Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 05:36 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,765,131 times

Advertisements

Member when all the liberals gave Donald Trump a free arena to speak his agenda. Member when all the other 16 Republicans candidates were banned from free TV news time.

I Member all of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 06:00 PM

33,610 posts, read 18,286,361 times
Hillary wanted the illegal vote..

Old 12-08-2016, 06:22 PM

491 posts, read 321,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Member when all the liberals gave Donald Trump a free arena to speak his agenda. Member when all the other 16 Republicans candidates were banned from free TV news time.

I Member all of it.
That's because the liberal media figured that Trump would be the easiest candidate for Clinton to beat. Such a calculation backfired on them in the most spectacular way.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:41 PM

1,229 posts, read 863,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
That's because the liberal media figured that Trump would be the easiest candidate for Clinton to beat. Such a calculation backfired on them in the most spectacular way.
That's not even remotely true. They gave him the air time simply because he brought them ratings.

Walnuts McCain Republican : At some point in time, you just have to come to grips with the fact that the rest of the candidates were complete culls/dullards, and had almost no appeal to the American public.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:08 PM

491 posts, read 321,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
That's not even remotely true. They gave him the air time simply because he brought them ratings.

Walnuts McCain Republican : At some point in time, you just have to come to grips with the fact that the rest of the candidates were complete culls/dullards, and had almost no appeal to the American public.
Certainly, ratings was a big factor in the liberal media's decision to give Trump free air time. But Trump's perceived weakness was also was a major consideration.

I'm trying my best to be fair, and I acknowledge that Trump had an appeal that no other Republican possessed. But to say that none of the other candidates had appeal to the general public is a gross exaggeration, given that Trump received less than 50% of the vote in the primaries. Had there been only two candidates instead of 17 in the primaries, I have doubts as to whether Trump would have won. Honestly, it would depend on who Trump's competitor was. In a Marco vs. Trump race (with nobody else), my guess is that Rubio would have prevailed. But if Trump's sole competitor was Jeb or Cruz, then Donald still would have won the nomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections