Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 09:46 AM

7,978 posts, read 7,392,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Rust belt whites let down a lot of old women who wanted to see a female president before their last breath ��
Not this "old" woman. I'm glad I'll die knowing the first woman President wasn't Hillary.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:51 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,992,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Not this "old" woman. I'm glad I'll die knowing the first woman President wasn't Hillary.
No woman will ever be president especially in light of the results this month, Mark my words!

Old 11-22-2016, 09:53 AM

10,081 posts, read 15,822,469 times
Quote:
Rust belt whites let down a lot of old women who wanted to see a female president before their last breath ��
Wrong reason to vote for a candidate.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:01 AM

33,629 posts, read 12,825,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The liberal compares America to utopia and finds it terribly wanting. Conservatives and others compare America to every other civilization that has ever existed and walks around wondering how he got so lucky as to be born or naturalized an American.
Hits the nail on the head. Fantastic post. +1. (and by liberals I assume you mean progressives, not people who are classically liberal)

The 'finding terribly wanting' also sometimes bleeds into other parts of the person's life as well, not just mindset or ideology. I think it is important that you included 'and others' because it is not just Conservatives who feel every fiber of your second sentence. I didn't support Trump or vote for him, but for some reason that result and other races make me feel your second sentence even more vehemently.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:04 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,857,572 times
I knew eventually liberals will blame Ronald Reagan.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:04 AM

33,629 posts, read 12,825,828 times
Quote:
So rust belt whites OWED a gesture of pure symbolism to old women?

Old 11-22-2016, 10:09 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,981,243 times
Quote:
No woman will ever be president especially in light of the results this month, Mark my words!
That's just ridiculous. It'll probably happen in the next couple decades. Clinton didn't lose because she's a woman. She lost because she was a bad candidate.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:14 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,269,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The liberal compares America to utopia and finds it terribly wanting. Conservatives and others compare America to every other civilization that has ever existed and walks around wondering how he got so lucky as to be born or naturalized an American.
I invested way to much time on this election year (more so probably combined from other elections) and especially on these CD boards. I just want to move on myself. I came from a country were I had to walk on dirt roads and when it rained on dirt muddy roads where you would sink in, so yeah being here is a lot better then being there, even with Trump as president. (ironically that country helped Trump win the presidency by giving Asange asylum)

Old 11-22-2016, 10:32 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,983,764 times
OP

I also supported Hillary. I'd suggest you look at what attracted you to her and her proposals. If there are one or two things which particularly appealed to you, look for work, either volunteer or paid, with organizations which work for similar goals.

If it's environmental concerns, join the Sierra Club - it's just $15 a year and you'll have access to hikes, programs, and other bonuses. If it's education, see if your local schools could use a volunteer. Call your local Democratic Party office or the state office and ask for suggestions. The next four years will be a time seek common ground, to protect what we can when common ground is nowhere to be found, and rebuild to return those who represent us to office. Do not waste time by engaging in fruitless online arguments with others who will never see or understand your concerns or point of view. Use that time and energy more productively.

Be the change you wish for, or at least, do what you can to help counter the forces which would stop that change or introduce damaging changes.

Also, make small changes in your own life to make yourself healthier, more comfortable and content. Eat well. Get enough exercise. Take good care of yourself. Seek more of whatever brings joy into your life, and make friends with congenial others who have a broad range of interests. Take a class. Join special interest clubs. Read. Travel. Keep strong, make yourself the best you can be.

Time will pass...make the most of it.

Best wishes to you.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-22-2016 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: getting too personal

Old 11-22-2016, 10:37 AM

1,180 posts, read 786,465 times
Pick yourself up by your bootstraps and quit your ok that word slipped through the censor so I will correct it voluntarily. Starts with B and is a verb.

Here. I'll hit you with the song, for some motivation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUgq43T2RRo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections