Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 06:24 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,779,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The guy is a class A lying jackass. He has always been a jackass. He will always be a jackass. He's a tweeting lying jackass.

His presidency, for however long it lasts (and I'm really not expecting it to due to his own idiocy and narcissism), will be a joke. It is already a joke.

The reason nobody is bothering to call him out is because over half the country knows he is a lying jackass and is just ignoring him or laughing at him. The 25% that voted for him are either in denial or know he is but don't care.

Sad!

Donald Trump is not a jackass. He is just "passionate" about what he believes in.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:39 AM

33,588 posts, read 18,205,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump has profited from foreign labor he says that's killing US jobs.
Untrue. Trump leases out his name to be used.

Trump opens up golf courses that hire foreigners . They don't make a product so they don't take jobs. It was the passing of Nafta by Bill Clinton that killed jobs here.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:26 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,677,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Untrue. Trump leases out his name to be used.

Trump opens up golf courses that hire foreigners . They don't make a product so they don't take jobs. It was the passing of Nafta by Bill Clinton that killed jobs here.
Trump also produces a wide range of manufactured products that are peddled throughout the world, such as luxury home items, men's clothing and ties, Ivana's jewelery line of products.
All could very well be made here in America. To maximize profits and Trump's bottom line, he chooses to have all these products manufactured in Mexico or China to reduce labor costs and increase net profit.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:59 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,447,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Trump also produces a wide range of manufactured products that are peddled throughout the world, such as luxury home items, men's clothing and ties, Ivana's jewelery line of products.
All could very well be made here in America. To maximize profits and Trump's bottom line, he chooses to have all these products manufactured in Mexico or China to reduce labor costs and increase net profit.
He'll make them here when his competitors have to make them here.

He's not stupid.

No intelligent businessman would pay more for labor than his competitors.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:10 AM

14,974 posts, read 12,191,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I read a very good article on Politico about how journalists need to begin covering Trump moving forward. They need to stop taking the bait and go after the story rather than get distracted by his very obvious lies. When he lies so obviously, they can say, yeah, that's a lie, but not waste too much time on it, instead focusing on the larger issues regarding Trump. They need to be relentless on the bigger story and ignore Trump's immature Twittertantrums. He's 70, he's not going to mature so let the world see him as he is and focus on the big issues and leave the world to laugh at the rest.

As for the comparisons to President Obama, we've seen the hypocrisy in full bloom with the costs associated with security around Trump. It is now estimated to be an eye-watering $3 million dollars a day and Trump isn't even in office. Fox News and right wing radio screamed about the $70 million spent on President Obama over seven years. They called Michelle Obama "Mooch". That same $70 million wouldn't cover a single month of Trump. Not one single month. Do you see any outrage? Nope. Republicans are completely silent. And I doubt we will see them calling Trump's wife Mooch either.

The New Rules for Covering Trump - POLITICO Magazine
Well, I must say that article is a good example of the continued liberal hatchet job planned by the left on the man they regard as such a threat to their cozy status-quo that they justify their abandonment of any pretense of neutral reporting or fair play, and attempts at character assassination, plot deliberate stumbling blocks to any and every action or plan he may have as president.

The article drips with downright contempt and condescension towards the president-elect, and his supporters by association, indulging in regurgitated and some new misrepresentations, half-truths, unfounded accusations as they advocate resistance to, and continued negation of
Trump's presidency. No wonder you like it.

I don't know that it's a good article, but it IS typical of what we have come to expect, sadly, of liberal so-called journal sources, especially throughout this election cycle. IMO it's more like the poison pen issuance from petulant, self-centered editors/authors pi $$ed off because things didn't go their way, flinging venom at the object of their hate. I guess that appeals to like-minded souls, but it discredits such sources for the rest of us.

It would be very interesting to see your sources for the costs of Secret Service and other security for the Trump family. Not that I'm skeptical or anything, but that just sounds like more whining on your part to me. If it's true, I don't guess that you would consider that the unbridled hate for all things Trump ( egged on by the leftwing media, including articles such as the one you linked) by the left, and the tendency for some on the left to act out on that hate with acts of violence and death threats, might necessitate increased layers of protection for the Trumps? Just a thought.

As for name calling, I know that it exists on both sides, and yes, MO was referred to as Mooch by some. I've seen more name calling by those on the left, (does the "basket of deplorables"by HRC, cheered on by her supporters, ring a bell? How about the labels "racists, sexists, homophobes, misogynists attached to anyone who expressed political perspectives not in lockstep with the ideology of the left?). I've never been a fan of namecalling no matter where it came from, IMO it makes the one doing the name calling look juvenile and ignorant.

So I never called Michelle such names, but if I disagreed with her school lunch agendas, for instance ( and the adoption of her nutritional recommendations as regulations by the,USDA, I was accused of being "racist" by the left along with others who disagreed with Obama's policies or political agendas.

And while Melania Trump may never be called "Mooch", it seems the NY Post thought that publishing a semi-nude picture of her from 20 years ago ( as an underwear model) in their magazine,recently was ok, and it's obvious this was done as a measure of disrespect to both her and her husband. There have been wannabee celebrities who have made fun of Melania"s eastern European accent, those who ridiculed her as a "trophy wife" and a golddigger, and those who bashed her for her reported decision to remain in NY for the remsinder of the school year to allow her son to finish school at his present location before they move to the WH. All of this to cheers and applsuse by left wing liberals who apparently believe the Trumps deserve any attacks they get. So please, spare me the hypocrisy and ersatz indignation about attacking First Ladies.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:14 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,447,728 times
Trump should just tell the lying lib media that they get one press conference with him a year -- if he feels like it -- and otherwise they get nothing.

Old 12-01-2016, 04:17 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,340,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I am very concerned about what is now becoming a trend. Namely, that DT can spout untruths and just get away with it. The most recent example is the bogus claim that millions of people voted illegally without any proof or evidence. Which he doesn't have and will never produce.

I fear that if this continues and he is allowed to continue to get away with it, our political system is going to devolve into an even worse mess than we have now.

He needs to stop it, but sure he won't, so the press is going to have to get a lot tougher on this nonsense and start calling him out. He's a President not a King and no doubt if BO had done this Repub and alt right heads would be exploding.
This is you're opinion. But Hillary Clinton has lied to the FBI and Congress about her emails (classified info on unsecure private server). She lied about Benghazi. She lied directly to the parents of the dead Americans.

She lied about being under sniper fire.

Those are just recent lies, but Hillary has lied her entire life (named after Sir Edmund Hillary, who didn't climb Mt Everest until after she was born).

Are you as concerned about Hillary's lies as you are about purported lies of DJT?

Old 12-01-2016, 04:19 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,340,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I read a very good article on Politico about how journalists need to begin covering Trump moving forward. They need to stop taking the bait and go after the story rather than get distracted by his very obvious lies. When he lies so obviously, they can say, yeah, that's a lie, but not waste too much time on it, instead focusing on the larger issues regarding Trump. They need to be relentless on the bigger story and ignore Trump's immature Twittertantrums. He's 70, he's not going to mature so let the world see him as he is and focus on the big issues and leave the world to laugh at the rest.

As for the comparisons to President Obama, we've seen the hypocrisy in full bloom with the costs associated with security around Trump. It is now estimated to be an eye-watering $3 million dollars a day and Trump isn't even in office. Fox News and right wing radio screamed about the $70 million spent on President Obama over seven years. They called Michelle Obama "Mooch". That same $70 million wouldn't cover a single month of Trump. Not one single month. Do you see any outrage? Nope. Republicans are completely silent. And I doubt we will see them calling Trump's wife Mooch either.

The New Rules for Covering Trump - POLITICO Magazine
You get your "news" from Politico? LOL!!!!! Left-wing bias much?

Old 12-01-2016, 08:27 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,997,448 times
Quote:
I am very concerned about what is now becoming a trend. Namely, that DT can spout untruths and just get away with it. The most recent example is the bogus claim that millions of people voted illegally without any proof or evidence. Which he doesn't have and will never produce.

I fear that if this continues and he is allowed to continue to get away with it, our political system is going to devolve into an even worse mess than we have now.

He needs to stop it, but sure he won't, so the press is going to have to get a lot tougher on this nonsense and start calling him out. He's a President not a King and no doubt if BO had done this Repub and alt right heads would be exploding.
If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Hmmm, I'm trying to remember who said that - which was a COMPLETE lie.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:31 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,997,448 times
Quote:
Don't really care what you or others might think but I know that Trump is a liar who just can't help himself and it will eventually prove to be his undoing - sooner rather than later.
Of course you don't, darlin'. Disciples rarely are wiling to hear the truth about their gods.

As for Trump, might he lie under oath? Oh wait, the most recent president to do that was a Dem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections