Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 07:34 PM

1,770 posts, read 719,107 times

Advertisements

Anyone who has followed Trump at all should know this is Hyperbole. You know, something you learned about in elementary school.

Getting further into it he is using the Jill Stein drama to help push for national voter I.D. requirements to prevent future fraud.

If you think Trump is an idiot then most likely you are getting outsmarted, and in all fairness I questioned it myself at first primarily due to his unorthodox public speaking.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:39 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,552,031 times
Dems and (smart) Indies will do well to simply sit back and watch the chit show that is about to happen with Trump. Just sit back, give Trump enough rope and take notes. Trump is going to run afoul with the establishment/Never Trump Repubs within the first 18 months and they will do the heavy lifting to rid us of that vile orangutan Trump.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:49 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,152,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Actually, Barack Obama lies more than almost anyone alive. And the best part is, just like Hillary, he lies a lot but is often caught because he doesn't even care. For example, his favorite go-to line is that he learned about x just like the rest of us, when he read it in the paper. Even liberal defenders groan internally before they then start lying about how that was true. His entire administration is predicated on lies. He actually sold his landmark piece of failure, Obamacare, as a "conservative" bill, which was fascinating. He is constantly proven to contradict his own beliefs that he claimed to hold when Bush was in office, so that he could actually debate himself on major issues.

You seem to think that just because you yourself bald-faced lie and say "all of this isn't true" that anyone is going to care, LOL.
Don't really care what you or others might think but I know that Trump is a liar who just can't help himself and it will eventually prove to be his undoing - sooner rather than later.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:57 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,578,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Except he knows when he's lying, he does it to distract. Yesterday the New York Times came out with an extensive article on all of Trump's conflicts of interest and how he could potentially use the presidency to personally profit. What does he do? Makes a bunch of easily debunked claims to distract. The press needs to stop chasing the shiny ball and focus on the bigger story. It's fine, they have four years to get it right but they need to focus and ignore the distractions.
The New York Times? That's hilarious. You Liberals still believe that garbage and haven't figured out why you lost, You lost because you believed all that Leftist propaganda, and it bit you in the butt. You didn't see how Hillary was actually using her position in the Government for personal profit, with the proof slapping you in the face, yet are all worried about how Trump "MAY" use his position for profit, even though he is a Billionaire and has no need to. That crazy azzed thinking is exactly why you lost and will keep being losers until they bury you.

I suggest some crayons or play dough to help you recover. Maybe a good "cry in" may help. You have 8 years to get over it.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Don't really care what you or others might think but I know that Trump is a liar who just can't help himself and it will eventually prove to be his undoing - sooner rather than later.
Send him an e-mail, telling him how you feel. Maybe he will drop out for you.

If that fails, try this:

AT the end of 8 years.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:01 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,680,461 times
Quote:
I am very concerned about what is now becoming a trend. Namely, that DT can spout untruths and just get away with it. The most recent example is the bogus claim that millions of people voted illegally without any proof or evidence. Which he doesn't have and will never produce.

I fear that if this continues and he is allowed to continue to get away with it, our political system is going to devolve into an even worse mess than we have now.

He needs to stop it, but sure he won't, so the press is going to have to get a lot tougher on this nonsense and start calling him out. He's a President not a King and no doubt if BO had done this Repub and alt right heads would be exploding.
You might be on to something. He should have run as a democrat.

Obama lied about nearly everything. Sold guns to drug cartels, lied about Obama care, Iran deal and ransom too.

Last edited by phma; 11-28-2016 at 08:11 PM..

Old 11-28-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm so confused. Democrats are either rich elitists making fun of poor flyover country, or they are poor welfare recipients taking the rich GOP's money. Which is it? Is the GOP the rich worker being taken advantage of? Or the unemployed Rust Belt coal miner being abused by the overly educated elitist Democrats?
Don't feel bad. Your in the same boat as the other Democrats. Thats why they lost the election. Being confused about the difference between right and wrong, and what Country they actually live in.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:05 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
The New York Times? That's hilarious. You Liberals still believe that garbage and haven't figured out why you lost, You lost because you believed all that Leftist propaganda, and it bit you in the butt. You didn't see how Hillary was actually using her position in the Government for personal profit, with the proof slapping you in the face, yet are all worried about how Trump "MAY" use his position for profit, even though he is a Billionaire and has no need to. That crazy azzed thinking is exactly why you lost and will keep being losers until they bury you.

I suggest some crayons or play dough to help you recover. Maybe a good "cry in" may help. You have 8 years to get over it.
Republicans may not read anything beyond Breitbart but yes, there is valuable information provided by journalists and researchers including the New York Times. They had a fantastic story about over forty perfectly preserved shipwrecks found in the Black Sea going all the way back to the Ottoman Empire. But apparently if Sean Hannity doesn't say it, it didn't happen.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Most of the mainstream news reports on it that I have seen clearly said his claim was false and is sourced from conspiracy theories that have been thoroughly debunked. So I would say they are getting a bit better at calling out his falsehoods.
Most of the Mainstream Media News Reports I have watched, have been wrong from day one of the race for the White House. Which ones are you watching that no one else has watched? They all said we would not be here discussing Trump as President, didn't they? I would say the only thing that has been "Debunked" id what they all reported, day in, and day out. The comedy never stops. Liberals are a gift that keeps on giving everyone a great laugh.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:11 PM

1,850 posts, read 822,105 times
Quote:
I know, that's all you think. Anything beyond that, it's like your mind becomes blissfully blank. That was my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections