Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 08:55 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
The only thing wrong about voting your conscience is 1- At this point in time a 3rd party candidate isn't going to win as president & 2 - it can backfire & cause your least desirable candidate to win . I guess if you really don't have a preference between the 2 major party candidates # 2 wouldn't matter to you .
I thought Bush 41 was doing a reasonable job but I voted my conscience [ right or wrong ] & voted for Ross Perot . Enough people did the same & gave the presidency to Bill Clinton . I know a lot of people think Bill is the best thing since sliced bread but I'm not one of them & would much rather have had Bush 41 again .
Then that is how you should have voted. Odd that you would argue that you thought he was doing a reasonable job and now wish you have voted for him but didn't.

I voted for Stein and if I had it all to do over again, I would again. In 2012 I wrote in Vermin Supreme and if I had it all over to do again, I would again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 09:08 AM

649 posts, read 316,457 times
My choice at the time was Perot & I didn't think far enough ahead to realize that voting for him would give the election to Clinton . I've wised up some since then & now vote against my least desirable candidate that has a chance of winning instead of for a more desirable candidate that doesn't have a chance of winning . I don't think that anyone really thought that someone besides Clinton or Trump would win .

Old 12-05-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
My choice at the time was Perot & I didn't think far enough ahead to realize that voting for him would give the election to Clinton . I've wised up some since then & now vote against my least desirable candidate that has a chance of winning instead of for a more desirable candidate that doesn't have a chance of winning . I don't think that anyone really thought that someone besides Clinton or Trump would win .
People are getting sick and tired of voting against someone as opposed to for someone. If you want to win, present better candidates.

Old 12-05-2016, 01:28 PM

649 posts, read 316,457 times
Agreed .

Old 12-05-2016, 01:43 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,999 times
i didn't have an opinion of her and could care less.......but listening to her reasons of a recount I could see she is lying and her reasons are B.S.

She said she is doing this to make sure the system is not corrupt and that no outside interference took place (hackers and Russia), she has ZERO evidence for this witch hunt. Then she said she isn't doing this to help Hillary Clinton...another B.S. from her.

She ONLY picks 3 states that Trump won that gave him the victory.....she didn't pick Nevada, Minnesota and N.H. which Hillary won that was close.....and Nevada has many illegals and that is "outside" influence.

She worries about "outside" influence" but she never mentions illegals voting in our system and never mentions California and the huge gap Hillary won. Aren't illegals "outside" influence also?

if she wants to really audit our voting system from "outside" influence she has to min. take 15 states, red and blue states to do an audit and if the people that are voting are legal U.S. CITIZEN and hire a non-partisan task force to do this audit and this will take months even more than a year if she was really serious about this.

but that is not what she is doing....and this is just a scheme to take millions of dollars for her party and be on the news.

Old 12-05-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
i didn't have an opinion of her and could care less.......but listening to her reasons of a recount I could see she is lying and her reasons are B.S.

She said she is doing this to make sure the system is not corrupt and that no outside interference took place (hackers and Russia), she has ZERO evidence for this witch hunt. Then she said she isn't doing this to help Hillary Clinton...another B.S. from her.
It isn't helping Hillary in any way. Not is there any way it can. The rest is just more repetitive claims that have already been covered.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
This woman is a genuine nut case!

Old 12-05-2016, 04:25 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The (R)'s and (D)'s have us in 5 wars and $20 trillion in debt. Am I upset that someone is stirring the pot?

No.
Obama has added more to the debt than any president before him. He's a Democrat, remember?

Old 12-05-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Obama has added more to the debt than any president before him. He's a Democrat, remember?
He has. Where exactly in my statement did I forget that? The other wars and debt don't count?

Old 12-08-2016, 03:19 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've covered this. She knows that is where the money is at. Who is going to donate to recount New York? No one.

Or she is smarter than everyone. What if we recount Pennsylvania and we find an extremely low fraud rate?

Damn, there goes the argument for more restrictions on voting rights, eh?

If you think there is a massive amount of illegal votes cast, why would you not support her? If we discover a large number of fraudulent votes, the argument for I.D.s grows stronger.

Where is the problem here?

Who is "we"?

Stein in the instigator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections