Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Democrat Would have Best Chance at Beating Trump in 2020 for President?
Elizabeth Warren 19 17.12%
Jason Kander 6 5.41%
Tim Kaine 5 4.50%
Tim Ryan 5 4.50%
Keith Ellison 6 5.41%
other (explain) 70 63.06%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 11:54 PM

587 posts, read 305,508 times

Advertisements

Zuckerbirg would sell the country out , like he sold facebookers out to cia and all the rest of the state and federal governments.

Yes its true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 12:21 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,110,776 times
Default Should Republicans be worried about Tulsi Gabbard in 2020?

She's young and hot and seems to be at selling liberal BS

Old 01-08-2017, 12:36 PM

30,293 posts, read 23,777,638 times
Is that going to be their new line?

"It's about time we had a 'hot' president! We have to vote for her."

I don't agree with her policies, but she doesn't scare me like Hillary did. Aside from that, the DNC shunned her because she didn't agree with their tactics:

Tulsi Gabbard says she was uninvited to Democratic presidential - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Quote:
For the past several weeks, U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard has been outspoken in her calls for more Democratic Party presidential debates.

But after renewing that point during an interview with MSNBC on Saturday, she said officials with the Democratic National Committee told her not to show up for first presidential debate Tuesday in Las Vegas.

"Basically, they said if you're going to continue to disagree with the chairwoman's decision, it would be best if you not go," said Gabbard, a DNC vice chair.

"It's a petty and very immature way to react."...

...This is not the first time Gabbard has sparred with the Democratic party leaders. Earlier this year, she was critical of President Obama's policies on dealing with terrorists in Syria.

"She has managed to frustrate the president and the party at times. But this stuff plays well with the public," said Colin Moore, a University of Hawaii political science professor.
I like that. She doesn't bow to handlers, she speaks her mind whether they like it or not.

So...she can't be all that bad. Plus, I respect her for her service.

I would not vote for her, but I would not have the same horrifically negative feelings like I did with Hillary.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:47 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,557,978 times
I've been saying either Tulsi Gabbard, or Nina Turner.

Basically, though, if you weren't going to vote for Bernie Sanders, I don't see why you'd vote for either of them.

They're both women, sure, but they have more integrity going for them than identity politics if you ask me.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:03 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
She's young and hot and seems to be at selling liberal BS
Identity politics will continue to destroy the Democrat party.

"Young & Hot" doesn't put food on the table unless you are a prostitute.

If they don't find someone who will address the concerns of the working & middle class in the USA, then they are destined to be nothing more than they are now. i.e. A regional fringe party.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:16 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,987,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Identity politics will continue to destroy the Democrat party.

"Young & Hot" doesn't put food on the table unless you are a prostitute.

If they don't find someone who will address the concerns of the working & middle class in the USA, then they are destined to be nothing more than they are now. i.e. A regional fringe party.
Does being young and "good looking" preclude having SMARTS and being well able to address the working and middle class of the USA? You are going to stick to this false idea perhaps because you buy into the sexist idea that someone described as "hot" cannot possibly be anything else? Very telling.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:44 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,101,729 times
Maybe, but Democrats may want to run Alec Baldwin instead. It would be more entertaining. With Gabbard you run the risk of her quitting the DNC during the race to become a Republican.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:50 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,987,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Maybe, but Democrats may want to run Alec Baldwin instead. It would be more entertaining. With Gabbard you run the risk of her quitting the DNC during the race to become a Republican.
With the current trend, abandoning her party would not be a unique thing.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:24 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,611,536 times
Ehh... When was the last time a Congressman/Congresswoman actually won the nomination? It seems that candidates need a more prestigious title to have a chance in the primaries. She is someone to watch, though.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:25 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,557,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
I'd prefer if she ran on a Progressive Party ticket. Dems need to just need to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections