Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 03:18 AM

3,871 posts, read 3,188,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
According to the local news there were plenty of
empty seats and about 200 protesters outside.
Trump even blamed the lack of a full house on the fact that
he didn't know that all roads in downtown Cincinnati were closed
down due to a fund raising dinner he attended before hand.
It surely did not look like a full arena , the sides and corners of arena
were kept dark for a reason I bet.
I do not know about the truth whether the stadium was full or not but I kind of suspect that it was not full due to the reasons of transportation, logistics and timing. The rally was held during a workday just right after rush hour. Due to the Cincinnati metro as a whole main dependence on highways and the automobile for getting to point A to Point B folks getting downtown especially when roads and the highways are gridlocked was going to be a problem. Hostility to grade separated mass rapid rail transportation over the preceding decades to the present gives you this present scenario. Any tie up on the highways due to accidents or road closures due to Secret Service security concerns and lot of people will not even bother to deal with the hassle. Most of his supporters live in the outlying suburbs and are dependent on highways and the automobile to get to point A to point B. The people who live in city who can easily get to the rally are most likely not his supporters so you could count them out as potential rally attendees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 05:06 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,914,166 times
He's sure going to have a lot of rallies, huh? Kind of like Great Uncle Adolf...

Old 12-03-2016, 05:09 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
According to the local news there were plenty of
empty seats and about 200 protesters outside.
Trump even blamed the lack of a full house on the fact that
he didn't know that all roads in downtown Cincinnati were closed
down due to a fund raising dinner he attended before hand.
It surely did not look like a full arena , the sides and corners of arena
were kept dark for a reason I bet.
We all know how the "news" likes to tell lies about Trump. CNN is prime example. Well no matter, here is photo that says it all. It speaks for itself on the matter.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...16764562374656

Old 12-03-2016, 05:11 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
He's sure going to have a lot of rallies, huh? Kind of like Great Uncle Adolf...
I would think that after being proven 100% absolutely wrong about Trump during the election, you might have realized that nobody is listening to the comparisons to the Nazi government. It only speaks to lack of real argument that you have for whatever you support.

Oh and BTW, Hillary & Tim Kaine are off on their on set of national "rallies".

Old 12-03-2016, 05:15 AM

41,010 posts, read 49,486,214 times
Quote:
The real rallies start when Obama leaves office. That should become a national holiday.

I didn't realize Adolf was your Uncle.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:19 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,701,958 times
Quote:
He's replaced the traditional press conference, where the media can ask him unscripted questions and he has to give some form of answer, for the tried and true Reichsparteitag, or as his campaign call's it, "The victory tour."
Dictators don't answer the people's questions. They dictate and make pronouncements via huge fan rallies and scripted message videos. The only thing missing for Trump is his own Nuremberg stadium done in gold leaf and draped in scarlet velvet.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:32 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,995,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
He's replaced the traditional press conference, where the media can ask him unscripted questions and he has to give some form of answer, for the tried and true Reichsparteitag, or as his campaign call's it, "The victory tour."
Dictators don't answer the people's questions. They dictate and make pronouncements via huge fan rallies and scripted message videos. The only thing missing for Trump is his own Nuremberg stadium done in gold leaf and draped in scarlet velvet.
You'd better move to Mexico now, before things get really ugly. Take florida_bob with you, too.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:50 PM

25,917 posts, read 16,647,296 times
Quote:
Get some new material. I realize you libs are shellshocked by the landslide Trump victory but try to not stumble around emitting gibberish if you can help it.

Old 12-03-2016, 01:19 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,701,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You'd better move to Mexico now, before things get really ugly. Take florida_bob with you, too.
Nah. I earned the right to be here and speak my piece. I fought in service, long and hard for America in my salad days. My ancestors were here long before your's ever even knew this continent even existed. Only way you'll get rid of me is to try and finish the job of exploitation and extermination you euros started when you came knocking. Mt tribe's motto is "Come and get some" in Akwesasne.

Old 12-03-2016, 01:32 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,012,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Actually what I wrote is true in that it is all MY opinion...
I said my husband was watching MSNBC--I never said I was quoting any of the commentators' reactions to Trump or his speech...

I said his HAIR doesn't look human...I didn't say Trump himself looked inhuman...and I didn't talk about his skin color...
His hair looks like it is a bad weave...and might have some other product woven in...
check the color...it differs from day to day sometimes...
Almost like he has different hairpieces he switches in and out...
Oops! Sorry. I thought you were saying the political commentators were making those comments.

I am not a Trump supporter, although I was hoping that the more subdued, reasonable man we saw on election night would be the person who emerged once the campaign was over. Unfortunately, he's still an arrogant, narcissistic blowhard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections