Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 04:08 PM

26,098 posts, read 22,290,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama urged Clinton to concede on election night

Interesting stuff.

Hillary was going to refuse to concede on election night. Obama called her and pressured her to concede and she now regrets that decision.

Obama also thinks that contesting the election in the rust belt wastes time and resources that could be better used like for the Louisiana Senate run off.
I think despite Obama's many shortcomings, that he is a gentleman and also doesn't want to see the Democratic Party done more harm by the childish antics of Hillary's crew. The Dem Party is becoming a huge embarrassment to our nation, so they need to scale it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 06:03 PM

491 posts, read 321,247 times
It's nice to see the phony Obama/Clinton alliance coming to an end. It was so obvious that Obama and Clinton really don't like each other (given the nastiness of the 2008 race), but that the two of them were pretending to be buddies simply because they had a shared interest in the outcome of the 2016 election. (Clinton hoped that the Obama coalition would win her the election, while Obama thought that being succeeded by a Democrat would boost his legacy.)

Obama also criticized Clinton when he pointed out the fact that she failed to connect with the white working class. "I won Iowa not because the demographics dictated that I would win Iowa," said Obama. "It was won because I spent 87 days going to every small town and fair and fish fry and VFW Hall, and there were some counties where I might have lost, but maybe I lost by 20 points instead of 50 points. There's some counties maybe I won, that people didn't expect, because people had a chance to see you and listen to you and get a chance of who you stood for and who you were fighting for."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tons-campaign/

Old 11-26-2016, 06:21 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,280,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think despite Obama's many shortcomings, that he is a gentleman and also doesn't want to see the Democratic Party done more harm by the childish antics of Hillary's crew. The Dem Party is becoming a huge embarrassment to our nation, so they need to scale it back.
The recount will be final nail in the coffin of the Clinton dynasty. Their last act in the political realm and the enduring reminder of the lengths they will go to turn democracy upside down to serve their selfish interests.

The fallout to the Democrat party from this latest gambit will impact party races coming up. Little concern to the Clintons. As they thought they alone were the party. Nothing else mattered other than putting the Clintons above all else.

A fitting way to go out for the Clinton's. When the honor of conceding the election was too gracious an act by Clinton standards, the most satisfying solution was to pull everyone down with them. This time their own party as it begins it's own rebuilding process. Barack Obama must be ready to throttle Hillary and Bill right now.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:17 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,653,661 times
Lol...some fruitcake repped me and called me a nazi piece of s***. Probably some thirty year old bed wetting loser living in his mother's basement.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:50 PM

14,029 posts, read 8,179,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
My guess is Obama wants to leave the presidency on a positive note because Michelle plans to jump into **politics fairly soon. B. Obama has no intentions of getting into a recall fight.

**I realize Obama said she isn't interested but I don't believe it. Michele is just as ambitious as Hillary.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:12 PM

26,664 posts, read 15,215,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Lol...some fruitcake repped me and called me a nazi piece of s***. Probably some thirty year old bed wetting loser living in his mother's basement.
That is a common Alt-Left tactic: scream Nazi, bigot, racist, or some other defamatory word to silence any discourse that goes against the goals of the Alt-Left.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:32 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,755,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post

Same person repped me too.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:38 AM

6,456 posts, read 7,030,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Secret sources at Infowars said that HilLIARy couldn't give a concession speech the night of the election, because she was busy chasing Podesta and Bill C around a hotel suite with a steak knife, all the while a secret service sniper was trying to shoot her in the rear end with elephant tranquilizers.

True story!

Man this is the best xmas ever!

bill
lol!

Old 11-27-2016, 08:48 AM

25,894 posts, read 16,614,138 times
I just can't believe these lows Hillary is stooping to. I knew she was unbalanced and possibly psycho but this is ridiculous.

She didn't put the work in to win those states, Donald did. She impulsively conceded after being advised not to by the people around her (except for Pres Obama) and now she wants to change her mind.

Is this what you wanted at Pres Dems? You should feel relieved. And you should be focusing on making Trump a one term Pres.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:50 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,214,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
So you don't have any proof, just supposition and innuendo? Thanks for owning up.
So you don't have any common sense ? I'd thank you for owning up, but the forum already suspected as much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections