Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is Most Responsible That Hillary Won't Be First Woman President?
Obama 23 45.10%
Sanders 2 3.92%
Trump 13 25.49%
Bill Clinton 5 9.80%
I'm Hillary Supporter Who thinks Election was Stolen by Russians, FBI, Electoral Collage, Electrons Protons Fig Newtons and Morons 8 15.69%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 12:12 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post

And she won overwhelmingly over trump by more than 2.5 million votes
Hillary won popular vote in 2008 too, and the nomination went to Obama? Do you consider that unfair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 12:15 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
^^ This!

Funny how a liberal puts up a survey that blames everyone but the one person that should be blamed.

I voted for Trump. Whether or not that makes me a liberal is up to you I guess. I don't waste time with such labels.

As I have already given the reason why I didn't put Hillary in the poll. You are certainly free to create your own topic if you don't like it.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:18 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,214,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Hillary lost because she is a woman and women are heavily discriminated in politics. She never lost the popular vote and tried her best but some demographics got unproportional voting rights and screwed her
This doesn't hold true because there were other races where women were on the ballot & outperformed her. Look at New Hampshire in particular- a D woman beat an R woman for the Senate seat and both had higher vote totals than Clinton. The two house seats also went to woman by a larger proportion than Clinton's win over Trump. In California Kamal Harris won a Senate seat by besting Hillary's vote total as well. Patty Murray in Washington finished with almost 5% more votes than Hillary. And Alaska re-elected Murkowski. The problem is not 'women' being at a disadvantage it is this woman not being an appealing or effective candidate.

Also her 08 win in Michigan was a publicity stunt. That state was stripped of delegates for infringing on the primary election calendar and she did a last minute campaign there after Obama had pulled out because of them not having the delegates.

I also don't buy the Bill hurt her meme because if it weren't for Bill she never would have been able to move to New York and run for Senate within a month. Nor would she have been a viable Presidential candidate after 1 term in the Senate after being on the opposite side of her party's base on so many Senate votes. People forget that in 08 the big primary issue was the war- she had been for it and much of her party had turned vehemently against it. She was also much more corporatist than her party base. That had nothing to do with her identity as a female.

Old 12-05-2016, 01:21 PM

649 posts, read 316,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalk View Post
hillary deserved to be the next potus and it was a grave grave mistake to elect trump!
lol

Old 12-05-2016, 02:04 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hillary wanted to be first woman President so her name can appear in history books. Had all the connections, big money, MSM and the establishment behind her. Yet her hopes were dashed.

Who is the most responsible.
  • Obama? - Took Nomination From Hillary in 2008 that was supposed to be "hers".
  • Sanders? - Severely wounded Hillary and exposed split between New Democrats and real Progressives
  • Trump? - Won the 2016 Election that many said he would never win.
  • Bill Clinton? - "I did not have sexual relations with that woman". i.e. Political baggage goes back a long way.
What do you think?
Hillary defeated herself with her moral, mental and physical incompetence. She was in self-destruct mode from the start of her campaign.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:16 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I didn't list Hillary as choice because it was her job to defeat these men in one form or another.
Well she FAILED her job then. Her fault. Her responsibility.

She should have started her campaign by first divorcing her philandering husband.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:22 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,864 times
ha ha that's easy.... hillary herself

Old 12-06-2016, 03:10 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
I would have chosen Hillary herself.

Biden would have had a better shot but not win either.

Anyone associated with Obama would have lost.

Look at Brexit Hillary, Italian. Everything Obama endorsed,f failed!

Old 12-06-2016, 06:01 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,214,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I would have chosen Hillary herself.

Biden would have had a better shot but not win either.

Anyone associated with Obama would have lost.

Look at Brexit Hillary, Italian. Everything Obama endorsed,f failed!

I think Biden would have locked down Pennsylvania and at least showed up to Wisconsin and Michigan. That would have probably wrangles up the 10k votes he needed from the Detroit metro and however many he needed in Milwaukie. He is much more compatible with Catholic and working class voters than Hillary (or Obama.) I think he would have also done better among AA voters. He has none of Hillary's ethical baggage. And to be honest- he is a better debater.

Obama is sitting on top of a favorable rating in the high 50s and has dodged any personal scandals. Neither of those two attributes could be transferred to Hillary who never topped mid-forties in favorability and has more luggage than Sampsonite.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:07 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Hillary had no answer for Trump`s fear mongering, racism and religious hatred. Of course she could have said she will build a higher wall than Trump and have a larger deportation force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections