Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 06:12 AM

7,272 posts, read 5,317,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Here's a little piece from my friend, to help the Hillary supporters get over their trauma. Just a few suggestions for dealing with their pain:

CHEER UP, 'SNOWFLAKE': Post-Election Suggestions For DESPONDENT Millennials ⋆ Doug Giles ⋆ #ClashDaily
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Time for the entitled spoiled buttercups to grow up ...
That's fine. I don't necessarily disagree at this moment in time as Trump hasn't even taken the oath of office yet.

But in four years just remember the high horse you were on, and the words you used etc. You might have to look for some crow recipes.

Me? I'll sit back and wait and see, and only start worrying when actual work is getting done by Trump, not just setup and posturing.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:15 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,216,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
That's fine. I don't necessarily disagree at this moment in time as Trump hasn't even taken the oath of office yet.

But in four years just remember the high horse you were on, and the words you used etc. You might have to look for some crow recipes.

Me? I'll sit back and wait and see, and only start worrying when actual work is getting done by Trump, not just setup and posturing
Maybe and I have no issue with that ... my issue is with the libs with the Ouija boards who think they can predict Trump's next 4 years as well as they did the results of the election.

Give the man a chance ...

Old 11-26-2016, 06:31 AM

14,038 posts, read 8,212,621 times
Quote:
Maybe and I have no issue with that ... my issue is with the libs with the Ouija boards who think they can predict Trump's next 4 years as well as they did the results of the election.

More like frustration on their part to recognize their own foolishness.

The libs are up against the wall and the situation isn't getting better anytime soon.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:36 AM

5,737 posts, read 3,271,404 times
Take care of me? They can't even take care of themselves! Not to mention they are so narcistic that they won't give a **** about nobody but themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Don't know how old you are but they are grown up and trying so save medicare for their parents which Ryan wants to dismantle. And these so called buttercups are going to take care of you in your old age. Do you really want to **** them off lol

Old 11-26-2016, 08:49 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,376,577 times
Quote:
Do you not pay attention to the news. If you did then you would know about this. Good grief, it was his own words. I live in the DC area. This is our local news. Get a clue....please and stop being so naive.
So Paul Ryan said he was going to get rid of Medicare?

Old 11-26-2016, 10:58 AM

7,272 posts, read 5,317,778 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
More like frustration on their part to recognize their own foolishness.

The libs are up against the wall and the situation isn't getting better anytime soon.
The way the left is acting right now I'm almost embarrassed to say I lean to the left. Right now I'm an Independent who will sit right in the middle.

I will not complain until he actually is in office and starts passing legislation that I can complain about. I may not be a fan of every one of his appointments into his administration, but even those people's past doesn't necessarily give anyone an idea of what government will do under Trump's leadership.

I have both hope and fear. That's about it right now.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:14 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,832,936 times
Quote:
Don't know how old you are but they are grown up and trying so save medicare for their parents which Ryan wants to dismantle. And these so called buttercups are going to take care of you in your old age. Do you really want to **** them off lol
lol you're kidding right? Buttercups can't even take care of themselves let alone the elderly. I'm dealing with it all now to take care of my elderly parent and it's a disaster. The only way you really get the help you need is if you were a dead beat most of your life. The rest of us, just like Obamacare, have to pay full ticket price. The problem is government is sucking us dry during our accumulation years and we won't have enough.

The only way you think government will help is if you've sucked from other Americans all your life.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:46 PM

11,995 posts, read 5,928,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post

Me? I'll sit back and wait and see, and only start worrying when actual work is getting done by Trump, not just setup and posturing.
No offense - but you all thought that we'd be eating crow the day after the election and look who was actually eating it! If Trump does nothing else - he has brought to the forefront the fact that the American people want to be heard by the people they elected to represent their best interests. If those we elect - don't heed the warning - they'll all be looking for other jobs.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:02 PM

16,955 posts, read 16,817,768 times
I like the one comment where the guy says they are giving Hillary voters Play Dough and Coloring Books!

Old 11-26-2016, 10:38 PM

32,218 posts, read 15,204,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Congrats on your dad being in his 90's but what Medicare doesn't pick up - Medicaid does and I know this from having a mother in law that lived until 95. After the nursing home ate up her $310,000 estate - she went on Medicaid until she passed and no medical treatment was withheld that she needed despite the cost.

The fears of doing away with Medicare have been threats from the left for the last 30 yrs. What will these seniors do? They'll go on Medicaid.

My parents shop around now every enrollment as the plans change every year - this isn't something new since Obamacare came into play.

You have a lot to say on this forum - but have shown very little action to correct what you are whining about. Since you're in the DC area - start talking to lobbyists and your representatives about pharmaceutical costs - I agree that is part of the problems and maybe now with a Republican house and Senate - these things will finally be addressed - unlike the dems who got their money from the insurance and pharmaceutical coffers and didn't want to bite the hand that fed them.

You know nothing about me or what I've done lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections