Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 03:00 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
One thing that will never "run out" is your beta style self-loathing as you cheer lead for the death of old white people. That seems to be your "thing" out here. The politics of resentment, tribalism & race-baiting.
No, I'm an old white guy who utterly despises the white racist element of the GOP. The sooner that aging segment is placed under the sod, the better off the nation as a whole will be.

You could say that when I was growing up, Strom Thurmond was my political moral compass. If he supported it, I was probably against it, and if I accidentally supported anything he was for, it was probably an issue I needed to reassess. After his death, it was made public that 'Ol Strom, the original Dixiecrat, the guy who fought civil rights tooth and nail, had a black daughter that he had secretly supported for years. The child's mother was the daughter of 'Ol Strom's father's servant. Given the difference in social status between them, in my mind that was too close to rape for comfort.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 12-03-2016 at 03:13 PM..

Old 12-03-2016, 03:06 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
No, I'm an old white guy who utterly despises the white racist element of the GOP. The sooner that aging segment is placed under the sod, the better off the nation as a whole will be.
Do you also despise the non-white racist element of the Democratic party ?

Old 12-03-2016, 03:10 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
There is no significant racist element in the GOP, or in American society at large.....what there is, is a vast propaganda effort run by leftists that have poisoned the minds of people like you who then spew out hysterical nonsense such as wishing the death of these "evil white people' that you are so sure are out there.

You are enmeshed in this agitprop fantasy that has been juiced up by the political left, and in your case, has brought out an ugly impulse that wishes death on a segment of the population that you think is lurking out there, somewhere, to do harm to the nation.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:14 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
There is no significant racist element in the GOP, or in American society at large.....what there is, is a vast propaganda effort run by leftists that have poisoned the minds of people like you who then spew out hysterical nonsense such as wishing the death of these "evil white people' that you are so sure are out there.

You are enmeshed in this agitprop fantasy that has been juiced up by the political left, and in your case, has brought out an ugly impulse that wishes death on a segment of the population that you think is lurking out there, somewhere, to do harm to the nation.
Great post. The more ghoulish liberals double down on running on the false notion that everyone is a racist, the longer the Democrats will be in the political wilderness where they belong.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:17 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Great post. The more ghoulish liberals double down on running on the false notion that everyone is a racist, the longer the Democrats will be in the political wilderness where they belong.
Thanks. I'm angry when I see postings like his, but in truth, I'm angrier with the people in his political party that are pulling his strings along with other people like him.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:20 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
I won't try to predict the economy over the next four years. One certainty is that we know Trump is very thin skinned and I seriously doubt he will have what it takes to withstand more than four years of the heavy scrutiny and accountability that goes along with being President. The media coverage may very well wear him down by the end of a term. He sure got fed up with it during the campaign at times. Doubt he will run for a second term. He will be 74 in 2020 and may just say the heck with this, and go back to doing business deals. May want to golf more, etc. Think he may encourage and support Pence to run in 2020. Pence will only be 61.
He's got more energy than the media, if they wore him down he wouldn't have won the Presidency. He's gotten attacked from both side of the political spectrum yet he's the victor now.

I know Trump a lot longer than most people since I practically grew up watching him in the news. He's been in a lot of controversy but usually the populism sentiments. You will have people disagreeing with him but he'll have just as much people supporting him too.

So where's your proof that the media coverage have well him down? The media have been caught lying and helping Hillary.

Traditionally the media should give Hillary even more scrutiny because she's the one with the incumbent party.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Not See View Post
Do you also despise the non-white racist element of the Democratic party ?

No, because outside of the minds of some race-conscious white right wingers, it doesn't exist.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:22 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Paid for by whom? All the people whose taxes he's going to cut? What's he going to do, wave some magic wand and announce "I pronounce you 'Road About To Be Built!'" And suddenly everyone's going to grab a shovel and get regular paychecks?

You people sound like you're all a bunch of refugees from a "Wizard of Oz" fan convention.
This is why you're not a business guy and Wall street likes business people leading the government. How did Facebook and Google become billion $$ companies? From what?

It's all going to be done through market forces and the invisible hand that Trump now wields more powerful than anything we've ever seen before with a real business mind president.

Quote:

Everybody is a racist, I'll admit that I am too and so are you if you don't want to admit it but I can proof that everyone is a racist. The difference is that some people act upon their racist beliefs and target a certain group as the scapegoats of all the problems while others use silent racism to use minorities as their sword and shield. They are both racists in that regards.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:29 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
No, because outside of the minds of some race-conscious white right wingers, it doesn't exist.
You are clueless ... ask some blacks how they feel about Latinos. Ask the Asian Indians how they feel about blacks ... ask dark-skinned Latinos how they feel about white-skinned Latinos.

Then ask some blacks how they feel about whites ...

Old 12-03-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:

I don't wish death on any individual, but I do think that those aging individuals who long for the good 'Ol days when this was a 90% white country, when the few minorities knew their place and expect factories to come back to the boondocks like they were in Daddy's Day are a divisive group that can be misled by charlatans who prey on their ignorance. Few are truly evil, but there are some. They are an older group and statistically they're fewer of them with each election. It is not a fantasy that the election of Donald Trump has been cheered by some that in my mind at least, are evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections