Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 04:23 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,117,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Same old story. Just goes to show yet again that as a group, it's the liberals who are paying for the conservatives' food stamps.

And before y'all inevitably start whining that I'm complaining about paying for your welfare, let me make clear once again that I am NOT complaining about it. If you need help because you didn't get a good education, or you don't have marketable job skills, or are living in a red state with a sucky economy, or have health issues, or whatever reason - WHATEVER reason - I'm not judging you. I'm glad to pay my share to help keep you and your kids well-fed and living indoors, because no matter how far away from me you live, as long as you're Americans you're still my neighbors. I'm just pointing out once again the hypocrisy of conservatives barking about how lazy liberals are, when we're the ones paying not only the nation's bills, but in many cases your personal rent and cable bills.
If you're paying the nation's bills, how did we grow 10 trillion to the national debt in just 8 years? It's like you're saying you're paying for all the bills by charging them to your credit card. Time to kick it into high gear that credit card isn't going to pay itself.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:25 PM

1,438 posts, read 780,653 times
The people in the Rust Belt and Appalachia will eventually have to accept reality and move to these urban areas. The urban areas are where all the job growth is. http://www.curbed.com/2016/9/13/1289...owth-cities-us

"New York City saw the largest number of new U.S. jobs created in the last five years, with 740,000 new positions, an increase of 9 percent. L.A. saw an increase of 11.6 percent over the same period, with the addition of 600,000 jobs.

New York, LA, Silicon Valley Houston, Dallas, Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Seattle... etc. These are where all the opportunities are and we should be encouraging people to move there. And if Trump really does evict all the illegals like he's promised, then literally hundreds of thousands of service, tourist, and restaurant industry jobs will open up that unemployed people from the Rust Belt and rural areas can take.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:38 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,286,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
The people in the Rust Belt and Appalachia will eventually have to accept reality and move to these urban areas. The urban areas are where all the job growth is. http://www.curbed.com/2016/9/13/1289...owth-cities-us

"New York City saw the largest number of new U.S. jobs created in the last five years, with 740,000 new positions, an increase of 9 percent. L.A. saw an increase of 11.6 percent over the same period, with the addition of 600,000 jobs.

New York, LA, Silicon Valley Houston, Dallas, Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Seattle... etc. These are where all the opportunities are and we should be encouraging people to move there. And if Trump really does evict all the illegals like he's promised, then literally hundreds of thousands of service, tourist, and restaurant industry jobs will open up that unemployed people from the Rust Belt and rural areas can take.
Trumbots will just claim you are being elitist. To them reality is elitist. Progress is elitist. Trump doesn't even get it--despite the fact that his own wife won't leave NYC. Don't expect her to be visiting the rust belt any time soon. This freak show is all one big reality show to him.

The cult thinks he will wave his magic Celebrity Apprentice wand and make it 1955 again.

I do really feel bad for people who are believing this rather than facing reality and looking for viable solutions. Sad!

Old 12-02-2016, 06:51 PM

632 posts, read 750,072 times
B.f.d.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:25 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,575,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I'd like a president that exceeds the bar and expectations set by rappers by a large margin.
Yet Hillary didn't hesitate to have that particular rapper and his wife headline a najor event in the closing days of the campaign.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:32 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,771,330 times
Obama went full caudillo, raising the notion that his “legacy” that must be protected by voting for Hillary (his choice), vote his preference is what dictators practice, not democracies. All that is missing from this harangue is a military uniform draped with dozens of medals awarded for imaginary feats of bravery.

Get over it liberals, the people rejected Obama 2.0

Old 12-02-2016, 07:36 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,017,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...utput-america/

Let's split the country into two. Clintonland gets that 64% of GDP, and Trumpland gets the 36%.

Fair?

How about we split it into States, or square miles? LOL

Dems can keep the coastal States that they won (minus PA...you lost that one too), and the Repubs keep the North, South and Midwest? How bout them apples?

You guys have got to get over it and put an end to this mental breakdown.

This constant Hot Dog eating contest of "Hillary ate 40 HOT DOGS and Trump ONLY ate 39!!!!" threads need to stop lol

She lost, he won.

Game over.

You had 8 years

You failed!!

Take a knee.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:39 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Maybe the 36% will increase their share under trump. The economically marginalized are always going to vote for change. I hope their choice works for them economically.
Sad that the "economically marginalized" always think that a man who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth will some how work magic to get them one of those spoons.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:49 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,009,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...utput-america/

Let's split the country into two. Clintonland gets that 64% of GDP, and Trumpland gets the 36%.

Fair?
You're forgetting one thing. The people that produce all that GDP are a small percentage of these large metropolitan areas. Furthermore, the vote between the business owners, CEO's, and other elites is actually slightly Republican leaning in most large cities.

What makes most of these areas heavy Democrat voting blocks are entire neighborhoods of do-nothings.

While there are exceptions like Seattle, portland, San Francisco etc.....what I just said typically holds true in most of the country.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:40 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,715,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL

that's a good try. but FAIL.

consider this. I live in Dallas County. Dallas County Texas has a huge percentage of Texas GDP. It also has a very large percentage of poor inner city minorities. GDP wise these people
1. don't even make a blip in Dallas county as for as GDP is concerned
2. vote democrat.

without that vote, Trump wins Dallas County. That is the case all over the country
Thank you! You exactly prove the point that I was thinking. You can make figures show anything you set your mind too. I've been involved in enough debates, and taken enough economic and statistics classes, and have enough critical thinking skills that I can generally argue both sides of about anything.....although I of course will have my own opinion as to what is really the best way to look at things.

Figures don't lie, but liars figure. You can contort any given figures or statistics to mean absolutely anything you want if you're crafty enough.

You blindly swallow information that others vomit on you at your own peril. Use your head, look at it from different angles, look at it critically, don't believe everything you're told. Figure out what someone who's telling you something has to gain if you believe what they say etc... Follow the money trail. There literally are two (or more) sides to every story. If you start with that premise, you'll be way ahead of the game.

Last edited by jasper1372; 12-02-2016 at 08:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections