Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 02:50 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
You know........there comes a time when beating someone when they're down and insulting simply for the sake of insulting is just unseemly.

I am no fan of the president (spineless, creative relationship with the truth, and blind adherence to progressive ideology). I am also no fan of the first lady (race baiter who accomplished little more than becoming the target of student-made lunch-focused videos).

But enough already. They're done. They're history. Much of what they tried to accomplish will be undone, as it should be. Your post says more about you than it does about Michelle Obama. I have no respect for either of them. But I also have no respect for those who just don't know when to stop gloating and insulting. Enough already.
As someone likely on the opposite side of the aisle from you (I disagree with your assessment of the Obamas), the class you've shown here is much appreciated juneau.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:12 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
“I went to bed. I don’t like to watch the political discourse; I never have,” Obama tells PEOPLE, adding of her husband, “I barely did with him.”
Ok...so she went to bed early. I'm going to bet that a lot of people, especially those who didn't vote, also went to bed early. And probably a good chunk of those who did vote also went to bed early. When they woke up, they would know the results.

I just don't see what the issue is here? Not sure what the OP is trying to point out?

Old 12-07-2016, 04:29 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,902,291 times
I stopped paying attention before it was called election night. I'm no fan of Michelle Obama, but there is no story here. Finish the rest of her quote.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:37 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Sure, will be spent. And? Are you disgusted by it?
I'm not a Republican, and I didn't vote for either of them (Hillary, nor Trump), but I think if this issue was important enough to anyone (it wasn't to me), then any such person should have Tweeted about the issue, tried hard to draw attention on Facebook about the issue, tried to get a question in for a town hall, etc. It doesn't appear that any such things happened. Why? Arrogance....complacency.....the belief that Trump had virtually no chance of winning.

If, re the future, people still have an issue with this....contact their local member of Congress and push that person to introduce legislation to either: 1. Limit the dollar amount that can be spent each year re protection of the President's 'One private residence designated for full protection per Secret Service policy' or 2. Limit protection for the President to full protection at the White House and full protection while traveling wherever he or she happens to go. Additionally, continue to organize and deploy protest groups, start a group on Facebook, etc.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:41 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
Some people go to bed early because they have things to do in the morning, unlike many people in this thread.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:50 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Mooch didn't earn her name for nothing. She enjoys the taxpayer funded life of shopping, world trips, being waited on hand & foot.

She will leave the WH without any noteworthy accomplishments except for maybe coming up with a new recipe for Smores that nobody wants to eat.
Uneatable school lunches?

Old 12-07-2016, 05:21 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
I really hope she does not go down the same path as Hillary.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:50 PM

4,258 posts, read 3,179,117 times
Seriously, who really cares that she went to bed early???

Old 12-07-2016, 05:51 PM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
So did I, and pretty much for the same reasons, I don't care to hear the talking heads bloviating on and on about the election. And I was so sure that Hillary would win no matter what and I just didn't want to see that in progress.

I woke up at 5AM, debated about turning on the TV or checking online about election results, bracing myself for what I assumed would be a Hillary win. I turned on the TV, and after a few minutes, they mentioned that Trump had won, and Hillary had conceded. I didn't believe it till I checked online and found the same thing.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:52 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,712,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Obama's not particularly fond of americans or america either.

#musliminchiefwhowontsaythewords
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections