading. When the premise of an argument is patently false, there's no point in laboring through to the conclusion.
That was from a survey after of voters after the Election, NOT my opinion. I suppose you can Google survey if you so choose to.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:10 AM

12,685 posts, read 6,776,585 times
Why do the Hillary faithful fail so miserably at analyzing the outcome of the election?? It wasn't about racism. It wasn't about promoting LGBT discrimination. It wasn't about misogyny.

With apologies for all the f-bombs, this liberal guy from the UK pretty much nails it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

I didn't vote for Trump. I don't like him and think his approaches to American problems are doomed to fail. But I'm absolutely amazed at how many on the left want to just chalk it all up to racism, sexism and bigotry. Trump gained significantly in the black, asian and Latino vote demographics. He even got a higher percentage of the women's vote than Romney -- despite the fact that he was running against a woman and Romney wasn't. He did all that while matching Romney almost exactly for the white vote. "Male White America" is a shrinking demographic. Trump actually won because of he gained votes in every demographic he supposedly hates and intends to persecute/destroy. That is what the Democrats need to be analyzing.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:11 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,548,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Again, once the left stops calling anyone who disagrees with their politics a racist, misogynist, xenophobe, anti-LGBTQ, anti-tolerant, or other deplorable and derogatory name then maybe people will start to come around. Honestly though, the Democrats seem to be the party fixated on absolute hate and intolerance of others that don't bow down to their play book 100%, its closed minded and sickening.
Today's fundamentalist liberals are like fundamentalist Muslims who practice taqqiya - the idea that lying is perfectly acceptable if it serves a "greater goal". Considering their proclivity for violence I'd say they're also instituting fatwa into their insanity.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:13 AM

10,093 posts, read 5,814,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
That was from a survey after of voters after the Election, NOT my opinion. I suppose you can Google survey if you so choose to.
I don't have to Google anything to understand basic demographics or the sheer impossibility/absurdity of your claim.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:17 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,370,356 times
I'm fairly confident that every misogynist who went to the polls voted for Trump.

I'm also fairly confident that the number of misogynists who went to the polls wasn't enough to sway the election either way, so wasting time belaboring this point only inhibits productive discourse about the real reasons Trump won.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:21 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,018,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
I'm fairly confident that every misogynist who went to the polls voted for Trump.

I'm also fairly confident that the number of misogynists who went to the polls wasn't enough to sway the election either way, so wasting time belaboring this point only inhibits productive discourse about the real reasons Trump won.
Sadly the number of voters that went to the pools period was miserably low. About 43% of eligible voters didn't even turn out.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:24 AM

10,093 posts, read 5,814,382 times
Quote:

We'll finally be able to move forward when the voters are contrite enough to realize it's their fault and not Hillary's fault that she lost and repent accordingly. If only they could be made to see and acknowledge her magnificence as a candidate, politician, and a human being...

Old 11-16-2016, 08:31 AM

9,483 posts, read 14,447,108 times
Quote:
... the real reasons Trump won ...
As Bitey and that so-called liberal from UK are trying to tell you, Bill Clinton's wife lost the election (and so did the Bushes).

You want to be productive, and not just in mere discourse? We live on US soil.

Work out the implications of that.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:31 AM

18,566 posts, read 9,258,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Sadly the number of voters that went to the pools period was miserably low. About 43% of eligible voters didn't even turn out.
I can empathize.

I didn't like either candidate. Both seemed ruthless, power-hungry, and totally out of touch with ordinary Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections