Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 07:14 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,797,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
First major speech from Trump after winning the election and he still sounds like a major Buffoon he is not ready to be president

Sounds like he thinks he is in a small dark comedy club doing a set. The first time Trump gives a speech in front of the UN when 20 other countries are watching and he cracks these lame jokes he will offend a lot of people and the result will not be pretty. I hope he really limits his time in front of tv cameras speeches are not Trumps strong suit.

Finally! An unfiltered Leader...

Totally understandable to the common man & woman. Not some intellectual puppet, trying to sell snake oil!
He sounds like me... I can relate. If you are trapped in your box, I could not blame you for being judgemental of those different than you. How shallow can you be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 07:16 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,736,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Trump haters get on board or get the hell out of the way! This nation is moving FORWARD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwDiPrFCM0M
That reminds me, Trump Airlines never quite got off the ground.

45,599 posts, read 61,028,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The job market greatly improved under Clinton. Tonight Trump kept talking about NAFTA and then used figures from 2000. NAFTA was signed into law in 1994.

He knows that his followers don't give a rat's behind about facts, so it doesn't matter what figures he throws at them. Trump and Pence gave a multi-billion $$ corporation even more millions. I don't see how that is helping anyone, since the working class is going to end up paying for it. Again, I am grateful for the jobs that were saved, but he used taxpayer dollars to do it, which is just the opposite of what he promised to dco.
I think you may have dropped something there. He was comparing manufacturing employment in 2000 with 2015.

I don't much like them for a variety of reasons, but incentives for business are pretty standard. Ones that save jobs, or increase employment, are a lot easier to justify than those which just drop business costs with no jobs or tax revenues on the back end.

25,899 posts, read 16,624,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, I heard that. However, that isn't what I was asking.

By the way, not all minorities live in the inner city. Also, many Muslims and other people of Middle Eastern descent have been harassed and they are also American citizens.
I don't care about their feelings. What are they doing there to begin with?

Old 12-01-2016, 07:18 PM

25,899 posts, read 16,624,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
What about the parts (multiple times) where he said he wants to bring people together? Or did you not actually listen?
Yep, their loser's lament is beyond pathetic.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,736,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
What about the parts (multiple times) where he said he wants to bring people together? Or did you not actually listen?
I listened. Trump doesn't want to include the mass media in trying to bring people together.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:21 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Were the deplorables chanting "build the wall" and "lock her up" or have they accepted now that he will do neither?
The followers yelled both before Trump got on stage. so comforting that masses
like that picked a president.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:24 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,997,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I think you may have dropped something there. He was comparing manufacturing employment in 2000 with 2015.

I don't much like them for a variety of reasons, but incentives for business are pretty standard. Ones that save jobs, or increase employment, are a lot easier to justify than those which just drop business costs with no jobs or tax revenues on the back end.
Yes, but that is the what Trump campaigned against, isn't it? Didn't the Republicans block Obama's job initiative bill that offered incentives in 2012? Trump said that he would never do this and impose high taxes and other penalties on these companies, not give them lots of money to keep jobs here. He kept saying Democrats were stupid for giving tax breaks to companies who wanted to send jobs overseas.

No, I didn't drop anything. Significantly more jobs were lost under Bush than Clinton. Also, many of the countries to which American jobs were outsourced were not part of NAFTA. Trump said on the campaign trail that China is responsible for nearly half of our entire trade deficit and China is not in North America.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:36 PM

16,955 posts, read 16,815,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
He gave 50+ speeches while running to be president and they did not improve one bit they seemed to get worse as it got closer to November June to November were worse his worst speeches

Now...now..Let's be more positive.... okay? He has not even been sworn in yet. Give this wonderful, amazing, talented president of ours, a chance to blow your socks off! The most beautiful day of your life will be: At noon on January 20, when Donald Trump will take the Oath of Office and be sworn in as America's 45th president.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:42 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,997,217 times
I found what he said about Carrier in April. Now he's letting them send over 1,300 jobs to Mexico and paying them millions to do it. He said "THERE HAS TO BE CONSEQUENCES" He said he would "TAX THE HELL OUT OF THEM" The plan to keep 850 or so jobs is just artful deception to excite his base.

[youtube]iWSJIqTcwqc[/youtube]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWSJIqTcwqc[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections