Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 06:56 AM

11,968 posts, read 25,588,970 times

Advertisements

Most of the anti Trump protestors arrested didn't vote either. How stupid can you be to not wait 10 minutes to vote but then you'll spend an entire day protesting? This is why GOP dominates every level of govt, they protest by voting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 07:40 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,207,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
While not fake news it was nothing more than a hit piece doing what so many others do and I despise. When I first saw this I was upset that they wouldn't have voted. If you read it you find that the writer of this article might have uncovered that a handful didn't vote but paints the entire cast negatively over the actions of the few.

People who try and paint entire groups negatively over the actions of a few are pieces of ****.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:11 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,441,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
He chose the wrong time and place for delivering his message if he was speaking for himself.
There is NEVER a wrong time to exercise your first amendment rights. You take the opportunity when it presents itself. This is likely the only chance they would get to speak to him directly.

I've had people tell me that they would have invited me to a dinner but they knew that if I had the chance I would speak my mind to the "guest of honor". I told them I understood and no hard feelings.

Quote:
By his action, he took on the role of speaking for the cast, some of whom didn't even bother to vote.
*Some*. Not the cast, a few. They are all not guilty over the few. Also........there are some who will not vote third party. I have no idea whether they didn't vote because they didn't support any of the candidates or not. I may disagree with those who take this position but I respect their beliefs.

Such as the true Anarchist. They may believe that any vote is a vote for someone they can not support but that doesn't mean they can not condemn those who do things they disagree with.

Does any of that apply here? I don't know and neither do you or the author of this article.

Quote:
Yes, he was the spokesperson for all of them. He was either appointed to the position because they all agreed, or he arrogantly assumed the position.

He doesn't get a pass from me, though Pence was very gracious about it all. Sometimes you have to be gracious to those who have no class and don't know better.
Pence was great over all of this. I give him credit for his response. It's too bad more did not follow his lead.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:31 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,018,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is NEVER a wrong time to exercise your first amendment rights. You take the opportunity when it presents itself. This is likely the only chance they would get to speak to him directly.

I've had people tell me that they would have invited me to a dinner but they knew that if I had the chance I would speak my mind to the "guest of honor". I told them I understood and no hard feelings.

*Some*. Not the cast, a few. They are all not guilty over the few. Also........there are some who will not vote third party. I have no idea whether they didn't vote because they didn't support any of the candidates or not. I may disagree with those who take this position but I respect their beliefs.

Such as the true Anarchist. They may believe that any vote is a vote for someone they can not support but that doesn't mean they can not condemn those who do things they disagree with.

Does any of that apply here? I don't know and neither do you or the author of this article.

Pence was great over all of this. I give him credit for his response. It's too bad more did not follow his lead.
I'd be interested in knowing if every actor on stage knew what he was going to say and supported the statement. It was part of their curtain call, I would argue its wrong to exercise those rights if it indirectly implies others agree with you who either didn't know it was planned or just disagreed but were not given the chance to walk off the stage before that happened.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:32 AM

8,761 posts, read 11,173,152 times
my dad always said, if you don't vote, you don't count.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:42 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,694,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I'd be interested in knowing if every actor on stage knew what he was going to say and supported the statement. It was part of their curtain call, I would argue its wrong to exercise those rights if it indirectly implies others agree with you who either didn't know it was planned or just disagreed but were not given the chance to walk off the stage before that happened.
After trump's nasty rhetoric during the campaign, people were concerned. I think it was particularly appropriate to address pence on that issue, since trump mostly lies, but pence has actually done some nasty things in his state as governor.

Basically, all the actor said was that he hopes the new administration will be fair to all groups of people and not just a few.

Who would disagree with that?

Old 11-23-2016, 08:47 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,018,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
After trump's nasty rhetoric during the campaign, people were concerned. I think it was particularly appropriate to address pence on that issue, since trump mostly lies, but pence has actually done some nasty things in his state as governor.

Basically, all the actor said was that he hopes the new administration will be fair to all groups of people and not just a few.

Its an implication that the President and VP Elect definitely do not treat people fairly, and regardless of YOUR politics, there are people that disagree with that. And although this is a theater, its still a place of work. I wouldn't be comfortable with my employer making a political statement on my behalf regardless of what it was if I didn't know about it before hand, and didn't have the option of removing myself from the situation.

8,761 posts, read 11,173,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

Pence paid for a ticket to be entertained. Not to be lectured. Imagine you paid a ticket to see a show and see Trump lecture you? Its similar to when Amy Schumer went political during her comedy show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Have someone ask them. I wouldn't demand someone stay that didn't want to be there.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
my dad always said, if you don't vote, you don't count.
I once believed that also but then I realized that there were many things I had not considered.

Why should someone feel forced to vote for someone that they do not agree with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections