Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 07:17 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,764,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Aside from President Obama, Hillary received more votes than anyone else in the history of presidential elections !!

Although two weeks have lapsed, I am still really disappointed about the election results.
How did you not know. Trump had thousands of people showing up each and every rally. The same thing happened with Obama in 2008. Did you actually believe the polls everyday from ABC, NBC, MSNBC and all the others?

Old 11-22-2016, 07:28 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,764,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Nonsense, unless you're young enough that Bush 41's presidency ended before you were able to talk, listen, and read. Bush 41 was more qualified.
WOW that was the worst SNL show ever. So many people already had depression and the cast decided to make it worse for all the people who thought Hillary was gonna win.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:28 PM

3,541 posts, read 2,884,846 times
Quote:
The immediate aftermath of this election really demonstrated how messed up America is. Dow Jones is now at all time high because investors and fund managers are relieved trump won. He will reduce regulation on the banking sector and reduce tax to wealthy people and corporations.

On the other hand, millions of struggling Americans are mourning in fear and anxiety on social media. Some rave ones even brought their voice to the streets

The riches and the elites have now removed their mask after supporting trump all along but pretended to be against him in disguise so he can be casted as an outsider
Yes they hid there support for Trump very well, by donating 10's of millions to Hilliarys campaign.

Time to put on your big girl panties and get over it, Trump is your President!

bill

Old 11-22-2016, 07:33 PM

41,010 posts, read 49,486,214 times
The World balances itself out.

After 2 weeks you're devastated. After 2 weeks I'm ecstatic.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:35 PM

33,555 posts, read 12,786,051 times
Quote:
I am a minority male in the mid 20's, ok?
So your comment about disappointing/denying old ladies being able to experiencing a female POTUS before they die was just a reach then....nothing to do with actual personal experience. Got it.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:38 PM

14,138 posts, read 8,257,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The World balances itself out.

After 2 weeks you're devastated. After 2 weeks I'm ecstatic.

There it is.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:09 PM

13 posts, read 6,397 times
Quote:
I don't know man... I always try to convince myself it's ok, it's not the end of the world and simply pretend that everything is fine, but deep inside my heart I know i feel extremely traumatic that she didn't win... you have no idea how that feels when you woke up every day for the past 1.5 years cheering for Hillary to win...
I have the feeling youre putting us all on.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:10 PM

33,555 posts, read 12,786,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Thank you RMESMH. You've led an interesting, what seems to be a chaotic life. Add what you've had to deal with especially your teen years, I'll bet that was fun trying to figure life out. Your experience goes to show you that no matter what your financial status you can have good or bad or clueless parents. Everyone's experience is different. Thankfully you had grandparents who kept you grounded.

I grew up working class, we didn't have the money like you but was happy. Raised to be respectful with good manners but never fake. I used to be a model photographer and take pics for charities for a local paper and watching the who's who, lets just say, it was entertaining. Hillary would have been right at home in the who's who crowd. We were a dinner and were seated with a group of liberals who seemed to be trying to prove to the other who was more helpful to the poor. Of course my husband and I never let on that we were conservative and didn't join the prove game. Although our financial situation is good I didn't feel the need to prove myself and I didn't like how they talked down on people as if it were not for them the poor wouldn't survive. We were able to excuse ourselves early on and mix with others that we enjoyed more.

As for Trumps remarks, yes, really ugly, but Hollywood has a history of treating women badly. And look at Jay Z, did you ever hear the lyrics in his music? Yet he campaigned with Hillary. And then there is DC (also known as ugly Hollywood). High class call girls has always been a booming business in DC. My point is, all of a sudden we expect everyone to be choir boys and girls? The whole thing was hypocritical. At least being brought out into the open anyone who was disgusted, men see how ugly it is when men treat women this way.

As for Obama, his thinking was very different. I do not believe he loves this country like Trump and the others you mentioned. I understand why blacks had great hope but sadly it didn't turn out that way. Hillary is of the world, not the country, more interested in personal wealth, power and stance among her peers, it's what I call fake.
I heard someone say today that one of the best things in life is gratitude. I have to agree. I've had good fortune, but enough negatives to really be able to appreciate the good. My father's family loved my mother dearly, and my mother loved spending time with his family long after my parents split. I feel fortunate to have had so many interesting people as family members on both sides of my family...and interesting in so many different ways. Other than my interacting (often with my mother, but not always) with my father's family, there wasn't much interaction between the two families. They had different ways of expressing it, but both families were and are loving (except for a few people ). One of my father's uncles (so my great uncle) was a floor supervisor in a brewery. After he retired, he took up photography and traveled all over the world doing it. He ended up having gallery showings in different parts of the world. My great aunt didn't want to go with him, so she stayed home. They had one grandchild who lived over 100 miles away, so she loved doting on those of us who were her sibling's grandkids. My great uncle (and others on that side of the family) were enlisted Marines (active when younger), so she loved to take us to the Marines Memorial Club in San Francisco.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:15 PM

15,695 posts, read 15,850,208 times
Quote:
Aside from President Obama, Hillary received more votes than anyone else in the history of presidential elections !!

Although two weeks have lapsed, I am still really disappointed about the election results.

"Disappointed" is putting it mildly.

The "devastated" is more accurate.

However, let's not get all excited about "more votes than anyone else" - the turn-out was dismal, an indicator of dumb, lazy, unengaged so-called citizens who should be ashamed of themselves. People elsewhere in the world are dying, sometimes literally, for a chance to vote in an election that's at least semi-fair. But Americans are too busy frittering away their time.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:23 PM

16,827 posts, read 8,807,628 times
Quote:

What an absurd notion, as if the most votes by less than half the registered voters is some accomplishment.

Obviously as the population increases, more and more people will vote for president, yet that hardly means the presidents or nominees are better than previous presidents/nominees. Obviously Abe Lincoln was better than Obama & Hilary combined (just on the honesty factor alone), yet his vote total paled in comparison to what the two most dishonest politicians in history received.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections