Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 02:16 PM

15,176 posts, read 12,347,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
The people's president. Lol.

She's a two-time loser, not the people's president. But I guess we could all chip in and buy her one of those fake title belts from the WWE website and spell out "The People's President" in Swarovski crystals if it makes her feel better.
How about a little lapel pin with a pouty face on it. It can be passed out to her supporters and they can put it right next to their diaper baby pins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 02:17 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,388,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Not only that, but they both knew the system and campaigned based on the system. Trump would have campaigned for the Popular Vote and not cherry picked states if the popular vote was the system -- so the popular vote argument loses a lot of meaning in that context.

The sour grapes is hypocritical.
Which, of course, is exactly why the Framers, in their wisdom, created the electoral system that we have.

These people don't seem to care (or understand) that we are a nation of 50 sovereign states. We don't vote as a block. Each state votes, and the winner in the state election (the one receiving the most votes) wins the votes of the electors in that state.

Trump won fair and square. These dumbasses need to shut their pie holes!

Old 11-19-2016, 02:18 PM

9,346 posts, read 16,738,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Good Lord...America devised this system of election - have excepted the results of such elections for over a couple of hundred years ....and now suddenly THIS new generation which was raised with endless freedoms and lots of causes to fight that were relevant - now want a cause to fight for that is NOT relevant? I know old activist feminists who want to march on Washington...they want return to their youth and have a cause again.

Like Hilary...you had your day in the sun. You are old and it is not hippy time anymore....give it up.
She lost to Obama and now to Trump. Hang up your panties lady!

Old 11-19-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
And it's disgraceful and should not be allowed when people like Barbara Boxer go on the Chelsea Handler show and advocate for not only overturning the Electoral College but actually for overturning this election.

That's treason.
Barbie "don't-call-me-mam" Boxer is one of the stupidest people in the world! On that same show you mentioned, she also talked about Anita Hill, the liar that the Democrats paid (most likely) to try to derail Clarence Thomas' appointment and confirmation to the Supreme Court, as if she was some kind of heroine!

Old 11-19-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If I'm going to be honest, I expected the outrage if Trump had lost but I sure didn't expect it with a Hillary loss....totally shocks and worries me. I wish the protesters would cool down and put their energy in activism where it might make a difference. Our peaceful transfer of power is more important than who own or lost and must be preserved.
Part of the reason they feel so much anger and outrage is that they believed the media that lied to them for the last year, telling them not to worry, that Hillary was going to win in a landslide. Then she didn't, and Trump got the landslide (in terms of winning the most states, and it wasn't even close).

Old 11-19-2016, 02:35 PM

32,909 posts, read 19,601,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
65 million people said NO to Hillary

the peoples candidate??

you mean Hillary the two aced liar hypocrite

Candidate Hillary..."I'm for women".........................the real hillary........." the rapist was lured by the 15 yr old".... "all these tramps seduced my husband"

candidate Hillary..."I'm for minorities and blacks".......the real Hillary......"he's a n-word"

candidate Hillary...."I'm against the TTP"..........the real Hillary " I helped negotiate TTP, and Nafta was/is great"

candidate Hillary "woman should be paid the same".......the real Hillary 'everyone of my female staff is paid far less than my male staff'

Hillary "what difference does it make" . "lets move on from the past"........ I am sure ambassador Stevens and the others appreciate that hitlery says what difference does it make

Old 11-19-2016, 02:35 PM

41,008 posts, read 49,480,535 times
I hear NYC could use a new Mayor soon.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:36 PM

7,986 posts, read 5,027,575 times
Chosen by the scumbag foreign elite more like. If she was the people's presidents she would have won more than a few states.

Scumbag B****

Old 11-19-2016, 02:52 PM

19,945 posts, read 12,236,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

OP, just a few days ago you were proclaiming "Thank God for the Founding Fathers."

Why the flip flop?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...lls-short.html

Old 11-19-2016, 05:11 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,085,848 times
She's not my President, she's the first loser much like her supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections