Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 08:24 PM

32,321 posts, read 15,272,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
In a general election matchup, I also think that Biden would have also prevailed in MI, PA, & WI (and therefore won the presidency). But first Biden would have had to defeat Clinton in the primaries, which I doubt would have happened.

There's a reason why Biden (and Elizabeth Warren as well) chose not to run: Clinton had the backing of the entire Democratic establishment (including the de facto backing of Obama, who privately urged his donors to back Clinton during the primaries). After the 2008 race, the Democratic elite felt that the 2016 nomination was "owed" to Clinton (in exchange for her endorsement of Obama). Thus, if Biden actually did challenge Clinton in the primaries, such a race would have been very ugly.
Biden would have easily defeated Hillary. He didn't run because his son died. But he had the plan in place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 08:48 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,417,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
He would have won the presidency. He would not have talked to down to common people like Hillary did. I wouldn't have voted for him, but I think he's a decent person, unlike Hillary.
It doesn't matter who ran against Trump , he would still
have won. The stars aligned for him and with the help of
Russia and Comey he scored!

I just can't think of anyone that would have been
able to withstand the evil onslaught and the excessive
media coverage that Trump put forth.
He was a mastermind at manipulating a crowd with
what they think they wanted , his lies was just better overall.
I am also of the firm belief that Trump and his campaign applied
a sort of mass hypnotizing , in other words I don't really buy that
it had anything to do with issues. Mock me if you must.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:11 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,297,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Joe Biden served his country for most of his life. What have you done ?
Doesn't matter what anyone else has done. Do you have some level of accomplishment someone has to attain before they can criticize a politician? Many of your posts blast Trump from all directions. It's a fair assumption that your own accomplishments pale in comparison to his. So, in response to your attacks on Trump, should we ask you, 'what have you done'?

You make it sound like these lifetime politicians are sacrificing so much just to 'serve their country'. Please stop the nonsense. Most career politicians, even if they are decent people, are also in it for all the benefits that come with the job. That's why they fight so hard to get reelected.

Show me a 50 yr old retired colonel with 30 yrs in the military. That's someone who has served his country for most of his life.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:55 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,963,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Not try to destroy this country for most of my life...
=Nothing!

Old 12-10-2016, 12:32 PM

31,335 posts, read 14,444,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Hillary started the personal attacks the day after Trump defeated Jeb Bush. You are still brainwashed by the failed liberal media.

It should be about policy until Hillarys people strategize on attacking Trump's character. Trump opened up the campaign by attack Obama's policies and calling for repeal of Obamacare and sending illegals back.

Hillary lost because she ran a negative campaign. What was her campaign message??

Vote for her because she is anything but Trump.

Great post.
And you are correct --- her campaign was terrible, her ads were terrible and she had nothing to offer besides....
* A third Obama term
* The first woman president.

That's it!

Old 12-10-2016, 12:49 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,814,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Great post.
And you are correct --- her campaign was terrible, her ads were terrible and she had nothing to offer besides....
* A third Obama term
* The first woman president.

That's it!

And now she & Obama want to blame her loss on Russians & Fake News.

Old 12-10-2016, 12:51 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,252,480 times
" Joe Biden Says he was Embarrassed by Hillary Clinton & her Campaign"

In related news: Entire Nation Embarrassed by Joe Biden

Film at 11...

Old 12-11-2016, 01:38 PM

17,435 posts, read 11,456,807 times
Since Biden can't open his mouth without sticking his own foot in it, and has been kept on a short leash in a closet somewhere in the White House the last 8 years, I'd say Biden has nothing to be embarrassed about except himself.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:22 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,750,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Forest Gump chides Hillary for all the insults.
'So much for the shining city on the hill,' Joe Biden reflected on Thursday.
Joe Biden says he was 'embarrased' by 2016 campaign | Daily Mail Online
Biden continues to lose my respect. Joe you are on the same stage with Clinton and could have rebuked her reasons why she lost to Trump. You choose not too. Instead, you lash out in another media. Enough of you, her and the entire liberal party that has ruined the Democratic party.

If I recall correctly Trump did make this campaign about the issues. Clinton used every dirty trick in the book to take Trump down because she couldn't talk policy since she had 30 years of lies, corruption, scandals, kickbacks and failures. Trump fought back while still talking policy and pummeled the Clinton cartel into the ground all while the MSM lied about Trump and colluded with the Clinton war machine to get her elected.

The Democrats will never be able to re-write history on this election no matter how many false narratives they attempt to put out in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections