Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2016, 06:03 AM

20,143 posts, read 16,284,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
You trump supporters don't have any idea how we Clinton supporters feel >.<
I waited for 8 years since her loss in the primaries in 2008.

McCain and Romney lost twice too but they never won the popular vote when they lost. Hillary was tied with Obama in popular vote in 2008 and won by more than 2.5 million votes against trump
They spent 8 years knowing exactly how you feel but every time they tried to explain it people like you just dismissed their concerns.

Quote:
Why did Hillary receive this horrible treatment? Only because she is a woman?
She lost because she was an extremely unlikeable, much like Ted Cruz.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:06 AM

41,011 posts, read 49,508,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
They spent 8 years knowing exactly how you feel but every time they tried to explain it people like you just dismissed their concerns.
Not only dismissed but 8 years of being called names like Racist if you didn't support Obama.

Dem's still are using name calling. Hillary did it throughout her campaign and offered nothing except personal attacks.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:08 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,712,471 times
I am about as far from a Trump supporter as you can get, but I have thought a lot about why Hillary did not win, since the election.

1) A lot of people simply did not connect with her. She does not have the warmth and charm that Obama had on the campaign trail. She comes off as dry.

2) Many people felt let down by the Democrats. While some areas of the country are doing great, some are still rusting away and need revitalization.

3) Obamacare. While it benefited some, it hurt a lot of others. People want it changed to be fair to everyone.

4) The woman thing. Yes, I think a lot of people do not want a woman President.

5) Trump himself. He was a powerful candidate, promising very loudly and often that he would change their lives. He was up there, screaming his message, and Hillary was very reserved and joyless.....not inspirational in any way.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:10 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,286,970 times
Quote:
I have a pretty good idea, while I thought it was going to be very close I had resigned myself that Trump was probably going to lose. Didn't watch anything all day and turned the TV on about 1 AM. they just happened to be panning out on the crowd at the Javit's center and their faces said it all, it looked like someone died.

Quote:
Only because she is a woman?
The claims of sexism causing her loss are delusional at best. You should be glad she wasn't elected as the first woman, she may still be indicted over the Clinton Foundation and it would be a travesty if our first female President went to prison. If Trump and the Republicans have success over the next 8 years the first female President will likely be Republican.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:17 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,992,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I have a pretty good idea, while I thought it was going to be very close I had resigned myself that Trump was probably going to lose. Didn't watch anything all day and turned the TV on about 1 AM. they just happened to be panning out on the crowd at the Javit's center and their faces said it all, it looked like someone died.

The claims of sexism causing her loss are delusional at best. You should be glad she wasn't elected as the first woman, she may still be indicted over the Clinton Foundation and it would be a travesty if our first female President went to prison. If Trump and the Republicans have success over the next 8 years the first female President will likely be Republican.
It was not sexism.... the RBRW (rust belt rural whites) have unproportionally HUGE voter power and trolled the rest of the country.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:22 AM

18,545 posts, read 15,381,184 times
Quote:
It was not sexism.... the RBRW (rust belt rural whites) have unproportionally HUGE voter power and trolled the rest of the country.
If they have such "unproportionally HUGE" voting power, how come they turned into the rust belt?

They finally had enough. They finally stood up for themselves. And THAT is why the electoral college is so important. Otherwise, we could just keep neglecting them, indefinitely.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:32 AM

Hillary should run again in 2020 although I think she won't!Trump will be the establishment and Hillary will be the outsider challenger bringing new hope to Americans disaffected by trump's horribly policies!

Old 12-06-2016, 06:33 AM

14,165 posts, read 8,284,613 times
Quote:

McCain and Romney lost twice too but they never won the popular vote when they lost. Hillary was tied with Obama in popular vote in 2008 and won by more than 2.5 million votes against trump

Why did Hillary receive this horrible treatment? Only because she is a woman?
Can`t you accept the fact she was a very poor candidate?

She had an endless supply of money and the MSM in her pocket yet she still got clobbered.

As far as winning 2.5 million more votes? Well, if that helps you sleep better than go with that.

But Trump will be sworn in next month.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:38 AM

16,952 posts, read 16,836,358 times
I think Daywalk is pulling strings here....Nobody could possibly be upset that Hillary LOST!

Old 12-06-2016, 06:38 AM

Hillary and Obama 2012 both have 65.x million votes, truly proud of them!

No one in history of presidential elections got more votes than Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections