Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 01:24 PM

5,898 posts, read 3,899,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Actually we are not recyling these people as you say; the GOP had some young and very interesting candidates running this time,, unlike the Dems, who put up 2 really recycled candidates and then you add he green party who choose a true dig dong that can't even read her notes correctly.
Hopefully they're not the same "young and very interesting candidates" nobody in the primaries voted for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 02:11 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Thanks but no thanks. Matter of fact he is probably the worse candidate you could put up because of his staunch religious views. If you want to see the Republican party continue to move forward people like him need to be quietly shown the door.
I'd agree with that. Personally I have never liked the guy, not since I read about a proposal he introduced in Congress years ago to block access to the public by the National Weather Service, which would have forced the public to rely on private weather sites (such as Accuweather, coincidentally one of his biggest campaign donors) for their weather, including severe weather information. Thank goodness that proposal went nowhere.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/ric...ather-service/

He's too far into the religious right, IMO, and militantly anti-abortion.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:16 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
I never liked his politics. Even though I think he is a nice person.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:32 PM

45,375 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Right you are.
A also forgot to mention he lost a race for Governor, too. So he's a 4-time loser.

By 2024, Santorum will be 74 as well. Old for a President, even by this election's standards.
You're off on his age. He was born in 1958 so he'd be 66 in 2024. That doesn't mean I think he's a good idea, see my previous post.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:51 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
I'm no fan of Santorum, but I think it's a bit too soon for Demoflats to be begging us to nominate someone. Seems that you guys were recently begging us to nominate Trump. How'd that work out for you?
Ooh snap.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:46 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
America needs Santorum to follow up Trump in 2024. He is tearing the racists Van Jones and Ana Navarro to shreds right now.
I watched the same show, and it didn't remotely occur to me that Santorum should ever run again for president.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:12 PM

178 posts, read 458,893 times
Did you not notice that republican voters kicked all sixteen of the bible thumpers to the curb? There were really only two choices during the primaries - Trump or a bible thumper. You could chose skin color or gender but when you pulled their string they all chanted the same message while waving their bible. Hopefully the republican leadership noted this and will tell the evangelicals to go to the back of the room and be quiet. What are they going to do, vote democratic? They have far smaller numbers than they are generally credited with anyhow.
With some luck Texas will get rid of Cruz ASAP.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:35 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Ana Navarro is truly a disgrace. I used to have some respect for her, but this "GOP pundit" has revealed how much of a race-baiting hustler she really is. Having already voted for Hillary and praising illegal immigrants without exception, she should make the move official and join the democrat party.

Moving on, Santorum did a great job fending off those two; although, this is a show format of Van Jones that I love . . . its' finally made CNN interesting in my view. And I write this as someone who does not see eye to eye with Santorum on more than a few things.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:48 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Look, Ted Cruz ran as "The True Conservative" and didn't win a single southern state. How did THAT happen? That's what Santorum will ask himself if he thinks about it carefully.

Rick Santorum won't be as appealing to religious conservatives because Trump will have already covered the supreme court justices. Voting evangelical Republicans will no longer have to put abortion as their Number 1 priority issue.

No more lawyers!

Old 12-08-2016, 05:03 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Ana Navarro is truly a disgrace. I used to have some respect for her, but this "GOP pundit" has revealed how much of a race-baiting hustler she really is. Having already voted for Hillary and praising illegal immigrants without exception, she should make the move official and join the democrat party.

Moving on, Santorum did a great job fending off those two; although, this is a show format of Van Jones that I love . . . its' finally made CNN interesting in my view. And I write this as someone who does not see eye to eye with Santorum on more than a few things.
She is a democrat that is trying to alter the Republican Party platform from within. She only supports pro immigration republicans. She is very smart, I'll give her that. She latches on to guys like Jen Bush, Marco Rubio, and John McCain, and promotes them on the news shows. But I think her days of doing this are numbered. I think most people see through her charade, and it is now obvious that she is a democrat trying to infiltrate the Republican Party in order to shape it into a second Democratic Party. I read this article about her a while back that I found interesting...

Ana Navarro Is No ‘Strategist’ — She’s A Bushie | The Daily Caller
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections