Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 06:54 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,089,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I really have hope for my country now. I really like how Trump is operating.

You might wish to add prayers to your list.

Dont' be so foolish. There is a reason Trump is avoiding the Fourth Estate: No Questions. Do you realize it has been since July that we have spoken to, and asked questions directly, of our incoming President?

As long as he suppresses the media, just like the great dictators from Europe, the peasants (you and I ) will have no idea what he is really up to. And that is exactly what he wants. No accountability to the American people. Not all of us believe his horse manure, you know.

Have you noticed all the 'secret" little meetings that have popped up in the days since Trump excluded the press? The directive for foreign dignitaries to use Trump Hotels. Who ordered that? Three guesses. The meeting with the South Asians? When did that happen? The meeting with the Japanese, where Trump Corporate Interests were present, but only through the Japanese Press did the Americans even know there was a meeting? Or how about the meeting with the folks from Mumbai where Trump is trying to promote his buildings? What did Trump promise them from our Government that we don't know about?

Oh.....you really like it that the President is off on his own little operation with a bunch of right wing generals by his side, and no press present to record his charades?

Trust me, when you discover that it is YOU they are after with their operation because your neighbor ratted you out, you'll be dying for some documentation...and some press people to keep the situation honest.

Just think about the number of police shootings recently which the police swore were appropriate...until the video (much of it from private individuals) was presented. Like it or not, THAT is what the press does for us on the Governmental level. With a tyrant in the White House rewriting the rules, the fourth estate becomes even more important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 06:55 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,688,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
He plays well with people who don't as well, just ask Mitt Romney.
A private meeting is meaningless.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:57 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,441,493 times
people like Martha are finished

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb0Zc6y3FMo

Old 11-21-2016, 07:03 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,762,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...50810490023937
Are Hillbots sad that their corrupt dc lobyist are being put to bed and the corporate media is losing influence?

oh well, another great day for America
#MAGA
omg, I feel as happy as I did the night of the election, hearing this. President TRUMP...yes! #MAGA!! Even for those who wear diaper pins.

The fact that he bypassed the media is like him delivering a giant sundae with all the toppings to every American.

Fantastic, and he's not even in office yet. GOD I can't wait for January 20th!

Old 11-21-2016, 07:04 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,484,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
There's no need to do so.

He can use modern tech to speak directly to the people. That is the whole point of this.

Nobody needs to listen to ANY of the talking biased nitwits on televison any longer. Trump will give it to you direct.

This man is a visionary like no other. The MSM will be shaking in their boots before this is done. Their day to go the way of the buggy whip may have come.

CN
I don't even listen to/watch my local news anymore and it's based out of Colorado Springs Colorado, supposedly the Redest county in the state of Clintonrado and home to the United States Airforce as well as a number of other bases, Shreiver, Fountain Fort Carson, etc.

The local news on CBS kktv, ABC krdo and NBC KOAA are completely worthless from the opening news to the breaking news to the weather to the puff pieces and especially the commercials.

Most of the commercials in Colorado are for the Strong Arm, a law firm who will try to get you a million dollars in a civil lawsuit, and a number of other get rich quick law firms, and a bunch of worthless trade schools, and of course the ever popular Convergys and other Customer service type jobs, what a ghetto.

I watch Fox news and some stuff on Amazon Prime, a little bit of Netflix, and I listen to music.

I understand where the radical progressive-formerly called liberal gets lead astray so easily.

Just a question to you bleeding liberals, which political party do you think is the racist kkk sympathizing party?

Was Lincoln a Democrat or a republican? How about Andrew Jackson? How about Andrew Johnson, Woodrow Wilson, FDR.

Look those guys up and see whom are the racist kkk sympathizing pigs and whom opposed oppression, slavery, and keeping black people and women from voting.

Ida B. Wells was a black lady who was a Republican, one of the founders of the naacp, a sufferagist, an African-American journalist and editor, and worked diligently to uncover the fact that Democrats were using lynchings to keep black people from competing with white folks and wanted every black family to have a Winchester in their home for protection against the kkk aka Democrats.

The Republican party formed to free slaves, let them obtain citizenship, get decent jobs, and thrive.

Democrats tried selling us on this propaganda that the Civil War was a war between the North and the South. That was a lie. It was a war between Democrat slave owners and Republican abolishonists.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-21-2016 at 07:21 PM..

Old 11-21-2016, 07:09 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,735,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post

Dont' be so foolish. There is a reason Trump is avoiding the Fourth Estate: No Questions. Do you realize it has been since July that we have spoken to, and asked questions directly, of our incoming President?

As long as he suppresses the media, just like the great dictators from Europe, the peasants (you and I ) will have no idea what he is really up to. And that is exactly what he wants. No accountability to the American people. Not all of us believe his horse manure, you know.

Have you noticed all the 'secret" little meetings that have popped up in the days since Trump excluded the press? The directive for foreign dignitaries to use Trump Hotels. Who ordered that? Three guesses. The meeting with the South Asians? When did that happen? The meeting with the Japanese, where Trump Corporate Interests were present, but only through the Japanese Press did the Americans even know there was a meeting? Or how about the meeting with the folks from Mumbai where Trump is trying to promote his buildings? What did Trump promise them from our Government that we don't know about?

Oh.....you really like it that the President is off on his own little operation with a bunch of right wing generals by his side, and no press present to record his charades?

Trust me, when you discover that it is YOU they are after with their operation because your neighbor ratted you out, you'll be dying for some documentation...and some press people to keep the situation honest.

Just think about the number of police shootings recently which the police swore were appropriate...until the video (much of it from private individuals) was presented. Like it or not, THAT is what the press does for us on the Governmental level. With a tyrant in the White House rewriting the rules, the fourth estate becomes even more important.
Your post is applicable to a non biased press, that investigates and reports just facts.

Not the biased, bought and paid for leftist shills that have reported all manner of inuendo, falsehood, and outright lies about one candidate, while feeding another candidate questions to debates, and making certain that they get softball questions, when there are any questions at all.

To garner favor for one candidate over another. We no longer have a "fourth estate". They operate more as a "fifth column" against the interests of the American people. They need to have their shyt straitened out.

CN

Old 11-21-2016, 07:11 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,018,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Your post is applicable to a non biased press, that investigates and reports just facts.

Not the biased, bought and paid for leftist shills that have reported all manner of inuendo, falsehood, and outright lies about one candidate, while feeding another candidate questions to debates, and making certain that they get softball questions, when there are any questions at all.

To garner favor for one candidate over another. We no longer have a "fourth estate". They operate more as a "fifth column" against the interests of the American people. They need to have their shyt straitened out.

CN
^^^^Very well put! Thanks

Old 11-21-2016, 07:11 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,762,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I don't even listen to/watch my local news anymore and it's based out of Colorado Springs Colorado, supposedly the Redest county in the state of Clintonrado and home to the United States Airforce as well as a number of other bases, Shreiver, Fountain Fort Carson, etc.

The local news on CBS kktv, ABC krdo and NBC KOAA are completely worthless from the opening news to the breaking news to the weather to the puff pieces and especially the commercials.

Most of the commercials in Colorado are for the Strong Arm, a law firm who will try to get you a million dollars in a civil lawsuit, and a number of other get rich quick law firms, and a bunch of worthless trade schools, and of course the ever popular Convergys and other Customer service type jobs, what a ghetto.

I watch Fox news and some stuff on Amazon Prime, a little bit of Netflix, and I listen to music.

I understand where the radical progressive-formerly called liberal gets lead astray so easily.

Just a question to you bleeding liberals, which political party do you think is the racist kkk sympathizing party?

Was Lincoln a Democrat or a republican? How about Andrew Jackson? How about Andrew Johnson, Woodrow Wilson, FDR.

Look those guys up and see whom are the racist kkk sympathizing pigs and whom opposed oppression, slavery, and keeping black people and women from voting.
They'll just lie and talk about some hallucinatory "switch" that they say happened in the 60s. They'll say to take notice that black people started to vote for Dems back then. They will be wrong, of course. As usual.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:17 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,778,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...50810490023937
Are Hillbots sad that their corrupt dc lobyist are being put to bed and the corporate media is losing influence?

oh well, another great day for America
#MAGA
Very smart as the so called mainstream media liars keep lying and now these hosts are so worried about Trumps business money and affiliations while the same media hosts didn't give a damn about Hillary Clinton Foundation pay for play money!

Old 11-21-2016, 07:18 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,759,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post

Lol, youve got be kidding me with this drivel. The media is at best totally useless. Just look at how they predicted the outcome of the election. And at worst totally lying to us. I'll take my information from the horses mouth from now on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections