Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 12:53 PM

79,160 posts, read 61,286,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Obstructionism is what the repubs used against Obama"

Obstructionism was created by the dems many year ago.

I believe you need to brush upon your history.
1. Didn't say who created it.
2. Not sure I want you suggesting what I should "brush upon", it's frankly a little creepy.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:56 PM

79,160 posts, read 61,286,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Obstructionism means nothing -- depends what is being obstructed. I'd argue that GOP obstructionism of Obama's agenda was largely a good thing as it prevented bad things from happening -- more spending; more taxes; more regulations; amnesty; cap and trade; etc.

Those of us who are on the side of the individual could also argue that Obama engaged in obstructionism of the GOP agenda, such as obstructing tax reductions, simplified taxes, or corporate tax reform.

I agree that the attack on Trump supporters does not serve the Democrats well but I'm OK with the Democratic party committing suicide, so my strategy is to get out of the way.

I can't think of any Obama initiative that was obstructed which would have been a good thing for the country if it had gone through.
Since the point of conversation was blocking (aka obstructing) another party when they hold the Presidency, Senate and House.....I merely pointed out that it's a valid strategy that has worked in the past.

I made no declarations of it being good or bad.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:57 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,675,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It came from DU, I thought that was clear and obvious as well but I guess some people need to be taken all the way to the water and not just pointed in the right direction.
and the name of the poster ????

My point is that the comment doesnt exist, you could have actually took the time and found one that did, instead, you made one up.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:09 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,086,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
and the name of the poster ????

My point is that the comment doesnt exist, you could have actually took the time and found one that did, instead, you made one up.
I didn't make up anything, it came from DU. I'm not a member there, it's just fun watching those idiots melt down after the election.

Are you saying that this quoted statement isn't a feeling shared by many on the left?

Old 12-01-2016, 01:20 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,675,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I didn't make up anything, it came from DU. I'm not a member there, it's just fun watching those idiots melt down after the election.

Are you saying that this quoted statement isn't a feeling shared by many on the left?
Im sure someone somewhere feels it, but im 100% sure that comment doesnt exist.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:31 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,086,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Im sure someone somewhere feels it, but im 100% sure that comment doesnt exist.
Why because it got deleted since I quoted it?

What's your DU user name? Are you embarrased because you fit in perfectly in that nut job forum?

Old 12-01-2016, 02:16 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,755,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If you've never seen crazed righties make the same idiotic comments around the internet then you're blind. Tell me they don't, make me a wager in fact?
There are always a few people who make nasty comments. But I've never seen anything like what I saw on these articles. The vast, vast majority were people celebrating the suffering and deaths of the people because the state voted for Trump. It was so bad, WaPo has wiped the comments from the earlier articles. I pulled up 2 articles that I read in the last couple of days and all the comments are gone. How often do you see that happen?

These stories had comments yesterday, and now they are all gone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...b183e#comments

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.706abeed9196

Old 12-02-2016, 05:22 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,723,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You mean the same GOP that promised to make him a 1 term President? Sorry but it was the arrogance of Republicans that made them into complete idiots and if Dems had Bernie as the nominee then we would be looking at a Sanders Presidency and most likely Democrat Senate. Voters in this country are some of the most stupid voters in the world. They have very short attention spans and forget everything that happened just years earlier.
"You mean the same GOP that promised to make him a 1 term President?"

How naive can some people be.

Do you REALLY think the dems did NOT try to stop Reagan and W. Bush from being elected to a second term?

And you MIGHT want to look up the ENTIRE quote.

It may stop some from thinking of you as a complete fool.

Old 12-02-2016, 05:24 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,723,269 times
Quote:
1. Didn't say who created it.
2. Not sure I want you suggesting what I should "brush upon", it's frankly a little creepy.
" it's frankly a little creepy"

ONLY to a sick mind.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:33 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,850,548 times
Quote:
Obstructionism is what the repubs used against Obama so yeah, it's a sound strategy.

It doesn't seem to bother voters that much.

Bigger issue is that they keep calling all the moderates that voted for trump stupid racists....because they hated Hillary just a little bit more. Constantly demonizing large voting segments is always a bad idea.

I didn't vote for Trump but I am definitely annoyed with all the democrats attacks on my race\gender demographic as being *bad* racists and women haters blah blah blah.
What do you suppose "I got a phone and a pen" meant? My god, do I have to explain it to you?

On the other end of Obama's phone was Harry Reid's red phone. If Obama didn't like the bill which passed in the House even when both R and D voted for it to pass it, Harry Reid got a phone call from Obama and Harry Reid made sure the bill didn't see the light of day in the Senate.

Obviously the libs are kept people ignorant. The old geezer is leaving, now maybe something will get done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections