Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 05:28 PM

979 posts, read 493,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Aren't they stopping traffic and inconveniencing Hillary voters?
Well I imagine you are able to hear about this in your conservative area, protesting isn't about a local effect, it is about trying to get national and international attention for the reason the protests are being conducted in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 05:55 PM

26,737 posts, read 15,295,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No? So how do you explain the fact that CA has the largest economy in the country?
Not who you were talking to, but:

#1 Do you honestly think the typical rioter/protestor blocking traffic is significantly contributing to the GDP in any of these states?

#2 California has the 17th largest state economy when adjusted per capita. 18th is Nebraska.

#3 Do you think deficit spending boosts GDP in the short term until the debt causes an implosion? When you give the obvious answer - look up California's debt and deficit.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:02 PM

53,544 posts, read 35,263,441 times
Quote:
No? So how do you explain the fact that CA has the largest economy in the country?
huh?
you're claiming these froot loops are major contributors to the state economy?

Old 11-18-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
huh?
you're claiming these froot loops are major contributors to the state economy?
I think what is confusing you is that you think he was referring to the protesters being contributors to the state economy, when he was actually talking about States like Oregon, Washington, and especially California being major contributors to the American economy. Also, yes, plenty of well paid people that are major contributors to the state and federal economy are protesters.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:21 PM

11,403 posts, read 16,831,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Debatable. And right wingers protested Obama. Did you criticize them?
Would love to see links 10 days after the election of right wingers protesting Obama.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:27 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,762,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
What? Nobody is allowed to protest a national issue? duhhhhh
What IS the national "issue"? That some people didn't like not getting their candidate in? That happens all the time. "Deal with it" to use Obama's words when he won.

BTW, we seem to have veered off the subject matter.

The topic is not why are they protesting but "why are there protests IN CHICAGO" since Illinois went to Hillary.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Would love to see links 10 days after the election of right wingers protesting Obama.
I guess you must have forgotten all about this.
Yes, this is the ultimate acceptance of a president-elect. Photo - Here's how America peacefully responded to Obama's 2008 election | Revelist

Then of course after Obama took office, the Tea Party protests began and happened regularly for years afterwards.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_protests

And this would be a good read for you from a more libertarian perspective.
Dear Conservatives: At Least Be Intellectually Honest About Trump Riots

So while you may have forgotten the protests of Obama after he won the election in 2008, there is still plenty of information on the internet for you to seek out to help remind you of what happened in this country during that time.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:43 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,025,091 times
Quote:
California is the 5th largest in the World. Mainly due to agriculture ....

Latino population has helped make California a reliably Democratic state today, this was not always the case. In fact, from 1952 through 1988, Republicans won every presidential election except the landslide loss of Barry Goldwater in 1964.

Democ-RATS purposely import Illegal latinos to hold onto power. Its a no brainer.... Why do you think the support Illegals? DUR

Theres over 2.4 million ILLEGALS in California....

Old 11-18-2016, 06:46 PM

5,105 posts, read 2,338,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Yes, this is the ultimate acceptance of a president-elect. Photo - Here's how America peacefully responded to Obama's 2008 election | Revelist

Then of course after Obama took office, the Tea Party protests began and happened regularly for years afterwards.

So while you may have forgotten the protests of Obama after he won the election in 2008, there is still plenty of information on the internet for you to seek out to help remind you of what happened in this country during that time.
I was thinking to myself that that Libertarian Republic article was the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life. Then I scrolled down and saw that it was written by a guy who I went to law school with! I'm burning my diploma.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:54 PM

459 posts, read 703,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post

Protesting is not the same as rioting and destroying property. Hell if I remember correctly, TEA party people didn't so much as disrupt traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections