Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 06:19 PM

25,786 posts, read 17,549,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
..........For the record (for the millionth time) I do not and have never supported Hillary Clinton. I despise her as much as I do Trump..........
Predicting failure for everyone seems to be your constant activity. Well, that and telling people they are stupid, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 06:19 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,256,572 times
Also, this part is disgusting:

"Poetically, I was given my walking orders at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. I was now a veteran of institutional care — shell shocked, but on my feet."

Old 12-02-2016, 08:28 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,296,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
unreal. one of the rare times it's worth clicking on a huff&puff link.

assume the fetal position!
I haven't laughed so hard since, well, ELECTION NIGHT!!!!

Old 12-02-2016, 08:38 PM

37,199 posts, read 42,418,548 times
They always "weep" don't they?

Old 12-02-2016, 09:32 PM

649 posts, read 318,249 times
Quote:
You're right, you don't. Not that I remember seeing, and if you had, I doubt you'd be lying about it here. So good for you, I respect that.

I make a different choice. You're right, I hate Trump with a burning, white-hot passion, and any human being with soul or a conscience should do the same. I feel the same way as I would have felt had I been living in Italy in 1922 and my country had just elected Benito Mussolini. The only real difference I see between the two men is that Mussolini was much more intelligent, but aside from that? Peas in a pod. Donald Trump is the end of every last fragment of whatever things were left that were still good about America.

And if that's how I feel about Trump, then you can probably imagine how I feel about anyone who voted for him, because you are the ones who did this to America. Yeah, you better believe I'm gonna be in your faces the next 4 years, because I blame every single one of you personally. I'll do my best to stay on the right side of the TOS, but I intend to be every Trumphead's worst nightmare for the entirety of his reign. If you don't like my tone, or my terminology, that's just something you're going to have to live with. I consider it a towering feat of self-restraint that I use the term "Trumphead" rather than "Trumptard," which is apparently permitted by the TOS but which I would not be comfortable using.

Please don't tsk tsk about my use of the term "Trumphead" until you can come back here and show me a few posts where you castigate conservative posters for calling liberals "*******s," "pansies," "snowflakes," and a half dozen other pejoratives that are clearly intended as insults. Until you're willing to criticize members of your own clique for the same thing, you have no moral high ground from which to pontificate, so zip it. As far as I'm concerned it's your own side who established that tone for these discussions, and if those are the ground rules for this stadium, then I'm by god gonna play by them too.
We're enjoying your bloviating , please do continue .

Old 12-02-2016, 10:32 PM

2,097 posts, read 1,433,345 times
Quote:
I'm a liberal (obviously) and I don't think that at all. I don't think anyone I know believes that either.

However, what we do know for an absolute, indisputable fact is that every single person who voted for Trump VOTED for someone with a long and demonstrated history of racist, misogynistic, Islamophobic, and arguably homophobic, white supremacist, and anti-immigrant views - not to mention lying, cheating honest people out of money he owed them, and reneging on his debts. You may consider that to be a significant distinction, but personally, I do not.
The political divide in this country is unlike anything I have seen in my lifetime and I have been voting since the 1960's. I have lived through the entirety of the Clinton's political careers and have often wondered if there has ever been a more corrupt-to-the-core political duo than the Clintons. Countless insiders from their days in Arkansas through Bill's presidency and to the present have given both verbal and written testimony as to what kind of low lifes this couple really is. The leaked emails confirm this--about them and about the people on their teams. I cannot see one redeeming quality in either one of them and I cannot help but wonder about the moral integrity of the people who support them enough to vote for someone when there is no moral integrity to be found in either one of them. I try to convince myself that millions of her supporters just don't realize what kind of vipers those two are and cut them some slack on that basis.

It would be pointless of me to engage in a go-nowhere political argument with you but I am mature enough to let you believe whatever you choose to believe about both Trump AND the Clintons.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:37 PM

22,587 posts, read 12,161,204 times
[quote=Mr. In-Between;46384304]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post

And again - exactly what I'm talking about.

Hey, BOS2IAD - isn't it time for another sermon on maturity?
Why would "another sermon on maturity" be needed?

Seriously, In Between, you really need to go to some anger management sessions. If you don't get a grip and suck it up and deal, you're going to be in for a very rough 4 (hopefully 8!) years ahead of you.

Look, in '08, I couldn't stomach either Obama or McCain, so I voted third party even though I knew that third party candidates don't have a snowball's chance in h*ll. When Obama got elected, I figured I would give him a chance (even though my gut was telling me otherwise). Having proved himself to be the worst president ever (I used to think that GW Bush was the worst president, then along came Obama to prove me wrong), I was shocked and upset that he got re-elected. I had to suck it up and deal with it. To be like you, in a perpetual state of intense anger and hatred would do me no good. It is was it is and life goes on.

If you can't accept it, you have the following choices 1) Get some help for dealing with it; 2) Give Trump a chance; or 3) Move to another country that is more to your liking. Holding on to such blind hatred will eat you up inside.

ETA: The quote function seems to be messed up. The above response is meant for Mr. In-Between.

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 12-02-2016 at 10:47 PM..

Old 12-02-2016, 11:00 PM

7,587 posts, read 6,674,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
The political divide in this country is unlike anything I have seen in my lifetime and I have been voting since the 1960's. I have lived through the entirety of the Clinton's political careers and have often wondered if there has ever been a more corrupt-to-the-core political duo than the Clintons. Countless insiders from their days in Arkansas through Bill's presidency and to the present have given both verbal and written testimony as to what kind of low lifes this couple really is. The leaked emails confirm this--about them and about the people on their teams. I cannot see one redeeming quality in either one of them and I cannot help but wonder about the moral integrity of the people who support them enough to vote for someone when there is no moral integrity to be found in either one of them. I try to convince myself that millions of her supporters just don't realize what kind of vipers those two are and cut them some slack on that basis.

It would be pointless of me to engage in a go-nowhere political argument with you but I am mature enough to let you believe whatever you choose to believe about both Trump AND the Clintons.
Well, that should be easy for you, because I almost completely agree with everything you said about the Clintons; the only thing I would add about them is that you can probably include their daughter in that characterization. Mark my words; before all the books are done being written, she'll turn out to be every bit as bad as her parents. Just nowhere near as intelligent at hiding it as they were.

However - in spite of all of that, Trump was still the worse choice. And it literally makes me sick to see how many Americans were incapable of comprehending such a simple and blindingly obvious fact. The one point on which i disagree with you is that as terrible a human being as she is, she was at least competent enough at governance to have not done as much damage to what's left of the best of America as Trump is about to do. We could have recovered from the damage that Clinton would have done; when Trump is finished, the America we once loved will be over forever.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:04 PM

7,587 posts, read 6,674,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Why would "another sermon on maturity" be needed?
Oh, I'm sorry - I thought that was something that was important to you. But only when you're dressing down liberals, apparently? Duly noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Seriously, In Between, you really need to go to some anger management sessions. If you don't get a grip and suck it up and deal, you're going to be in for a very rough 4 (hopefully 8!) years ahead.
Please do not make the mistake of confusing contempt and disgust with anger.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:51 PM

32,314 posts, read 15,261,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
What a pathetic beta male that loser is. How could any real man ever be a liberal?
LOL Well Trump is not a real man. A real man steps up to the plate. He hides behind his Twitter account and calls people out when his feelings get hurt. He dishes it out but can't take it. A liberal man will tell you like it is and not hide. So who is pathetic here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections