Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 05:51 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,333,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Man, it's been a hoot watching you people find novel ways to spin the "Hillary really won" bit. It's not going to change what's coming in January.
They'll be happy once they are able to find a job and finally move out of their parents basement. Their parents will be happy too.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
[/b]

I hope all this obsession over Hillary isn't affecting your job or love life.
How people can be so obsessed with Hillary is beyond my comprehension. Perhaps if you have a criminal streak.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
once again i remind liberals that trump won enough states to win the election. and if you look at the electoral map, there are 3141(i think) counties in the country, and trump won over 3000 of those counties.
I saw one of those election maps which showed only the Red States. It is amazing when you look at it. It really was a landslide, of Reagan proportions.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:01 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,515,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
15 states with the biggest popular-vote victories
01. California - Clinton +4.264 million votes
02. New York - Clinton +1.569 million votes
03. Illinois - Clinton +944k votes
04. Massachusetts - Clinton +904k votes
05. Texas - Trump +808k votes
06. Maryland - Clinton +734k votes
07. Tennessee - Trump +652k votes
08. Alabama - Trump +589k votes
09. Kentucky - Trump +575k votes
10. Missouri - Trump +531k votes
11. Oklahoma - Trump +529k votes
12. Washington - Clinton +520k votes
13. Indiana - Trump +519k votes
14. New Jersey - Clinton +457k votes
15. Ohio - Trump +447k votes

All data are taken from the respective official state government websites.

Hillary Clinton has proven to be capable by winning very huge number of votes in a state. California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Washington and New Jersey represent the best of American values!
https://norasjourneyearlyonsetcongen.../04/grief1.jpg

Still in the denial stage I see. Wonder when full on anger stage will hit the board.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-09-2016 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: hotlinking and/or copyright

Old 12-08-2016, 06:09 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,230,268 times
For all you Die Hard Trump supporters, let's just see what you think after the first 2 yrs. when you start whining and screaming, "do it in the mirror", because it will be and should be directed at yourself.

You whined and cried for 8 yrs and never once became aware that it was YOUR Republican Congress that gridlocked to create stagnation. Thank Goodness President Obama was smart enough to work around it and get things done.
Now, a man is in office (Trump) that does not have a clue as to what's happening on the world stage. He's doing a shoot from the hip and hope he hits something,while playing ego games on Twitter.

Looks like he wants to set up for a military coup-- and install himself as dictator. (It probably won't be a problem for Republicans, because they love being led and directed just like the pawns they have been fighting to remain being for decades upon decades.)
But, if you think your Idol Trump is going to put money in your pocket, then it only goes to show, that you again put money above everything else. But Trump being Trump, he's likely to take money from your pocket, not put money in it.

Yea.... we know, but you won't say it outwards, that your mantra is "hail money", to heck with anything else.

After Trump, red states will still be as backwards as ever, and filled with public service riders looking for hand-outs and lying to themselves with the same dumb phrase, about "pulling themselves up by the boot straps' (go ahead and try it and see how quick you fall on your face or your arse). that's how dumb the phrase is.

Maybe Trump can create a smog cloud over the the entire US, like they use to have in California's Los Angeles, until they realized it was people and cars that created the smog. Trumper's have not figured that out yet, or why Beijing had such a problem with smog during the Olympic's. If many of his die hard followers are anything like what we saw on Television, then America surely is on a well oiled piece of glass slinking downwards.

Now, that being said,... for the sake of America, I'd hope that Trump proves me wrong.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:09 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,361,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post

Still in the denial stage I see. Wonder when full on anger stage will hit the board.

No, I'd say he was in the "bargaining" stage (hence all these cherrypicking analytical posts). He's persistently trying to argue that she should have won, she's entitled to it (has no concept about American civics). He was in the anger stage on his thread, "It's Been Two Weeks Since Hillary Lost", or something to that effect. He was raging about how rustbelt whites are to blame, they hate women, and elderly women will never see a woman president, etc. etc. The way he was carrying on about unfairness to women made me think "she" was a feminist until he identified himself as a 20-something "minority" (didn't identify what kind) male. Which makes it odd that he is obsessing over a crooked old crone like Hillary.

It's the "Depression" stage that has me thinking "Psych Ward".

BTW. I'm a middle aged woman and I couldn't give a rat's a** if I never see a woman president in my lifetime.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:49 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,979,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
No, I'd say he was in the "bargaining" stage (hence all these cherrypicking analytical posts). He's persistently trying to argue that she should have won, she's entitled to it (has no concept about American civics). He was in the anger stage on his thread, "It's Been Two Weeks Since Hillary Lost", or something to that effect. He was raging about how rustbelt whites are to blame, they hate women, and elderly women will never see a woman president, etc. etc. The way he was carrying on about unfairness to women made me think "she" was a feminist until he identified himself as a 20-something "minority" (didn't identify what kind) male. Which makes it odd that he is obsessing over a crooked old crone like Hillary.

It's the "Depression" stage that has me thinking "Psych Ward".

BTW. I'm a middle aged woman and I couldn't give a rat's a** if I never see a woman president in my lifetime.
Why not give Hillary a chance to be president?

Old 12-08-2016, 09:55 AM

45,464 posts, read 60,692,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Why not give Hillary a chance to be president?
Well, she had her chance and blew it.

By the way, I'm switching my opinion from badly damaged and unrealistic individual to troll.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:52 AM

32,818 posts, read 19,511,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
When we GET RID of the Electoral College, THEN, we can get to a system where "every vote counts".
no chance of that happening

the states will not cut their own throats

to change or rid the Ec, will need a constitutional convention of the states

no way a super majority of the states will hand their power over to the few high populated states

the EC is there for a reason...and its a good reason

Old 12-08-2016, 11:00 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,378,870 times
Yawn. Another liberal trying to convince the world that dense urban liberal cesspools know best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections