Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 04:03 PM

46,334 posts, read 27,176,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Not well.
Glad you have humility.

Quote:
So, the right making a bold prediction for 48 months out might be more accurate?
Compared to the left predictions? LOL....hell, the left said there were some "predictions" that had hillary at 370 electoral votes....

Hell, I'll go further....192 months.....

Quote:
Oh-kaaaaay...

Van jones is the leftist boy....remember "white lash".....

Old 12-03-2016, 04:05 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,310,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Not See View Post
You are clueless ... ask some blacks how they feel about Latinos. Ask the Asian Indians how they feel about blacks ... ask dark-skinned Latinos how they feel about white-skinned Latinos.

Then ask some blacks how they feel about whites ...
Individuals have their prejudices, but I do not see an organized, anti-white agenda in the Democratic Party.
On the other hand, I see in Donald Trump, a candidate who successfully channeled the rage of white blue collar workers for his own benefit. I don't paint the entire GOP with that brush, but without tapping into that white resentment, Donald Trump wouldn't have been elected.

I don't think it's sustainable, because he's made promises he can't possibly keep, and the group that is most responsive to his message shrinks with every election. With every election, the total white percentage of the electorate shrinks, with white college increasing and all of the loss coming from white non-college. It's a demographic battle that varies from state to state but non-college whites aren't increasing their voting share anywhere, so eventually the GOP has to close the gap in the levels of support that they receive between white college and white non-college or make massive increases in support among minorities just to keep from losing ground.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:22 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,207,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Individuals have their prejudices, but I do not see an organized, anti-white agenda in the Democratic Party.
On the other hand, I see in Donald Trump, a candidate who successfully channeled the rage of white blue collar workers for his own benefit. I don't paint the entire GOP with that brush, but without tapping into that white resentment, Donald Trump wouldn't have been elected.

I don't think it's sustainable, because he's made promises he can't possibly keep, and the group that is most responsive to his message shrinks with every election. With every election, the total white percentage of the electorate shrinks, with white college increasing and all of the loss coming from white non-college. It's a demographic battle that varies from state to state but non-college whites aren't increasing their voting share anywhere, so eventually the GOP has to close the gap in the levels of support that they receive between white college and white non-college or make massive increases in support among minorities just to keep from losing ground.
Newsflash ...

All 63+ million that voted for Trump are not white blue collar workers and actually I think it's quite sustainable if Trump does the job as well as I think he will.

Have a read ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.85674f272ac4

Most of you that think Trump channeled the white blue-collar rage fail to understand that all of us Trump voters are sick of illegal immigration, drug trafficking, sanctuary cities, jobs leaving America, H-1Bs replacing American workers, stagnant real median wages, and lies about health care.

Old 12-03-2016, 05:13 PM

"Us Trump voters"?

Old 12-03-2016, 05:28 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,207,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
"Us Trump voters"?
Questioning the grammar ? Or is there another reason for your post ?

Old 12-03-2016, 07:35 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,967,461 times
I love all of these predictions from the left. They will probably end the same way that the election predictions did. They sure did shine on them did they not?

Old 12-04-2016, 12:15 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,918,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
That's quite a bold statement. Have you not heard of how many jobs have been phased out or will be phased out due to automation????
Somebody has to design, build and maintain all of that automation...Duh......

Old 12-04-2016, 02:38 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,210,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
He's got more energy than the media, if they wore him down he wouldn't have won the Presidency. He's gotten attacked from both side of the political spectrum yet he's the victor now.

I know Trump a lot longer than most people since I practically grew up watching him in the news. He's been in a lot of controversy but usually the populism sentiments. You will have people disagreeing with him but he'll have just as much people supporting him too.

So where's your proof that the media coverage have well him down? The media have been caught lying and helping Hillary.

Traditionally the media should give Hillary even more scrutiny because she's the one with the incumbent party.
Clinton never whined about the media coverage like Trump did though. He had several moments of exasperation with the media. Thought he could say whatever insulting, reckless thing whenever, but any counter comments were met with his fake outrage. Did you follow this campaign? Lol.

Four years of constant scrutiny as President as the incumbent will prove to be more challenging than the much shorter campaign scrutiny. He had threatened lawsuits and stricter laws restricting freedom of press to some degree against the media, about media coverage that most politicians regard as routine. Much of his "energy" you applaud is negative energy! Attacks on our press have not occurred at this level since Nixon, who made far fewer insults and false claims than Trump.. Yet Trump will then turn around and use the 'gossip" wing of the press (National Enquirer! Lol):to help attack Cruz' father of helping to kill JFK. No one that does that gutter tactic is entitled to sympathy on press coverage. He forfeited it there. Lol.

Yet he can say "I prefer prisoners that were not captured"against McCain; "coming out of her wherever" against Megyn Kelly; "when you are famous you can grab their *****" in Access Hollywood tape; extremely mean spirited mocking of disabled reporter; harsh twitter attack against ex Ms. Universe Machado at 3 AM. "Judge Curiel is Mexican and should remove himself from the Trump University case". Partial list. Bottom line: Trump wants total freedom to say whatever he darn well pleases regardess of how reckless, but takes issue with anyone that disagrees with him or corrects his misinformation, often resorting to threats and insults. Serious double standard! Don't be shocked when he does not run for re-election in 2020. This is evidence enough it will be an issue going forward IMO. He is the victor fair and square under our electoral vote system. Will concede that, but he did not win the most votes.

He also won partly because Clinton blundered with her "deplorables" comment. She also had to suddenly switch strategies during last 10 days after Comey's surprise announcement which turned out to be much ado about nothing. Was also a mistake for her to spend quality time in Arizona near the end partly in response to flawed poll numbers when spending more time in Pennsylvania and Michigan would have been better. Will give his campaign credit for restricting his reckless Twitter activity by getting permission first in last two weeks of campaign. I will pray for him as President to overcome these serious flaws for the sake of our nation's well being.

Meanwhile, his recent comments about Taiwan have already created issues for him and more importantly our nation, and he does not even assume office until mid January. To be fair, he had made some positive comments too and 60 Minutes interview was pretty good but looks like his old temperamental, impulsive ways are slowly returning. Truly believe he will be one term President and not run again. No one posting here can absolutely prove anything about the future.

Last edited by chessgeek; 12-04-2016 at 03:22 AM..

Old 12-04-2016, 03:49 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,602,132 times
Based on your headline alone, I have to ask: *bigger* landslide?

This was not a landslide, by a long shot. We haven't had a true landslide in a presidential election for over two decades.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Based on your headline alone, I have to ask: *bigger* landslide?

This was not a landslide, by a long shot. We haven't had a true landslide in a presidential election for over two decades.
Forget it. You can't talk sense to a bunch of cultists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.