Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 11:03 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,378,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
When we GET RID of the Electoral College, THEN, we can get to a system where "every vote counts".
And why exactly should all of those states vote to get rid of the electoral college and reduce their power? Day after day liberals harp about how people should vote in their own best interest so why suddenly do you think they should vote against their interest and give California and New York the power to decide who is President?

Never going to happen.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
How people can be so obsessed with Hillary is beyond my comprehension. Perhaps if you have a criminal streak.
I agree but we have some in our area; one person I know, a single middle aged lady would not even go to Thanksgiving dinner with friends, she needed time to mourn and wanted to just be left alone. We have a foster daughter in Portland who just wanted to run away after the election.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:12 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,361,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Why not give Hillary a chance to be president?
Why didn't they give Dewey a chance instead of Truman? Or Stevenson instead of Eisenhower? Or Mondale instead of Reagan?

Answer: They LOST.

Son...here is some motherly advice. You will someday regret that you wasted months of your precious 20's (years you can never get back) obsessing about that crorked, screetchy, ugly looking old hag, Hillary Clinton, someone who neither knows you or gives a hoot about you.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
For all you Die Hard Trump supporters, let's just see what you think after the first 2 yrs. when you start whining and screaming, "do it in the mirror", because it will be and should be directed at yourself.

You whined and cried for 8 yrs and never once became aware that it was YOUR Republican Congress that gridlocked to create stagnation. Thank Goodness President Obama was smart enough to work around it and get things done.
Now, a man is in office (Trump) that does not have a clue as to what's happening on the world stage. He's doing a shoot from the hip and hope he hits something,while playing ego games on Twitter.

Looks like he wants to set up for a military coup-- and install himself as dictator. (It probably won't be a problem for Republicans, because they love being led and directed just like the pawns they have been fighting to remain being for decades upon decades.)
But, if you think your Idol Trump is going to put money in your pocket, then it only goes to show, that you again put money above everything else. But Trump being Trump, he's likely to take money from your pocket, not put money in it.

Yea.... we know, but you won't say it outwards, that your mantra is "hail money", to heck with anything else.

After Trump, red states will still be as backwards as ever, and filled with public service riders looking for hand-outs and lying to themselves with the same dumb phrase, about "pulling themselves up by the boot straps' (go ahead and try it and see how quick you fall on your face or your arse). that's how dumb the phrase is.

Maybe Trump can create a smog cloud over the the entire US, like they use to have in California's Los Angeles, until they realized it was people and cars that created the smog. Trumper's have not figured that out yet, or why Beijing had such a problem with smog during the Olympic's. If many of his die hard followers are anything like what we saw on Television, then America surely is on a well oiled piece of glass slinking downwards.

Now, that being said,... for the sake of America, I'd hope that Trump proves me wrong.
You so realize not everyone who voted for him loved or loves him. Or I hope you realize that. So far, he might still need to keep his mouth shut more, but he has made some good and some very good appointments and we all have to hope he will turn out to be a great or good president. Right now, what needs to happen, is: 1-the media give him a fair shake and 2-Clinton supporters need to get over their obsession with her loss.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:33 AM

649 posts, read 317,038 times
I think it's past time to stop feeding the troll .

Old 12-08-2016, 02:01 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,515,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
No, I'd say he was in the "bargaining" stage (hence all these cherrypicking analytical posts). He's persistently trying to argue that she should have won, she's entitled to it (has no concept about American civics). He was in the anger stage on his thread, "It's Been Two Weeks Since Hillary Lost", or something to that effect. He was raging about how rustbelt whites are to blame, they hate women, and elderly women will never see a woman president, etc. etc. The way he was carrying on about unfairness to women made me think "she" was a feminist until he identified himself as a 20-something "minority" (didn't identify what kind) male. Which makes it odd that he is obsessing over a crooked old crone like Hillary.

It's the "Depression" stage that has me thinking "Psych Ward".

BTW. I'm a middle aged woman and I couldn't give a rat's a** if I never see a woman president in my lifetime.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Why not give Hillary a chance to be president?
Yes Mrs. Skeffington.....I believe you are correct.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:33 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,979,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
I think it's past time to stop feeding the troll .
The data i compiled and posted are real and accurate

Old 12-08-2016, 05:35 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,388,360 times
Quote:
15 states with the biggest popular-vote victories
01. California - Clinton +4.264 million votes
02. New York - Clinton +1.569 million votes
03. Illinois - Clinton +944k votes
04. Massachusetts - Clinton +904k votes
05. Texas - Trump +808k votes
06. Maryland - Clinton +734k votes
07. Tennessee - Trump +652k votes
08. Alabama - Trump +589k votes
09. Kentucky - Trump +575k votes
10. Missouri - Trump +531k votes
11. Oklahoma - Trump +529k votes
12. Washington - Clinton +520k votes
13. Indiana - Trump +519k votes
14. New Jersey - Clinton +457k votes
15. Ohio - Trump +447k votes

All data are taken from the respective official state government websites.

Hillary Clinton has proven to be capable by winning very huge number of votes in a state. California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Washington and New Jersey represent the best of American values!
More evidence of the tremendous foresight of our Founding Fathers!

Old 12-08-2016, 05:35 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,979,163 times
Another 5k more votes added to Hillary's lead in California since I made this thread

It's now Clinton +4.269 million votes in California
2016 General Election Results | California Secretary of State

Hillary you are truly magnificent!

Old 12-08-2016, 05:43 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,196,748 times
Quote:
15 states with the biggest popular-vote victories
01. California - Clinton +4.264 million votes
02. New York - Clinton +1.569 million votes
03. Illinois - Clinton +944k votes
04. Massachusetts - Clinton +904k votes
05. Texas - Trump +808k votes
06. Maryland - Clinton +734k votes
07. Tennessee - Trump +652k votes
08. Alabama - Trump +589k votes
09. Kentucky - Trump +575k votes
10. Missouri - Trump +531k votes
11. Oklahoma - Trump +529k votes
12. Washington - Clinton +520k votes
13. Indiana - Trump +519k votes
14. New Jersey - Clinton +457k votes
15. Ohio - Trump +447k votes

All data are taken from the respective official state government websites.

Hillary Clinton has proven to be capable by winning very huge number of votes in a state. California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Washington and New Jersey represent the best of American values!
The first two states CA and NY got the most illegal votes for Hillary. 25% of all illegals in the United States live in California. Millions of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections