Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 03:03 AM

14,160 posts, read 8,277,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
That would be the NY Post owned by Rupert Murdoch, who also owns Fox News, wouldn't it?

How about the Washington Post. Is that lib enough for you?

Trump meets the TV-news crowd in private - and lets them have it - SFGate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 03:07 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,055,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post

That's a good one. Idiotic Charlie Rose of the Fake Accent Fame, asks Pence a question and when Pence attempts to answer, Idiotic Charlie Rose interrupts, saying he wants to "give his colleagues a chance" to respond.

Huh? Respond to what? Pence was asked a question. Why should Idiotic Rose's sidekicks be responding?

Just this morning, 5 minutes ago, I glanced at my email page and there was a new story about how KellyAnne Conway tried to answer a question but CNN's Chris Cuomo shouted her down. I was unable to get the video to load so I didn't view it, but even without seeing it, I'm certain it's true.

Journalism is dead.

Old 11-22-2016, 04:24 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,441,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
A Trump infomercial. Will we be getting them everyday?
I imagine so. Trump infomercials brought to you by the people who thought Hillary was a good idea.

Old 11-22-2016, 04:28 AM

15,188 posts, read 12,362,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Yup, they're out there talking about that meeting and publicly licking their wounds despite the "off the record" agreement about the contents of the meeting. True professionalism from the "you obviously love great journalism" folks.

IMO those main stream news pundits deserved every bit of that.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:02 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,869,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Are Hillbots sad that their corrupt dc lobyist are being put to bed and the corporate media is losing influence?

oh well, another great day for America
#MAGA
Is there a difference when FOX, or CNN televises a speech, and when its done via other means? Do the words change? I saw his comments on ......... the evil media

Old 11-22-2016, 06:03 AM

14,160 posts, read 8,277,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I like where this is going.
Like a breath of fresh air.

I can just imagine if HC won. She's be saying something like "It's historic day for America. I have named the first transgender to a WH cabinet position. Diversity is the foundation of this country and we should celebrate it proudly. I will also sign on my first day in office new environmental regulations to ensure America becomes more energy efficient. I will also be introducing new civil rights legislation."

Last edited by john3232; 11-22-2016 at 06:12 AM..

Old 11-22-2016, 06:51 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,101,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
So this is how Fascism begins.

I am very concerned about the suppression of free speech and Trump's anti-democracy dictatorship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Trump hates a free press that he cannot control.
Put whatever spin on it you like, the MSM proved in the last year they cannot be trusted, and not just in reference to the election. The anti-gun nuts were also modifying "interviews" to suit their agenda. If you think they're still trustworthy, that's your misguided choice, most of us see them for what they are.

Not sure why you would rather listen to the media's interpretation of what Mr. Trump said rather than hearing it directly from his mouth, but I can make a guess...

Last edited by NHDave; 11-22-2016 at 07:07 AM..

Old 11-22-2016, 07:03 AM

20,846 posts, read 17,206,895 times
Charlie rose is the biggest schill for corruption in th media. Been watching his unpatriotic vitriol for years.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:14 AM

8,326 posts, read 3,978,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...50810490023937
Are Hillbots sad that their corrupt dc lobyist are being put to bed and the corporate media is losing influence?

oh well, another great day for America
#MAGA
The advent of the Internet and technologies like Twitter do indeed represent a bold new day for an authoritarian fascist like Donald Trump. He will be able to continuously feed falsehoods into the minds of the general public in a way never before possible. In the past, dictators were limited to grand rallies and radio broadcasts, now it's a lot easier when all you have to do is pick up a smart phone and issue a tweet. From what I've seen so far, Trump will not hesitate to tear apart the country using his bully pulpit, in a way never before seen in history.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:18 AM

8,326 posts, read 3,978,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
So this is how Fascism begins.

I am very concerned about the suppression of free speech and Trump's anti-democracy dictatorship.
You're right Clark. But bear in mind that most of the people left on this forum are unabashed fascists, or fascist sympathizers. In reality, you are either with Trump's ascent to dictatorship or you aren't; by the end of his run no one will be on the fence anymore. I think your worries are going to fall on deaf ears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections