Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 12:43 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,165,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Repeat it till your head pops.

Yes, Trump was awarded the presidency by the system-congrats.

But it's still intellectually dishonest to say that his selection by the electoral college is representative of any of this:

"the voters have spoken"

"the silent majority"

"the will of the people"

"the people have spoken"

"mandate"

None of the above apply to Donald Trump's electoral vote victory.

Poor OP. Still can't stop embarrassing yourself. This song is for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iep50VXLVE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 01:03 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,359,263 times
Quote:

Majority doesn't always rules always when your opponent had help from the enemy's intelligence that is superior to the USA's!

Old 11-20-2016, 01:05 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,841,980 times
Quote:

Over 3 million illegal aliens voted in this election.
5 states had more votes counted by 10's of thousands, than voters registered to vote....

They tried and Trump still won.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:37 PM

9,171 posts, read 5,849,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote Lead Over Donald Trump Now Exceeds 1.5 Million Votes

Clinton 48%
Trump 47%

Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote Lead Over Donald Trump Now Exceeds 1.5 Million Votes - ABC News

Keep us updated on that...and let us know when she wins.

Old 11-20-2016, 02:27 PM

1,553 posts, read 931,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Well thank God NY + CA doesn't represent America!!! That's all I have to say.

First of all, [MOD CUT/trolling]

Second, given the fact that NY is basically the financial capitol of the world ... and the fact that CA has the sixth largest economy in the world ... I'd have to say that they're pretty damn important states not only for this country but for the entire WORLD!!!

And your hero Donnie Con got smashed in the popular vote.

That's all I have to say...

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-20-2016 at 05:24 PM..

Old 11-20-2016, 02:28 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,025,900 times
Quote:
I appreciate your post, but it's still untrue for anyone to claim that Donald Trump winning the electoral vote reflects any of the following:

"the voters have spoken"

"the silent majority"

"the will of the people"

"the people have spoken"

"mandate"
I'll try and explain this to you.

The POTUS and VP are elected via the Electoral vote, the Electoral vote reflects the desire of the Union, not the people. Seeing how the Constitution is a contract between the Union and the Federal government, the POTUS then reflects the will of the Union. The POTUS represents the Federal government, not the people. The Senate is the interface that the Union has with the Federal government and the House of Representatives is the interface that the People have with the federal government. The People only indirectly vote for the POTUS, because it is the WILL of the UNION (States) who becomes POTUS, because the POTUS is suppose to represent the Federal Governments relationship with the Union. When you understand why the Constitution was constructed this way, you'll understand the relationship between the Federal Government, the Union and the People.

Trump wouldn't have been elected POTUS if he hadn't garnered the majority of States, this is why Hillary lost but got the most of the popular vote. The people only indirectly vote for the President and Vice-President. This is why we are a Representative Republic with limited democracy.

Old 11-20-2016, 02:32 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,165,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
First of all, Sandy, there probably is no god. So you sound a lil foolish thanking something that likely doesn't even exist.

Second, given the fact that NY is basically the financial capitol of the world ... and the fact that CA has the sixth largest economy in the world ... I'd have to say that they're pretty damn important states not only for this country but for the entire WORLD!!!

However, Trump won the election. Get over it. Suck it up and deal with it, like those of us who didn't vote for Obama had to do. If you don't suck it up and deal with it, you are going to have a very rough 4 years ahead---possibly even 8 years.

Old 11-20-2016, 02:38 PM

5,105 posts, read 2,338,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
First of all, Sandy, there probably is no god. So you sound a lil foolish thanking something that likely doesn't even exist.

Yes, Hillary Clinton did very well in California, no doubt about that. That and a couple hundred bucks will get her a new pantsuit. It wasn't the California election, it was the U.S. Presidential election.
But maybe now she should run for senator from California. She was already the senator from one state that she had nothing to do with, why not another?

Old 11-20-2016, 03:32 PM

6,804 posts, read 4,526,437 times
If New York State had it's own electoral college we'd have a chance of not being overrun by the large city liberals at every election. Many in New York are rural and republican. Our voices are never heard. Western NY needs to separate from eastern NY. We don't have a chance unless we do. We also need term limits for every representative. We've had democrat Louise Slaughter for as long as I can remember. We can't get rid of her.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:55 PM

37,833 posts, read 46,412,014 times
Quote:
Do you not understand that we did not have a direct popular election? We had 51 elections - 50 states plus D.C., and each state provided electoral votes.

Why National Popular Vote Is a Bad Idea | The Huffington Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections