Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 11:45 AM

29,636 posts, read 16,643,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Thank you. It is heartbreaking. There is one man still searching for his wife and two daughters. I keep checking every few hours hoping they have been found alive. I don't understand how people can have such hate for other people (based solely on living in a state that voted a certain way) that they celebrate in the death and destruction. It blows my mind.
Sounds like multiple forums after Hurricane Sandy.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:55 AM

28,988 posts, read 30,394,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Universities are liberal because they are diverse. That is a good thing, not a bad one.
there is always good and bad in everything....and it isn't 100% good that it is....diverse is ok, however, when diversity uses our own laws to take our freedoms away, then it's not so good...not to mention, laying caution to the wind.

Apparently most college students are not aware of what is currently going on in the world.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:57 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,072,910 times
Quote:
In a world where you can simply copy and paste, and specifically on a forum where you can quote someone directly, the OP decided not to mention the actual name of the poster or website.

That isnt even slightly believable.
Jesus Christ dude, you CANNOT link another forum here or it'll get deleted by a mod.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:06 PM

17,504 posts, read 9,331,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Republicans decided from day one that they would not work with Obama. He has fought an uphill battle ever since. Sounds like you really don't know what's been going on in the world of politics.
That's an Urban (Leftist Kool-Aid) MYTH.

Prove me wrong by finding any article from a MainStream source with a date in 2009 (I won't hold you to day one) with "Republicans decided from Day One they would not work with Obama".

Keep in mind that any article from 2010 (after the Democrats had a disastrous House Election) and 2012 (after the Democrats had their 2nd Disastrous House Election ...... DO NOT count as "Day One".

Any credible article about "Day One" will at least have a 2009 Date.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:14 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,629,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I am glad that Obama was a complete idiot in terms of politics... he could of easily negotiated with the GOP to pass his proposals... he decided to be an arrogant entitled President and the rest is history.... Merry Christmas
You mean the same GOP that promised to make him a 1 term President? Sorry but it was the arrogance of Republicans that made them into complete idiots and if Dems had Bernie as the nominee then we would be looking at a Sanders Presidency and most likely Democrat Senate. Voters in this country are some of the most stupid voters in the world. They have very short attention spans and forget everything that happened just years earlier.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
there is always good and bad in everything....and it isn't 100% good that it is....diverse is ok, however, when diversity uses our own laws to take our freedoms away, then it's not so good...not to mention, laying caution to the wind.

Apparently most college students are not aware of what is currently going on in the world.
Not sure what you mean by diversity, but when i say it, i mean it as someone from small town U.S. meeting and interactivity with someone of a different culture for the first time in their life and actually realizing that they arent so distant.

I have a friend i met in college from a small town in Indiana who admitted to me that he had never hung out with black people socially before being introduced to my core group of childhood friends.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Jesus Christ dude, you CANNOT link another forum here or it'll get deleted by a mod.
You can quote a comment from that forum by simply copy and pasting it. You didnt name the site, or the user, but you quoted the comment itself ????

Old 12-01-2016, 12:42 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,086,280 times
Frankly, I do not view 'obstructing' as negative. Why shouldn't either party fight for their principles within the onstraints of our constitution and governmental system. It is why I support curtailing via law both the number and scope of executive actions. It is governing by regulation. The various EU countries and the EU as well have choked their economies by over-regulation.

Second, no more extra-Roberts Rules passing of monster from the black lagoon legislation such as Obamacare. To think that 1/6 of the U.S. Economy was taken over by that kind of maneuver is almost putsch-like in its effect.

Finally, repeal the 17th amendment. The states need their interests represented, by selecting their representatives. Our governmental systems needs that leg of the stool restored to have the needed and intended thorough checks and balances with which we began life as a country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Obstructionism is what the repubs used against Obama so yeah, it's a sound strategy.

It doesn't seem to bother voters that much.

Bigger issue is that they keep calling all the moderates that voted for trump stupid racists....because they hated Hillary just a little bit more. Constantly demonizing large voting segments is always a bad idea.

I didn't vote for Trump but I am definitely annoyed with all the democrats attacks on my race\gender demographic as being *bad* racists and women haters blah blah blah.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:45 PM

78,809 posts, read 61,019,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
You should read the comments on the articles about the TN wildfires on WaPo. The articles detail people dying, searching for their spouses and children, losing evrything. And the comments are full of heartless liberals saying TN deserves it because Trump won here.

Liberals are calling the victims toothless hillbillies and rednecks who don't deserve any help from the government. One comment suggested that trump would hold a bbq over the burning houses.

Almost none of the comments actually showed any concern for the people. After watching the news coverage today of people crying who can't find their loved ones, it's more than I can take. These liberal commenters have no soul.
If you've never seen crazed righties make the same idiotic comments around the internet then you're blind. Tell me they don't, make me a wager in fact?

Old 12-01-2016, 12:53 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,072,910 times
Quote:
You can quote a comment from that forum by simply copy and pasting it. You didnt name the site, or the user, but you quoted the comment itself ????
It came from DU, I thought that was clear and obvious as well but I guess some people need to be taken all the way to the water and not just pointed in the right direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections