Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 11:05 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Democrats now pretend the massive advantages Hillary had didn't exist and Trump was somehow favored. LOL
I heard some moron on "Democracy Now" yesterday talking to Bernie and they both agreed that Trump had the mainstream media behind him the entire election cycle and they were responsible for his win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 11:09 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Why do so many democrats believe this election was stolen from them?
  • You've lost the presidency
  • The Senate did not flip majority over to the Dem
  • More seats lost in Congress to the GOP
  • There are now even more GOP Governors than before
  • Very soon the Supreme Court vacant seat will be filled by a President Trump nominee
The party has serious identity problems. I recall reading a NY Times article early this year that paints a somber roadmap for the Republicans and how the changing demographics in the country will shift the balance of power in favor of the Democrats. That hasn't happened across America it has happened to parts of the country that are melting pot states.

As a former Democrat supporter and now an independent, the party has leaned too far to the left for me and many of their progressive platforms aren't fully ready for the American audience.

A lot of liberals I talk to believe this election is important for them because Obama took too long to implement his vision. But they failed to realize that Democrat's platform is losing support across the country and Obama's power has diminished with each election.

The democrats have been losing power every year since Obama took office and they've been in denial over that fact because the media keeps believing that as long as the White House remains Democrat they have all the keys to the country.

How can the Democrat supporters not see and realize so much flaws in the party's platform and real signs out there that paints a bleak picture for the Dems. And also the failure to hold the media accountable for their deception and not report on what has been really happening across the country instead of painting everyone who is not with them as deplorable.
the dem elite do not believe anything they try to sell their supporters.

the plan is to delegitimize trump's presidency and impeded his efforts through fear mongering and character assassination. the ore civil unrest they can create will pave the way, they hope, for the next election series.

Come on you can see and hear hillary condeming any attempt to challenge the election outcome. FOX news not needed, just consciousness.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:18 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,968,600 times
Most of us don't. There are some irregularities in Wisconsin, which need to be investigated, but very few people actually believe that it will swing the state. Voter ID laws, especially North Carolina's are transparent attempts at voter suppression, but that's slightly different than believe in Trump stole the election. Most liberals believe that Donald Trump won enough states to carry the electoral college. They aren't happy about it, but they believe it.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:18 AM

14,952 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Most of us don't, we just think these results are odd in comparison to exit polls. Shrug. And Trump does keep saying it's rigged. So let's check.
So I guess that's the official left wing "talking point" fed to the left wing Democrat fan base, for regurgitation when the question comes up. Pull some vague undocumented claim out of the air as a poor excuse, and blame Donald Trump.

Makes about as much sense as most other left wing talking points y'all try to pass off as fact.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:05 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Why do so many democrats believe this election was stolen from them?
  • You've lost the presidency
  • The Senate did not flip majority over to the Dem
  • More seats lost in Congress to the GOP
  • There are now even more GOP Governors than before
  • Very soon the Supreme Court vacant seat will be filled by a President Trump nominee

The party has serious identity problems. I recall reading a NY Times article early this year that paints a somber roadmap for the Republicans and how the changing demographics in the country will shift the balance of power in favor of the Democrats. That hasn't happened across America it has happened to parts of the country that are melting pot states.

As a former Democrat supporter and now an independent, the party has leaned too far to the left for me and many of their progressive platforms aren't fully ready for the American audience.

A lot of liberals I talk to believe this election is important for them because Obama took too long to implement his vision. But they failed to realize that Democrat's platform is losing support across the country and Obama's power has diminished with each election.

The democrats have been losing power every year since Obama took office and they've been in denial over that fact because the media keeps believing that as long as the White House remains Democrat they have all the keys to the country.

How can the Democrat supporters not see and realize so much flaws in the party's platform and real signs out there that paints a bleak picture for the Dems. And also the failure to hold the media accountable for their deception and not report on what has been really happening across the country instead of painting everyone who is not with them as deplorable.
They need to blame someone else instead of thinking about the bad last 8 years. When I refer to bad 8 years I refer to a President who just signed executive orders to avoid talking to the other side and get his own wish to be fulfilled and now has to deal with the outrage of people who were silent for 8 years.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:38 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Russian hacking, FBI illegal meddling, voter suppression, voter ID laws, fake news.

Anyone who thinks this was a fair and legitimate election is an idiot.
OK, let's assume there was FBI meddling, how did that affect local races? I don't see the FBI accusing anyone else of mishandling emails.

As for voter ID & suppression, many minorities own driver's license in NJ, the state that voted HRC. NJ has very tough ID check in order to get a driver's license. It's a lot easier to get into voting than getting a valid driver's license in NJ.

The Russian hacking for wikileaks actually helped Bernie supporters which showed the DNC was intentionally trying to deny Sanders in anyway they can.

None of these attributed to HRC not getting enough votes in battleground states. I just don't believe these claims are substantiated.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:40 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,732,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Most of us don't. There are some irregularities in Wisconsin, which need to be investigated, but very few people actually believe that it will swing the state. Voter ID laws, especially North Carolina's are transparent attempts at voter suppression, but that's slightly different than believe in Trump stole the election. Most liberals believe that Donald Trump won enough states to carry the electoral college. They aren't happy about it, but they believe it.
Please explain, rationally, how producing identification verifying who you are, supresses a legitimate citizen, whom has been legally registered to vote?

I have to show ID when I cash a check, renew my vehicle registration, and a whole host of other things.

Electing your national leaders, is one of the most important things a citizen is entitled to. NON citizens, are excluded from this process. Only treasonous citizens would welcome non citizens to undermine their fellow citizens' right to enjoy a free and fair election.

Any recounts, and "investigations" should include putting a number to how many illegal, or otherwise, disqualified persons, managed to cast ballots that were included in the count. Regardless of your party affiliation, this should be a concern.......unless you are trying to do harm to your nation.......and fellow citizen.

CN

Last edited by Compression; 11-30-2016 at 12:50 PM..

Old 11-30-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I think this is about as level headed reply I've read. Instead of blaming unsubstantiated reports from the media.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I heard some moron on "Democracy Now" yesterday talking to Bernie and they both agreed that Trump had the mainstream media behind him the entire election cycle and they were responsible for his win.
As a conspiracy theorist, that may actually sound really plausible.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:43 PM

6,751 posts, read 3,371,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Russian hacking, FBI illegal meddling, voter suppression, voter ID laws, fake news.

Anyone who thinks this was a fair and legitimate election is an idiot.
You should contact Agent Mulder. I'm sure he has some other theories he'd love to share with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections