Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 02:31 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,956,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Too bad that you don't understand that every state has programs to help those in need get valid ID.

ETA: It's obvious that you didn't watch the video in post #10 of this thread. I suggest that you watch it in its entirety. It's not that long.
Why would I watch a video with that caption. I'm an actual, real-life black person, who's worked to help some of out poorest inner-city residents. I've seen the lack of photo ID. As I linked in the other post, NC legislators REQUESTED RACIAL DATA and wrote their law accordingly. They specifically targeted Black voters. It's a matter of public record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 02:32 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Too bad they don't let you pay in installments. I don't think you understand true poverty.
Installments, huh?
"You momma's so broke she got to put a down payment on a candy bar!"

Old 12-09-2016, 03:13 PM

14,931 posts, read 12,130,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
You're not going to believe this...but I didn't have to show either! They called me by name the minute I walked in the door of the polls. One of the ladies at the desk asked what we were serving at the upcoming football banquet...I'm a high school cafeteria cook. They all have kids/grandkids who are involved in the various extracurriculars, and they know me from the sports banquets the cafeteria caters. Whether they'd recognize me if I weren't dressed in my banquet uniform or cafeteria scrub outfit, I don't know.
They knew me and my husband at our polling place too- they were our neighbors, but we still had to show our IDs. In fact, those were scanned before we received a ballot.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:15 PM

14,931 posts, read 12,130,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Installments, huh?
"You momma's so broke she got to put a down payment on a candy bar!"
No, too many of those "poor folks" somehow manage to afford junk food, cigarettes and designer sneakers.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:27 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,233,172 times
Quote:
Wait until you find out about Pell grants and student loans.

And, how old are you? 80? Mobile phone service and Internet connectivity are absolutely necessities in modern society. Much moreso than a valid ID for someone who doesn't drive.
I know about Pell grants and student loans. I'm a college graduate.

And you say that "Mobile phone service and Internet connectivity are absolutely necessities" and yet seem to imply that having a valid user ID in the year 2016 ISN'T a necessity? Where? You need an ID to open a bank account or a credit account. You need an ID to buy a 6 pack of beer or apply for social benefits.

Are you telling me that today a user ID isn't really necessary?

Old 12-09-2016, 03:30 PM

26,475 posts, read 15,057,355 times
Quote:
You realize that that a lot of poor, inner city people don't have ID because they're too POOR. I worked at an inn er-city community college once, and you'd be shocked at the sheer number of people who, because they don't drive, have no compelling reason to pay for a photo ID.
If they are "poor" and on government benefits they need ID to enroll and collect their benefits.

With that said, the state should provide free IDs for voting to those who don't have drivers licenses.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:42 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Quote:
NC passed a voter ID law with the express intent of suppressing the black vote. ...
They did not.

Old 12-09-2016, 04:09 PM

22,454 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Why would I watch a video with that caption. I'm an actual, real-life black person, who's worked to help some of out poorest inner-city residents. I've seen the lack of photo ID. As I linked in the other post, NC legislators REQUESTED RACIAL DATA and wrote their law accordingly. They specifically targeted Black voters. It's a matter of public record.
If you didn't want to remain willfully ignorant, you would watch it. Black people who live in East Harlem were interviewed. I would highly recommend you see what they have to say.

My 91-year old father and his 88-year old sister are both Hispanic. They've never been without proper ID in their lives. In fact, they would be highly insulted if they were told that because they were minorities, they weren't expected to have any valid IDs.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:20 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,752,657 times
I hope California will do the same thing.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:06 PM

16,550 posts, read 8,589,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well no doubt this isn't the outcome that Stein, Hillary & Soros wanted. Such blatant fraud was discovered in Detroid, the state moves to make VoterID mandatory.

I see a lot of Red in Michigan's voting future.

Strict voter ID law approved in Michigan House
Indeed this could be a great situation, but not just for (R's). In theory everyone wants a fair and honest voting system.
Just as with playing the race card, the old and tired argument that requiring ID to vote discriminates against minorities is absurd.
To get anywhere in this country, you have to have some type of ID, including into DNC events. Yet I doubt they claim they themselves are discriminating against minorities because they require ID.
Also this push to give illegal aliens drivers licences which then makes voter fraud almost inevitable is another mainstay of the Democrats. People are now seeing through the smoke & mirrors of the leftists, knowing it is all an act to cover for their real agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections