Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 08:51 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,427,053 times

Advertisements

Ah yes. The cult of personality on display.

Being able to act presidential is not a 1 hr a day thing, its a 24/7 thing. And he simply put does not have it. If true, his actions towards the media indicates just how out of touch he truly is.

President Trump. Most of us dont work for you. Thats not how a presidency works. The media folks? They're going to make your life hell. And thats if they like you.

As for the content of the video.....so far all I hear is promises....many of which you will not be able to deliver on. Coal jobs arent coming back. The fact that you went on video to promise that again demonstrates to me that you arent doing some long game, you really believe that. Which means to me you are getting some truly truly bad advice.

That video? All presidential and all? Cool, and some of the things I agree on, but coal? Please. It died due to capitalism, not regulation run amuck. Get a grip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 08:55 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,490,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Yes, "free". As in free from government regulation.

Because one professor wrote a book that you happened to like, it does not invalidate the First Amendment.

Anyway, I thought all colleges were hotbeds of liberal hate where professors indoctrinate kids with Communist propaganda, paid for by George Soros.

It's amusing when Trumpists cite a source they usually discount, denigrate and revile.
The book example highlights what is obvious/common sense to many. Especially after the sleaziness within that wikileaks revealed for those who are still living in denial and trust the media, which these days, isn't many.

I'm not a "trumpist". I trust no establishment politician or the media not because someone tells me I should/shouldn't in a book, but because of the many matters wikileaks exposed on them, the slanted media reporting that to me has basically become an op-ed/opinion machine for many years now and getting far worse.

So while you're "amused" at all of this, I'm amused there are people like you still defending the media. I guess you're part of the 6%.

Poll: Just 6 Percent of People Say They Trust the Media

Gallup poll: Public confidence in media falls to all-time low - POLITICO

Enjoy your rose colored glasses world in your trust in the media.

As for colleges, yes, I believe they've always been liberal simply because most people who attend college at a young age are idealistic/naive/lean liberal so that's no surprise really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Being able to act presidential is not a 1 hr a day thing, its a 24/7 thing. And he simply put does not have it. If true, his actions towards the media indicates just how out of touch he truly is.

President Trump. Most of us dont work for you. Thats not how a presidency works. The media folks? They're going to make your life hell. And thats if they like you.

As for the content of the video.....so far all I hear is promises....many of which you will not be able to deliver on. Coal jobs arent coming back. The fact that you went on video to promise that again demonstrates to me that you arent doing some long game, you really believe that. Which means to me you are getting some truly truly bad advice.

That video? All presidential and all? Cool, and some of the things I agree on, but coal? Please. It died due to capitalism, not regulation run amuck. Get a grip.
Given trump used/owned the media during his campaign and won the presidency despite the scorn he received from much of the media, your entire point is non-sequitur.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:55 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,727,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Not all promises will be kept, hopefully some of them are kept, if he only keeps one and renigs all the rest of them, that is still one more than Hillary would have kept or gotten done.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:41 PM

22,525 posts, read 12,075,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Perhaps you can tell me "what isn't so" in this thread with convincing proofs...or perhaps you cannot.

I trust, but verify, you see.
Do your own research. Don't be so lazy.

Not only that, we all know that whatever links we post for you, you're going to hate them all. You're not fooling anyone.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:46 PM

22,525 posts, read 12,075,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Kinda like a Nazi version of a Fireside Chat.
You just invoked Godwin's Law. You lose---big time

Old 11-21-2016, 10:15 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,802,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
You might wish to add prayers to your list.

Dont' be so foolish. There is a reason Trump is avoiding the Fourth Estate: No Questions. Do you realize it has been since July that we have spoken to, and asked questions directly, of our incoming President?

As long as he suppresses the media, just like the great dictators from Europe, the peasants (you and I ) will have no idea what he is really up to. And that is exactly what he wants. No accountability to the American people. Not all of us believe his horse manure, you know.

Have you noticed all the 'secret" little meetings that have popped up in the days since Trump excluded the press? The directive for foreign dignitaries to use Trump Hotels. Who ordered that? Three guesses. The meeting with the South Asians? When did that happen? The meeting with the Japanese, where Trump Corporate Interests were present, but only through the Japanese Press did the Americans even know there was a meeting? Or how about the meeting with the folks from Mumbai where Trump is trying to promote his buildings? What did Trump promise them from our Government that we don't know about?

Oh.....you really like it that the President is off on his own little operation with a bunch of right wing generals by his side, and no press present to record his charades?

Trust me, when you discover that it is YOU they are after with their operation because your neighbor ratted you out, you'll be dying for some documentation...and some press people to keep the situation honest.

Just think about the number of police shootings recently which the police swore were appropriate...until the video (much of it from private individuals) was presented. Like it or not, THAT is what the press does for us on the Governmental level. With a tyrant in the White House rewriting the rules, the fourth estate becomes even more important.
He's bypassing the 4th estate because they lie and spin the truth. No one believes them anymore anyway.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:20 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,451,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Incredible moment in American history. He's certainly the biggest hero i've seen in my lifetime.
"Incredible" is exactly what I thought when I read your post. Incredible, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Superman's got nothin on him.
You do know that there is no Superman in real life, don't you?

Old 11-21-2016, 10:20 PM

18,091 posts, read 27,540,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
They'll just lie and talk about some hallucinatory "switch" that they say happened in the 60s. They'll say to take notice that black people started to vote for Dems back then. They will be wrong, of course. As usual.
Well Andrew Jackson was instrumental in America gaining its independence from the bloody British, but he was also instrumental in perpetuating the massacre and ousting of Native Americans from their land.

Woodrow Wilson was the first fascist president of the US, he berailed the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, he purposely drew the US into WWI, started the first official Propaganda Department in the US, and he supported Eugenics.

Now, Eugenics is a topic unto itself. For one thing, Nazis loved the concept. Before Jews were exterminated, they exterminated the mentally ill, feeble and the sick.

Margaret Sanger was big into Eugenics and was basically the founder of Planned Parenthood... a seemingly noble cause, but what was her real motive? That stuff is so controversial, I'm not gonna touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-21-2016 at 11:13 PM..

Old 11-21-2016, 10:22 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,451,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
He's bypassing the 4th estate because they lie and spin the truth. No one believes them anymore anyway.
No one?

Old 11-21-2016, 10:26 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,802,524 times
With control over the West's mass media falling into the hands of a small group of multinationals (only 5 control just about all the US media), the potential for information flow to be spun by the interests of big business (and governments, which have a symbiotic relationship with big business) has never been greater. And reporters who do not tow the line with the media owner's opinions are likely to find themselves quickly out of a job!

First of all, we need to fully realize that whenever any group of people has a disproportionate influence over government policy, democracy has suffered a severe blow, period. There are no exceptions. If criticism of government activity is automatically labeled racist as in Obama or automatically labeled sexist as in Hillary, then the America that is being defended is decidedly not a democracy and therefore not worth defending.

Secondly, we need to understand exactly how the people are manipulated into doing the bidding of their leaders and the multinationals, so glaringly against their own interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections