Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 08:50 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,018,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Have someone ask them. I wouldn't demand someone stay that didn't want to be there.
Agree, but thats my point, I was asking if any alternative was given and I haven't seen anything to indicate it was/wasnt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 08:56 AM

8,763 posts, read 11,173,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I once believed that also but then I realized that there were many things I had not considered.

Why should someone feel forced to vote for someone that they do not agree with?
You don't have vote for every box. Or write in your own name

Old 11-23-2016, 09:00 AM

451 posts, read 237,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
She said "HALF" the people voting for trump...not ALL.

She even named those groups of people. Will you deny that the KKK and other hate groups were supporting trump?

Why do you feel compelled to lie?

It's not a lie! Hillary said so!
Attached Thumbnails
Cast of Hamilton has terrible record of actually showing up to vote-index.jpg  

Old 11-23-2016, 10:44 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,855,394 times
Find a hungry homeless persons ambling around Times Square and feed them cabbage and baked beans before curtain time send them to the show in your place. They will especially appreciate this as the weather is turning colder. If they haven't had a bath or brushed their teeth for a few weeks or months, so much the better.

This would place the theatre, the cast, the production company and the audience in a very uncomfortable situation. Their hands would be tied by their own standards made clear by the cast's spokesman, Brandon Victor Dixon.... We, sir, we are the diverse America.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:55 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,441,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
You don't have vote for every box. Or write in your own name
You can write in your own name. Where I live all that means is it gets tossed. Write in's are not counted. You can still do it but they are ignored so why waste your time?

Old 11-23-2016, 12:48 PM

1,760 posts, read 1,722,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
She said "HALF" the people voting for trump...not ALL.

She even named those groups of people. Will you deny that the KKK and other hate groups were supporting trump?

Why do you feel compelled to lie?
You beat me to the punch. To be fair and accurate, she said only half of Trumps supporters were included in the basket of deplorables. So basically "only" 25% of American citizens are "deplorables". That's still 30 million people she disenfranchised and/or marginalized.

Pretty dumb statement for a candidate to make if you ask me. Her contempt for these 30 million Americans must have temporarily overridden her political acumen.

There are some unsavory people who support all candidates for their own reasons. Perhaps there is a bond issue for the local school to build a new science lab. Do you really think there won't be a few people in that community, who vote to support the new science lab that benefits all the school kids, who have some views on other matters that you would call disgusting or distasteful ? If so, would you say the bond issue is not a good and worthy project because some unsavory and disgusting people voted for it ?

I seriously doubt the KKK, and other hate groups have 30 million members in the US. I personally know a dozen or so Trump voters, and I'd say none of them are anything but mainstream working people who are just doing the best they can to support their families. Apparently I've misjudged at least half of them who are perhaps secretly members of the deplorables group.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:52 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,694,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
It's not a lie! Hillary said so!
Only in your deranged, lying, deflecting alt-right universe.

I love that you can't rebut my post!

Old 11-23-2016, 08:35 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,207,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
You beat me to the punch. To be fair and accurate, she said only half of Trumps supporters were included in the basket of deplorables. So basically "only" 25% of American citizens are "deplorables". That's still 30 million people she disenfranchised and/or marginalized.

Pretty dumb statement for a candidate to make if you ask me. Her contempt for these 30 million Americans must have temporarily overridden her political acumen.

There are some unsavory people who support all candidates for their own reasons. Perhaps there is a bond issue for the local school to build a new science lab. Do you really think there won't be a few people in that community, who vote to support the new science lab that benefits all the school kids, who have some views on other matters that you would call disgusting or distasteful ? If so, would you say the bond issue is not a good and worthy project because some unsavory and disgusting people voted for it ?

I seriously doubt the KKK, and other hate groups have 30 million members in the US. I personally know a dozen or so Trump voters, and I'd say none of them are anything but mainstream working people who are just doing the best they can to support their families. Apparently I've misjudged at least half of them who are perhaps secretly members of the deplorables group.
How can it be 25% of all Americans when only 55% of all eligible voters bothered to vote?

Old 11-24-2016, 07:40 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,760,861 times
Well, to be fair, I believe Hillary apologized for the "deplorables" comment. She meant it but should not have said it. LOL

Democrats themselves say that they turned their backs on the people and now they're in disarray. Maybe Brandon should have made the speech to Hillary before Nov. 8th.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:16 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,855,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Well, to be fair, I believe Hillary apologized for the "deplorables" comment. She meant it but should not have said it. LOL

Democrats themselves say that they turned their backs on the people and now they're in disarray. Maybe Brandon should have made the speech to Hillary before Nov. 8th.
Well it is ok by the Brandon types to attack "ANYONE" who doesn't align with them and then in their next breath call themselves inclusive. Americans have woken up to their hypocrisy. The liberal media's job is to attempt to keep people in through fear mongering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections