Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 01:47 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,372,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
Sadly, the email hype had a lot to do with her loss. That Comey creature throwing another log on the "fire" just 10 days before the election.
Totally disagree. I live in a county that went for Trump to the tune of 71.6% so I spoke to plenty of Trump supporters, and not one of them mentioned the emails as a reason for their stance. It was pretty much the economy, the ACA, and a general feeling of neglect from the current administration coupled with the perception that a Clinton administration would essentially be an extension of that one.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:05 PM

808 posts, read 752,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Totally disagree. I live in a county that went for Trump to the tune of 71.6% so I spoke to plenty of Trump supporters, and not one of them mentioned the emails as a reason for their stance. It was pretty much the economy, the ACA, and a general feeling of neglect from the current administration coupled with the perception that a Clinton administration would essentially be an extension of that one.
Good luck with that sparky.

Our economy is doing better than other western economies on our planet. The ACA was a great first step in providing civilized healthcare beyond all the rich or slaves to big corporations. Should it have been improved of course, but POTUS was dealing with the "eff you at all costs" GOP, so there could be no fixes.

Neglect, I don't think you've seen neglect yet. Welcome to "trump university".

Old 11-22-2016, 02:07 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,454,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Aside from President Obama, Hillary received more votes than anyone else in the history of presidential elections !!

Although two weeks have lapsed, I am still really disappointed about the election results.
Hang in there....The Dems will run Al Sharpton in 2020 and when he gets elected he will ......eh...ah....err.....well he will get more votes than trump also.......

Old 11-22-2016, 02:09 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,962,279 times
I picture the OP was listening to Simple Plan's "Untitled" song election night.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:09 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,624,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
Good luck with that sparky.

Our economy is doing better than other western economies on our planet. The ACA was a great first step in providing civilized healthcare beyond all the rich or slaves to big corporations. Should it have been improved of course, but POTUS was dealing with the "eff you at all costs" GOP, so there could be no fixes.

Neglect, I don't think you've seen neglect yet. Welcome to "trump university".
To the OP. First thing a new born does is face a cold world and cry. I relate but its happening. Together we should take up a good hobby and hope for a great canidate in four years.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:27 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,518,173 times
How about keeping this all in perspective and getting "devastated" for things that are worth getting devastated over in life like loved one's you know who got a terminal illness, people impacted by life changing accidents, abuse of all stripes, kids who get cancer, military people who have lost limbs and all the other issues many face after seeing war, etc.

Seriously, I think some people need to grow up and put this all in perspective.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:41 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,156,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There is some truth to that statement. I felt there were better candidates the Democrats could have hoisted up, but she was the horse they decided to ride. In the end, her baggage and the fact that a lot of people simply do not like her overshadowed her skills and experience.

What really killed her chances is that a lot of her supporters simply did not vote ! Not sure if they felt they had no reason to as it was in the bag, or what, but many people stayed home this year.
What really killed her chances is that she is a liar and a criminal. Your denial is unbecoming.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:42 PM

808 posts, read 752,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
How about keeping this all in perspective and getting "devastated" for things that are worth getting devastated over in life like loved one's you know who got a terminal illness, people impacted by life changing accidents, abuse of all stripes, kids who get cancer, military people who have lost limbs and all the other issues many face after seeing war, etc.

Seriously, I think some people need to grow up and put this all in perspective.
Ya know, I don't have children, or grandchildren, but I was raised to have empathy. The world has evolved, and in my opinion, this trump thing might seriously damage our world.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:42 PM

7,729 posts, read 8,827,175 times
OP, don't ya regret posting hundreds of negative comments about Bernie Sanders in hope that he would not be nominated by DNC?
Always ending with "!", even in tears.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:56 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,168,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I've been very sad as well. My urge to those like me is just live your life quietly for the next 4 years. Don't do anything stupid. We lost. Just go on with dignity.
If your idol, Hillary, had won, she would have increased the number of H1-Bs. Your bridge and engineering job would have been more at risk. Trump is already setting up plans to work on visa abuse. Think of it this way with a Trump win, you, no doubt, dodged a bullet where your job is concerned. Ponder that for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections